You'll have to ask "people".
    So you don't know?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:45
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So you don't know?
    If you are asking me to point you towards some of the hundreds of interesting debates I have been involved in - and contributed to - here in this community over the last 10 years, it's not a hoop that I am going to jump through.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:47
    Conveniently so since no one could tell if you are just making this up.
    Yes, sure, I could have simply made up the idea. You're right. That could be what;'s happened here.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you are asking me to point you towards some of the hundreds of interesting debates I have been involved in - and contributed to - here in this community over the last 10 years, it's not a hoop that I am going to jump through.
    You said, "Some things I say some people find true and interesting...". I am asking you how you know this?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:55
    Yes, sure, I could have simply made up the idea. You're right. That could be what;'s happened here.
    I wouldn't put it past you. 😉
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 05:05
    You said, "Some things I say some people find true and interesting...". I am asking you how you know this?
    Because I have been having interesting, genuine conversations with people here for many years. And I am an adult who is able to perceive stuff. And who is able to evaluate what is going on and how I relate to people and how people relate to me.

If you think, by contrast, that you have not been having interesting, genuine conversations with people during your time here and that you are not able to perceive stuff and not able to evaluate what is going on and your relationships with people, then that is something for you to ponder.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 05:40
    Because I have been having interesting, genuine conversations with people here for many years. And I am an adult who is able to perceive stuff. And who is able to evaluate what is going on and how I relate to people and how people relate to me.

If you think, by contrast, that you have not been having interesting, genuine conversations with people during your ...[text shortened]... e what is going on and your relationships with people, then that is something for you to ponder.
    I am asking how you perceive that people find what you say to be true and interesting.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 05:50
    I am asking how you perceive that people find what you say to be true and interesting.
    And I have answered. You say you are a grown up. And you say you are a teacher. Look at the children you teach. How old are they? Seven, eight, ten? Can they perceive and evaluate whether their interactions with other people are good and beneficial and enjoyable and interesting? Yes, of course they can.

Well, I am not a child. I am a grown up. And I am not autistic. And I am not intellectually disabled. And I don't drink alcohol when read posts and when I post myself. So I am not impaired in any way. So I can understand the dynamics of a debate and a discussion, and its contributors, on an online forum. I can understand what people say and what they mean.

Are you able to ascertain from your interactions in this community whether anyone finds what you say to be true and interesting? I can. Can you?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 07:071 edit
    And I have answered. You say you are a grown up. And you say you are a teacher. Look at the children you teach. How old are they? Seven, eight, ten? Can they perceive and evaluate whether their interactions with other people are good and beneficial and enjoyable and interesting? Yes, of course they can.

Well, I am not a child. I am a grown up. And I am not ...[text shortened]... in this community whether anyone finds what you say to be true and interesting? I can. Can you?
    I was merely asking how you know that people find your posts to be true and interesting, if you think that your sarcastic post explains how then good for you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 07:14
    I was merely asking how you know that people find your posts to be true and interesting, if you think that your sarcastic post explains how then good for you.
    Your perception is faulty. I wasn't being sarcastic in the slightest. It is was my answer to your question.

Are you going to answer the return question?

Are you able to ascertain from your interactions in this community whether anyone finds what you say to be true and interesting?

I can do it. Do you think you can?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 07:14
    Clues:
    - people tell you that you are a boring irritant
    - people tell FMF that he is interesting and they engage with him in the forums
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 13:28
    Your perception is faulty. I wasn't being sarcastic in the slightest. It is was my answer to your question.

Are you going to answer the return question?

Are you able to ascertain from your interactions in this community whether anyone finds what you say to be true and interesting?

I can do it. Do you think you can?
    By 'knowing' I assume you can prove it? How would you prove that someone finds your posts interesting and true?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 13:39
    By 'knowing' I assume you can prove it? How would you prove that someone finds your posts interesting and true?
    Why are you behaving like this?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 14:04
    Nearly time for a new identity...
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 04:24
    Why are you behaving like this?
    Am I not allowed to ask you inconvenient questions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree