Communication with God.

Communication with God.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jun 13

How do you communicate with God and in turn how does he communicate with you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Through the Watchtower Bible Society

Moves
26 Jun 13

If there is anyone here who can actually communicate with a god please ask that god for an argument that would convince me of it's existence and then post it to these forums.

Shouldn't be hard for your god to do.

Ah, except that none of you are actually in communication with anything but your own limited imaginations.

Moves
26 Jun 13

The universe that is manifested to my senses comes in, and my reactions go out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 13
2 edits

"I love Jehovah because He hears my voice, my supplications, because He inclines His ear to me;

Therefore I will call upon [Him all] my days. (Psalm 116:1)

I use my voice.
"He hears my voice".

He can use many means to get through to me.
What He gets through to me is always based on something He has already told me in the Bible.

Through prayer, through intuition, though His still small voice in my conscience under the Holy Spirit, through fellowship, He can speak through anything He wants to use to get through to me. He speaks mostly through the rhema of His word.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Jun 13
4 edits

I first utter the following incantation:

"Abracadabra, Alakazam, attention of "G"od, be where I am

I then pretend that self raising flour is in fact twinkle dust and throw it into the air. When the dust has settled and tranformed the floor into a snow-covered wonderland I then stand on one leg, pat my head, and rub my belly. To finish the ritual I speak the so-called Lord's prayer 29 times whilst wearing my secret invisibility cap

The thing is, I always get bored before reaching the end, and so I can't say anything about how "H"e communicates back :/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
If there is anyone here who can actually communicate with a god please ask that god for an argument that would convince me of it's existence and then post it to these forums.

Shouldn't be hard for your god to do.

Ah, except that none of you are actually in communication with anything but your own limited imaginations.
Last I heard from Him, He was mumbling something about "A fool's errand."

Sorry.

Moves
26 Jun 13

it would appear that god is communicating to us all through the wise and honorable words of robbie and galveston.

insert your own levels of sarcasm when reading

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 13

A Personal Testimony:

I and my wife have been married happily for 36 years. Our coming together was accompanied by God definitely speaking to my wife that I was the person who she would marry.

Here is what happened. First you have to realize that my wife was not one of those women who was anxious about getting married. Whenever there was a wedding in our congregation we could count on her being too busy elsewhere to attend. She was not one of these young girls eager to land a husband. Marriage to her was a negative to be avoided.

She came from a backround of her father being an alcoholic and woman beater. She wanted NOTHING to do with marriage.

The first day I walked into the assembly hall the Holy Spirit spoke to her - "That is the man you are going to marry." Her reply to the Lord was that "Okay. I am going to fight You on this."

This speaking she received from God the moment she saw me. We knew nothing about each other. And this testimony she told me of long after we were married.

The story of the rough courtship I do not tell now. My only point here is that God knew before either of us that we were to be married and informed my very reluctant wife about it a few years before I even noticed her or pursued her.

And she was not even first on my "shopping list" so to speak.
Praise God for the reality of His speaking to us as He wills to.

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonship
A Personal Testimony:

I and my wife have been married happily for 36 years. Our coming together was accompanied by God definitely speaking to my wife that I was the person who she would marry.

Here is what happened. First you have to realize that my wife was not one of those women who was anxious about getting married. Whenever there was a wedding in ...[text shortened]... ping list" so to speak.
i dont believe god spoke to your wife (sorry, no offence intended). but still its a lovely story and its always heart warming to hear about long happy marriages. i have a very similar story with my missus (without god), but we still have a long way to go before we get to 35 years!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jun 13
1 edit

A Personal Testimony:

Here is what happened. First you have to realize that my wife was not one of those women who was anxious about getting married. Whenever there was a wedding in ping list" so to speak.
This is a beautiful story, jaywill.

I believe God speaks to all of us.

Some of us do not have the ears to listen, just as a radio must be 'tuned' to a specific frequency to hear a specific station.

It is a willful thing to tune your radio to the right station. Faith decides how easy our tuning apparatus is to use. Some of us have a huge tuning dial that is easy to turn because of our huge faith. Some of us have little, tiny tuning buttons that are hard to use because of our miniscule faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 13

i dont believe god spoke to your wife (sorry, no offence intended). but still its a lovely story and its always heart warming to hear about long happy marriages. i have a very similar story with my missus (without god), but we still have a long way to go before we get to 35 years!!

You are of course free to be skeptical. I was kind of surprised when after a few years of marriage she confessed to her experience.

I do want to add a few caveats of what I did not say. I did not say non-believers cannot have long heart warming marriages that they feel were "made in heaven" so to speak - skeptic style.

I am just relating our experience. I have a similar one about how God spoke to us about our living place when we were forced to move from one city to another.

He directed us to the street and the house.
I will not relate details of that now.
You would probably not believe that speaking of God either.

Anyway. God does speak - no doubt about it.

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne

Some of us do not have the ears to listen, just as a radio must be 'tuned' to a specific frequency to hear a specific station.

It is a willful thing to tune your radio to the right station. Faith decides how easy our tuning apparatus is to use. Some of us have a huge tuning di ...[text shortened]... me of us have little, tiny tuning buttons that are hard to use because of our miniscule faith.
hey dont you be talking about my tiny dial.......its a grower not a show-er!!!!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 13

There have been some very serious times when I had the sensation of the Holy Spirit definitely speaking in my heart.

I had some which were more sobering speakings.

I think so.
Sometimes He can get through to you but you cannot seem to get through to Him. That is abnormal.

Then when you do what He demands of you then you are able to get through to Him your speaking. It is a skill to be acquired over time - the two way fellowship.

Walking with the living God becomes much like the natural living. When nothing is wrong with your body you don't feel anything in particular. But if you become ill you become conscious of your body. It is often a sign that something is wrong.

When we walk normally in the Spirit of God His speaking seems not necessary. Or it is so commonplace that we do not notice much.

But if we begin to turn away from walking with Him then we hear the speaking which before seemed so normal and casual. In a sense if you are so aware that God is speaking rather than just flowing peacefully with Him, it may not be the best sign.

He ever wants to just blend and mingle with our souls.

It is a willful thing to tune your radio to the right station. Faith decides how easy our tuning apparatus is to use. Some of us have a huge tuning dial that is easy to turn because of our huge faith. Some of us have little, tiny tuning buttons that are hard to use because of our miniscule faith.

It is best to cultivate a time with God each day to receive some speaking. It is best to cultivate the daily habit of having a time with God to develop a sense of His anointing teaching you.

Moves
26 Jun 13
1 edit

You are of course free to be skeptical. I was kind of su bly not believe that speaking of God either.

Anyway. God does speak - no doubt about it.
my wife has always had a dream to get married, honeymoon in rome and wish for a red headed baby girl by flipping a coin in the trevi fountain. we did all of those things and a year after honeymoon she had a little red headed girl.

nice story...but my wifes a bloody atheist so it does my skeptical, scientific brain in when she tells it like it was fate, to anybody who will listen!! her heart over-rules her head when it comes to the thing she cares most about. but i would never poop on her story. so i shall not poop on your house moving tale if you should wish to share it, my skeptical tongue is well and truly bitten.