1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 14:041 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No problem. I'm going to past this because it is exactly what I would say to you in description:

What is the Holy Spirit?

The Scriptures make clear that the holy spirit is a force that God uses to accomplish his will. When the angel Gabriel announced to Mary that she would have a son even though she was a virgin, the ang ur, King and Lord..

I could say much more but you should get who he is to us from this.
    As is usually the case, Jehovah Witnesses use the Old Testament as the concluding word AFTER the New Testament.

Had they arranged the books of the Bible they may have had the order Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Ecclesiates, Exodus, Proverbs ...

The Holy Spirit is not merely a force. How can a force be grieved Galveston?

"And do not grieve that Holy Spirit, in whom you were sealed unto the day of redemption. " (Eph. 4:30)

Do you think that if I do not plug an electric chord into the AC socket in the wall, that the electrical force will be "grieved" ?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 16:29
    Originally posted by sonship
    As is usually the case, Jehovah Witnesses use the Old Testament as the concluding word AFTER the New Testament.

Had they arranged the books of the Bible they may have had the order Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, [b]Ecclesiates, Exodus, Proverbs ...

The Holy Spirit is not merely a force. How can a force be grieved Galveston?

"And do not g ...[text shortened]... electric chord into the AC socket in the wall, that the electrical force will be "grieved" ?
    You can grieve it or miss it if God is not letting it work on you for direction, help or whatever. Not a tuff one to understand.
    You can miss anything and it doesn't have to be human or a spirit being.
    I miss or grieve my home in Texas but that isn't a living being is it?

Related to GRIEVE

Synonymsagonize, anguish, bleed, hurt, mourn, sorrow, suffer, eat one's heart out, tear one's hair

Related Wordsache, long (for), pine (away), sigh, smart; rack, torment, torture; bemoan, bewail, deplore, lament, rue; bawl, blubber, cry, groan, howl, keen, moan, sob, take on, wail, weep, yammer, yowl; languish; regret
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 22:13
    No problem. I'm going to past this because it is exactly what I would say to you in description:

What is the Holy Spirit?

The Scriptures make clear that the holy spirit is a force that God uses to accomplish his will. When the angel Gabriel announced to Mary that she would have a son even though she was a virgin, the ang ...[text shortened]... ur, King and Lord..

I could say much more but you should get who he is to us from this.
    So for you the Holy Spirit is not a whom, but a what?
    I also noticed that you left how scripture names the Holy Spirit to the
    holy spirit, that also is a departure from scripture.
    Kelly

Moving this to top, I'd like to see your response.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 23:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So for you the Holy Spirit is not a whom, but a what?
    I also noticed that you left how scripture names the Holy Spirit to the
    holy spirit, that also is a departure from scripture.
    Kelly

Moving this to top, I'd like to see your response.
    Yes it has never been a whom. Never given a name, never given a seat or throne in heaven beside the Father for just a few.
    It's such a simple thing to expalin and understand but for the trinity to possibly work, the holy spirt has to be something different then wha tit actually is.

There are many scriptures that clearly point that the holy spirit is not a whom but a power or force from God.
    For instance:

Acts 2:33

Good News Translation (GNT)

33 "He has been raised to the right side of God, his Father, and has received from him the Holy Spirit, as he had promised. What you now see and hear is his gift that he has poured out on us."

This is speaking of Jesus being raised up from death and that he did not recieve a whom, but a gift which was God's spirit and approval as promissed. And in turn the holy spirit was poured like a liquid or blast of air so to speak of this holy spirit or power from God. It is simply God activating his power or will to get his planned will active.
    This could never be another spirit being such as Jesus and Jehovah are.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 09:30
    Yes it has never been a whom. Never given a name, never given a seat or throne in heaven beside the Father for just a few.
    It's such a simple thing to expalin and understand but for the trinity to possibly work, the holy spirt has to be something different then wha tit actually is.

There are many scriptures that clearly point that the holy spirit i ...[text shortened]... anned will active.
    You are thinking that a spirit person has to be like a solid material being like Jesus was as a man. The person of the Holy Spirit is able to be everywhere at once and is not restricted to a throne in Heaven like you view the Father and the Son. However that does not make the Holy Spirit an it or just an active force.

Just because water is not a person does not mean the Holy Spirit is not a person because he can be poured out on us. Ephesians 3:19 speakes of being filled with the fullness of God Himself. Surely, that does not mean God is not a person because we can be filled with Him. Christ is also spoken of as filling all things in Ephesians 4:10 and that does not mean He is not a person.

Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit as another "helper" who "teaches, guides, bears witness, speaks, and hears" and the Holy Spirit refers to Himself as "I and ME." (Acts 13:2)

The word for spirit in Greek is a neuter noun and normally requires a neuter pronoun in reference to it. However, when referring to the Holy Spirit this grammatical rule is deliberately violated by the use of the masculine pronoun, which means the Holy Spirit is a person and not an it.

The fact that every writer refers to the Holy Spirit with the masculine pronoun is clear evidence that an actual person is meant and this is not just a case of one writer using personification, like in the case of wisdom in the Old Testament.

The Instructor
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are thinking that a spirit person has to be like a solid material being like Jesus was as a man. The person of the Holy Spirit is able to be everywhere at once and is not restricted to a throne in Heaven like you view the Father and the Son. However that does not make the Holy Spirit an it or just an active force.

Just because water is not a person using personification, like in the case of wisdom in the Old Testament.

The Instructor
    "You are thinking that a spirit person has to be like a solid material being like Jesus was as a man."

Nope, not at all do I think this......

"The person of the Holy Spirit is able to be everywhere at once and is not restricted to a throne in Heaven like you view the Father and the Son. However that does not make the Holy Spirit an it or just an active force."

It can be anywhere because God uses it where he needs it. And it is not an it but it is specifically God's way of impowering, activating or even directing his will.
    If he sees the need to promote, motivate, inspire, etc, a person or group of people to do something like teach his words earthwide like he had his son Jesus impliment to his congregations, then God uses his power or influance to have this take place.
    Never has the Bible described the holy spirit in the way you do.

And the reason the holy spirit is described as being masculine is, lets see, God is described as being masculine? Yep he is. The only other choise would be a feminine word used for the holy spirit? I don't think that would work, do you?
    So if a mans muscles or his way of showing or using his power to accomplish something, and the word for muscle alluded to something feminie, it just wouldn't work would it? Hardly....
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 15:05

There are many scriptures that clearly point that the holy spirit i ...[text shortened]... anned will active.
    I can show you translations where the Holy Spirit is called "He" and there
    are warnings about insulting the Holy Spirit too which I think you are doing
    in calling the Spirit of God a thing, as if it were nothing but some power
    like electricity or magnetism. The Holy Spirit represents God's power,
    movement, God’s presences, He leads us, teaches us, and when God uses us
    to act as God's representative the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit is who moves with
    us to speak and act.
    Kelly
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 15:41
    I can show you translations where the Holy Spirit is called "He" and there
    are warnings about insulting the Holy Spirit too which I think you are doing
    in calling the Spirit of God a thing, as if it were nothing but some power
    like electricity or magnetism. The Holy Spirit represents God's power,
    movement, God’s presences, He leads us, teaches us, and w ...[text shortened]... d's representative the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit is who moves with
    us to speak and act.
    Kelly
    I'm not disrespecting it at all. But just simply expressing what it is.
    And again it is Gods and it is his way of making things happen. So why shouldn't it be called a he?
    And if one did lie or disrespect this which belongs to Jehovah, isn't it the same as doing it to God himself?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 16:41
    How do you communicate with God and in turn how does he communicate with you?
    Through His Word.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 17:503 edits
    I never took the passage to mean "Do not grieve FOR the Holy Spirit". Rather it is the Holy Spirit that is doing the grieving.

Do not cause the Holy Spirit to have to grieve for you.

So your analogy of "I grieve Texas" is not equivalent to the disobedient Christian grieving the Holy Spirit.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 19:59
    "You are thinking that a spirit person has to be like a solid material being like Jesus was as a man."

Nope, not at all do I think this......

"The person of the Holy Spirit is able to be everywhere at once and is not restricted to a throne in Heaven like you view the Father and the Son. However that does not make the Holy Spirit an it or just an ...[text shortened]... word for muscle alluded to something feminie, it just wouldn't work would it? Hardly....
    Now you are just making up things. You failed to check your Watchtower propaganda. I am sure they would not give such a stupid reply.

I said, "The word for spirit in Greek is a neuter noun and normally requires a neuter pronoun in reference to it. However, when referring to the Holy Spirit this grammatical rule is deliberately violated by the use of the masculine pronoun, which means the Holy Spirit is a person and not an it."

I had already informed you that a neuter pronoun can be used. So your statement that only a masculine and feminine word could be used has already been declared false before you said it.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 20:16
    I'm not disrespecting it at all. But just simply expressing what it is.
    And again it is Gods and it is his way of making things happen. So why shouldn't it be called a he?
    And if one did lie or disrespect this which belongs to Jehovah, isn't it the same as doing it to God himself?
    No, you are belittling the Spirit of God and placing upon Him the title of a
    common thing, something no different than a common chair, a rock, a
    speck of salt. The Spirit of the Lord God Almighty for you is an it, nothing
    more. I can think of no greater insult.
    Kelly
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 00:38
    Originally posted by sonship
    I never took the passage to mean "Do not grieve [b]FOR
    the Holy Spirit". Rather it is the Holy Spirit that is doing the grieving.

Do not cause the Holy Spirit to have to grieve for you.

So your analogy of "I grieve Texas" is not equivalent to the disobedient Christian grieving the Holy Spirit.[/b]
    Sorry but you are wrong on who's grieving. Can't do it on your own as the Bible cleary states. You'll always be searching and guessing.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 00:43
    No, you are belittling the Spirit of God and placing upon Him the title of a
    common thing, something no different than a common chair, a rock, a
    speck of salt. The Spirit of the Lord God Almighty for you is an it, nothing
    more. I can think of no greater insult.
    Kelly
    Oh no. Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was anything common as you just said. Don't asume that stuff as so many others here do. Your above that.
    In fact it is God's active force and how could something like God's power be common? It is his will and power that could wipe this planet out of existance in a heartbeat... So no it's not common at all. He is also the only being that has this holy spirit. Pretty uncommon if I'd say!!
    So if you think I mean something ask me, don't asume.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 01:573 edits
    Sorry but you are wrong on who's grieving. Can't do it on your own as the Bible cleary states. You'll always be searching and guessing.
    You are wrong.

It is not grieving FOR the Holy Spirit. It is causing the Holy Spirit to grieve for the disobedient Christian disciple who is not going along with the Holy Spirit.

You're still ignorant and without either experience of the Christian walk or even sensible familiarity with the New Testament economy.

There is no argument that the Holy Spirit is a Person and can be lied to as well as grieved - (Acts 5:3,4,9)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree