1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 20:13
    Most people especially science orientated persons believe that civilization is advancing forward.

They believe this because of economic advancement and scientific discoveries.

Three hundred years ago there were no planes, no telephones, no computers, no antibiotics and no rockets to the moon and atomic bombs.

Did you know that these inventions are not new - but they have existed before long ago in different universes at different times - and invented by different people.

Because of all the different departments of material advancement we all think civilization is advancing.

Where is the department for advancing the consciousness because all things come from the consciousness - first there is the thought then the deed.

Vedic teachings are that department for advancing the consciousness and without advancing the consciousness then there is no advancement of civilization.

The first basic requirement for advancing the consciousness is to understand that we are not the material body and it goes something like this.

1. understand you are not this material body.

2. that you are soul or spirit.

3. that the soul is eternal and perfect.

4. that the soul is covered by the material energy.

5. that the soul has given the power of attorney to the mind.

6. that the mind can be of two types - conditioned and in illusion or liberated and free.

7. that persons are under control of their conditioned and delusional minds.

8. that because of their predicament they do not know the purpose of this human life.

9. that because of not knowing they do not act for their true self interest

10. that to truley advance civilization one must act for their true self interest.

11. that ones true self interest is to free ones self from this temporary material world of suffering.

12.that to achieve this one must re-establish ones eternal relationship with God.

13. that to accomplish this one must surrender to God as described in Vedic teachings.

14 that Vedic teachings are the only true authority for advancing in spiritual consciousness.

When all persons act for their true self interest then civilization will certainly and without doubt actually advance. ( and everyone will become happy and fulfilled)

At the moment civilisation is like lots of monkeys playing and occupying themselves with a bunch of technically advanced toys. (and everyone will fight over these toys and become unhappy and unfulfilled)
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 20:16
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Most people especially science orientated persons believe that civilization is advancing forward.

Three hundred years ago there were no planes, no telephones, no computers, no antibiotics and no rockets to the moon and atomic bombs.

Did you know that these inventions are n ...[text shortened]... lly advanced toys. (and everyone will fight over these toys and become unhappy and unfulfilled)
    There are no types of people groups on other planets.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 23:34
    At the moment civilisation is like lots of monkeys playing and occupying themselves with a bunch of technically advanced toys. (and everyone will fight over these toys and become unhappy and unfulfilled)
    I don't find you a credible commentator on the human spirit. I don't know exactly what things have happened to you in life - I gather you are an adult from some things you've said - but it doesn't seem to have equipped you with the ability to offer insightful comments on humanity. Instead we get this extraordinarily bitter, scathing, misanthropic, sterile perspective on the human spirit. "Lots of monkeys"? "Rats and cockroaches"? "Pigs eating feces"? Whatever this cultist creed is that you have decided to mainline, Dasa, it only shrivels and alienates. What a pity.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 23:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't find you a credible commentator on the human spirit. I don't know exactly what things have happened to you in life - I gather you are an adult from some things you've said - but it doesn't seem to have equipped you with the ability to offer insightful comments on humanity. Instead we get this extraordinarily bitter, scathing, misanthropic, sterile perspe ...[text shortened]... that you have decided to mainline, Dasa, it only shrivels and alienates. What a pity.
    Besides discussing vanities which is not the subject......

Do you agree with the post?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 23:48
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    And you know this because............?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '11 23:591 edit
    Do you agree with the post?
    I think your outlook is suffocatingly jaundiced and pessimistic. By contrast, my own spiritual mind map makes me optimistic and positive about the wonderful capacity of the human spirit and the potential for emotional, intellectual and spiritual joy of this life. You are entitled to believe what you believe, Dasa. I respect your lifestyle choices. But your OP, for me personally, is simply religionist blather delivered with a pomposity that is totally at odds with the carping, small minded, abusive persona you use to browbeat - to a ludicrous degree - people you seem to have nothing but contempt for in this online community. So the answer is, no.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 01:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think your outlook is suffocatingly jaundiced and pessimistic. By contrast, my own spiritual mind map makes me optimistic and positive about the wonderful capacity of the human spirit and the potential for emotional, intellectual and spiritual joy of this life. You are entitled to believe what you believe, Dasa. I respect your lifestyle choices. But your OP, f ...[text shortened]... people you seem to have nothing but contempt for in this online community. So the answer is, no.
    Why would you respect his lifestyle? It is completely devoid of love, or even empathy. You're right, though, it is a pity.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 01:25
    The first basic requirement for advancing the consciousness is to understand that we are not the material body and it goes something like this.

1. understand you are not this material body.
    -unnecessary

2. that you are soul or spirit.
    -unnecessary

3. that the soul is eternal and perfect.
    -unnecessary

4. that the soul is covered by the material energy.
    -the soul does not reside in the body

5. that the soul has given the power of attorney to the mind.
    -no

6. that the mind can be of two types - conditioned and in illusion or liberated and free.
    -the mind cannot help being anything but what the soul prescribes.

7. that persons are under control of their conditioned and delusional minds.
    -no

8. that because of their predicament they do not know the purpose of this human life.
    -incorrect. there is no singular purpose for human life. each life has its own purpose and it is not important for the individual to understand this or even to know it.

9. that because of not knowing they do not act for their true self interest
    -incorrect. every act, no matter what the seeming outcome, is for their true self interest.

10. that to truley advance civilization one must act for their true self interest.
    -they already do, but it is not related to advancement of civilization.

11. that ones true self interest is to free ones self from this temporary material world of suffering.
    -no, one will leave this temporary material world of suffering at any time their soul decides it has received its desired experiences.

12.that to achieve this one must re-establish ones eternal relationship with God.
    -no, to achieve this, one must simply continue living and experiencing until one dies for whatever reason.

13. that to accomplish this one must surrender to God as described in Vedic teachings.
    -no. no surrender of any sort is necessary, unless the soul wills it, to experience surrender.

14 that Vedic teachings are the only true authority for advancing in spiritual consciousness.
    -absurd.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 01:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    And you know this because?
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 02:40

Did you know that these inventions are n ...[text shortened]... lly advanced toys. (and everyone will fight over these toys and become unhappy and unfulfilled)
    What is dragging civilization backwards is the rubbish you spout.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Why would you respect his lifestyle? It is completely devoid of love, or even empathy. You're right, though, it is a pity.
    I respect his right to chose his lifestyle and base it on the beliefs he has chosen to hold. Sorry, I have made that point so many times that I delivered this time in a slightly abbreviated way that in fact alters its meaning slightly.

edit: Oh and as for "...his lifestyle [...] is completely devoid of love, or even empathy". Yes, of course I agree. At least in the way he presents himself and his belief system here, his mental map seems to be just about the most wretched and soulless I have come across online.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 05:341 edit
    The highest form of love is to give persons the highest knowledge.

Having the highest knowledge * permanently removes them from their suffering condition.

Offering persons a solution to their suffering condition is the highest love.

Persons who reject this highest knowledge and defend ignorance are no better than cats and dogs.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 07:04
    The highest form of love is to give persons the highest knowledge.

Having the highest knowledge * permanently removes them from their suffering condition.

Offering persons a solution to their suffering condition is the highest love.

Persons who reject this highest knowledge and defend ignorance are no better than cats and dogs.
    I wouldn't eat a cat or a dog. Not sure if this helps?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 07:06
    What constitutes "highest knowledge" comprises many subjective assertions and circular arguments on your part. I reject almost all your subjective assertions, mostly on account of your very evident social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual inadequacy. You command no respect, Dasa. Nor do your diatribes.

"Defend ignorance" is a self-redefined synonym for 'disagree with Dasa' that you use so often that it means nothing anymore. In terms of spirituality I - and every other person in this community, including you - is completely different to "cats and dogs", in terms of intellect, spirit, emotion, so your assertion that people like me are "no better than cats and dogs", while it may mean something to other people who happen to submit to the "authority" of your Vedic teachings, it means nothing to me and has no impact on my spiritual insights.

Does dishing out your gratuitous abuse of those whose beliefs differ from your come at any cost to you, spiritually speaking?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '11 07:09
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Dasa's being careful with who he is quoting or responding to with his post, but he appears to be claiming that his wretched online persona, who is evidently completely devoid of love and empathy, is in fact demonstrating and bestowing the "highest form of love".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree