1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 07:56
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Does your religiosity permeate and affect pretty much every pinnacle experience you have, and have had? It did for me - back when I was religious. I am not asking for examples. I am just asking if you agree with the observation.
    How do your religious pinnacle experiences compare with the non religious ones?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 08:04
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Well, there is no longer any supernatural element in how I perceive myself, my life, and the experiences I have. I can still remember pinnacles in my life during the time that I held Christian beliefs. And I sense no less satisfaction or pleasure about good experiences that I have had during the intervening years. This may be why I don't have any regrets about my years of faith and I continue to feel positive about them, to this day.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 08:11
    Well, there is no longer any supernatural element in how I perceive myself, my life, and the experiences I have. I can still remember pinnacles in my life during the time that I held Christian beliefs. And I sense no less satisfaction or pleasure about good experiences that I have had during the intervening years. This may be why I don't have any regrets about my years of faith and I continue to feel positive about them, to this day.
    I just fail to understand why you would feel positive about something that you have literally turned your back on, especially when you continually seem to spit on Christianity with almost every post you make here.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 08:161 edit
    I just fail to understand why you would feel positive about something that you have literally turned your back on....
    I don't have any negative feelings about that period. So, the default setting is 'positive'. I have had an interesting life - done a variety of things - and lived in different parts of the world. My faith was no hindrance to any of this. I was positive as a Christian. And I am positive as a non-Christian.

...you continually seem to spit on Christianity with almost every post you make here.

I don't think I do.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 08:18
    So, I answered your question. Do you agree with the observation that religiosity permeates and affects pretty much every pinnacle experience that a believer has?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 08:372 edits
    I don't have any negative feelings about that period. So, the default setting is 'positive'. I have had an interesting life - done a variety of things - and lived in different parts of the world. My faith was no hindrance to any of this. I was positive as a Christian. And I am positive as a non-Christian.

[b]...you continually seem to spit on Christianity with almost every post you make here.

I don't think I do.[/b]
    If you want to use words like 'convoluted Hebrew mythology' to describe your past beliefs and maintain that you still feel positive about them, who am I to doubt you?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 09:061 edit
    If you want to use words like 'convoluted Hebrew mythology' to describe your past beliefs and maintain that you still feel positive about them, who am I to doubt you?
    Well it is a mythology. It was created by the Hebrews. And it is convoluted. I appreciate that these are three opinions that you disagree with, but me having them and talking about them can hardly be described as 'spitting' on something. What I am still positive about is my experience of being a Christian. As for the mythology that underpins Christian faith, well I am not a believer anymore.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 09:35
    Well it is a mythology. It was created by the Hebrews. And it is convoluted. I appreciate that these are three opinions that you disagree with, but me having them and talking about them can hardly be described as 'spitting' on something. What I am still positive about is my experience of being a Christian. As for the mythology that underpins Christian faith, well I am not a believer anymore.
    Yet you can't tell me exactly what it is you are positive about. You don't seem positive at all about it when you attack it at every turn.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 09:41
    Yet you can't tell me exactly what it is you are positive about. You don't seem positive at all about it when you attack it at every turn.
    I could tell you more but I don't want to. If you don't like my approach to debate and discussion, you need not read or respond to what I write.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 09:57
    I could tell you more but I don't want to. If you don't like my approach to debate and discussion, you need not read or respond to what I write.
    So much for being forthright and transparent.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:22
    Amen.
    My sentiments exactly.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:32
    So much for being forthright and transparent.
    It's a sign of how little respect I have for you.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:35
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Amen.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Any thoughts on the topic of this thread or were you just scouring through my contributions to the forum looking for a post of mine you could make an off-topic personal remark about?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:44
    Any thoughts on the topic of this thread or were you just scouring through my contributions to the forum looking for a post of mine you could make an off-topic personal remark about?
    Neither.
    Definitely not "scouring through" your comments.

I noticed something.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:51
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Neither.
    Definitely not "scouring through" your comments.

I noticed something.
    I am noticing that you've still offered no thoughts on the topic of this thread and yet seem to want to be seen to be posting on it and registering some sort of chagrin you feel. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree