1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Really. Fascinating.

Which commandments do you need to keep if not the ten?
    The commandments of Christ are those that Christ expects his followers to keep. The 10 commandments to which you refer are from the Law of Moses given to the Jews. They no longer apply. Christ is the new law and it is by His law all will be judged.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:16
    If your god existed and you communicated with it you would know that wasn't true.

So you fail the communicating with god test...

Next!
    But you know what?

The onus is not on Him. It's on you.

You have no authority to demand anything from Him. You don't even believe He exists. Why would He bother proving anything to you? You've already made up your mind without sufficient evidence.

The point is that I pray for the atheists in this forum nearly every day. So far, He is silent on the matter. See paragraph three.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:17
    So I'll ask again.... do you speak directly to God or to God thru Jesus?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But you know what?

The onus is not on Him. It's on you.

You have no authority to demand anything from Him. You don't even believe He exists. Why would He bother proving anything to you? You've already made up your mind without sufficient evidence.

The point is that I pray for the atheists in this forum nearly every day. So far, He is silent on the matter. See paragraph three.
    Well according to you god wants something from me. (belief, worship, devotion, whatever)

So it is rather his obligation to prove he exists as a first step.

If your god can't be bothered to prove he exists then there is no sane requirement for me to believe in him.

And the fact that you (and many others) keep praying for us atheists and yet we stay atheists... (incidentally that makes you an incredible ars***le on the grounds that you have not asked us whether we want you to pray for us. I certainly don't. I know your god doesn't exist and your prayers are a total waste of time, but YOU think your god exists and that prayers can work.) ... yet again demonstrating the total failure of your religion to be anything more than wishful thinking.

The laws of rationality and logic DEMAND that nothing is to be believed without sufficient evidence to justify that belief.

There are no exceptions... not even for gods.

Also... Do you realise how stupid it sounds saying that there is no point in god proving his existence to me because I don't believe he exits... I mean why else would you try to prove your existence to someone other than them not believing that you exist???
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The commandments of Christ are those that Christ expects his followers to keep. The 10 commandments to which you refer are from the Law of Moses given to the Jews. They no longer apply. Christ is the new law and it is by His law all will be judged.
    Well I can tell you that not every Christian agrees with that...

However you didn't answer the question...

What are the commandments (you believe) you are meant to follow?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:36
    Well according to you god wants something from me. (belief, worship, devotion, whatever)

So it is rather his obligation to prove he exists as a first step.

If your god can't be bothered to prove he exists then there is no sane requirement for me to believe in him.

And the fact that you (and many others) keep praying for us atheists and yet we ...[text shortened]... d you try to prove your existence to someone other than them not believing that you exist???
    But the onus is NOT on Him. Why should He prove anything to one who does not believe? Your gain in the matter is almost infinitely more than His gain. It behooves you to gather the faith necessary to believe. Since you can't, or nae, you refuse to do so, His work is done. He even provided an intercessor on your behalf, if only you would believe on Him, the only begotten Son of God. But you refuse that gift as well. Yet, incredibly, what you do believe is that God hasn't put enough effort into bending your Free Will. It's your choice, and sadly, it's been made. You've made clear what you want, and you seem indignant that God may not respect that. And yet, you still feel that the onus is on God to prove Himself to you. That's incredible.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:40
    But the onus is NOT on Him. Why should He prove anything to one who does not believe? Your gain in the matter is almost infinitely more than His gain. It behooves you to gather the faith necessary to believe. Since you can't, or nae, you refuse to do so, His work is done. He even provided an intercessor on your behalf, if only you would believe ...[text shortened]... d yet, you still feel that the onus is on God to prove Himself to you. That's incredible.
    doesnt the same apply for allah? why should he prove anything to me? isnt the onus on me to believe in him?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:45
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    doesnt the same apply for allah? why should he prove anything to me? isnt the onus on me to believe in him?
    Allah is just the Arabic (as well as in many other languages) word for God.

A rose is a rose is a rose. By any name it would smell as sweet.

So my answers to you are: Yes. Beats me. Yes.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:49
    Allah is just the Arabic (as well as in many other languages) word for God.

A rose is a rose is a rose. By any name it would smell as sweet.

So my answers to you are: Yes. Beats me. Yes.
    so it doesnt really matter which god we accept? as long as we accept god? right?
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:54
    But the onus is NOT on Him. Why should He prove anything to one who does not believe? Your gain in the matter is almost infinitely more than His gain. It behooves you to gather the faith necessary to believe. Since you can't, or nae, you refuse to do so, His work is done. He even provided an intercessor on your behalf, if only you would believe ...[text shortened]... d yet, you still feel that the onus is on God to prove Himself to you. That's incredible.
    Wow is that stupid.

First off, free will has nothing to do with this, that's just bull excrement.

There are people who despite all the evidence believe that the earth is flat.
    Being provided with evidence sufficient to justify believing in something does not remove my free will as I still have a choice as to whether or not I accept it.

So that's total bunk.

Second, There isn't sufficient evidence to convince me that Jesus was a real person let alone evidence that he was the son of your god, (particularly the total lack of evidence that your god exists).

Third. I am not indignant that your god hasn't proved his existence to me.

Your god does not exist.

I am baffled that YOU expect me to believe that your god exists without any proof that it does.

Your god has not given me any messages, or reason to suppose it exists, or what it wants.
    Because it's non-existent.

All I see is a bunch of other people, claiming that a god exists, and what that god wants.

I am never going to believe those people without evidence that they are right.

The onus is on YOU to prove that YOUR claim the god exists is true.

I can't understand how you can't see that.

But it just goes to show how much religion has effed with your brain.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 17:00
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so it doesnt really matter which god we accept? as long as we accept god? right?
    Well I don't really like any of the gods currently on offer...

How about I just make up a new one that is more to my taste?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 17:06
    Well I can tell you that not every Christian agrees with that...

However you didn't answer the question...

What are the commandments (you believe) you are meant to follow?
    Not everyone who says they accept or say they know or say they believe will be found worthy of Christ. There are many verses which Christ says plainly that HE is the Truth. HE is the Way etc.

The doctrine of Christ are the teachings that are to be followed.

YES I did say in a nutshell what it was .. Love. Love God and Love your neighbour as yourself. Thats the Royal Law. Thats the law that replaces all others. The exact application of that law of love is described and explained all over the New Testament. If you want me to quote the dozens of verses which state how important they are I can do that.

Christians dont believe in Christ. Thats an unfortunate truth. They have gone completely astray from what Christ said.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 17:09
    Not everyone who says they accept or say they know or say they believe will be found worthy of Christ. There are many verses which Christ says plainly that HE is the Truth. HE is the Way etc.

The doctrine of Christ are the teachings that are to be followed.

YES I did say in a nutshell what it was .. Love. Love God and Love your neighbour as yourself. T ...[text shortened]... e in Christ. Thats an unfortunate truth. They have gone completely astray from what Christ said.
    You don't need to quote them.

But if you could say which ones, that would be appreciated, then I can look them up myself.

As ever I like to have specifics and details.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 17:18
    You don't need to quote them.

But if you could say which ones, that would be appreciated, then I can look them up myself.

As ever I like to have specifics and details.
    How about starting another thread as we are already poluting galvestons thread. I will participate and answer the question and it will give some of the other Christians who you say dont agree with what i say a chance to respond there.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 17:28
    Not everyone who says they accept or say they know or say they believe will be found worthy of Christ .
    No one is worthy, all have fallen short...

Yes, I believe I read that somewhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree