1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 14:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Moses Law was for the Jews. The commandments of CHrist are for Christians.
    What???????? Why then did Chrsit continually recite the Mosaic law?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 14:56
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    "You are free to join the Roman Catholic Church, however to remain in good standing, you may not participate in the same activities as the heterosexual members who are in committed relationships. No need to feel excluded, though."

Nevertheless the Roman Catholic Church appears to be a half-step ahead of the Church of Whodey on this topic at least 🙂
    Once again putting words in my mouth. Ok, I'm used to it.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 15:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    What???????? Why then did Chrsit continually recite the Mosaic law?
    Well .... why did he continually break it ?

He did not keep the sabbath, he refused to allow the adulterous woman to be stoned..... im sure there is more.

He created His own law. Making occasional reference to the law of Moses means nothing.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 15:271 edit
    Once again putting words in my mouth. Ok, I'm used to it.
    How was that in any way putting words in your mouth?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 23:32
    How was that in any way putting words in your mouth?
    I never said that homosexuals should be cast out of the church, rather, I said that when they openly live a homosexual lifestyle that they should be held accountable. We all have sinful tendencies but when we give into them and make them a lifestyle and embrace it and call it good then there is a problem.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '07 23:431 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well .... why did he continually break it ?

He did not keep the sabbath, he refused to allow the adulterous woman to be stoned..... im sure there is more.

He created His own law. Making occasional reference to the law of Moses means nothing.
    No, Christ did not break the sabbath or at least the spirit in which the sabbath was given. He did not work other than saving someone who needed help urgently. In other words, there are exceptions for breaking the sabbath and those exceptions were grounded in love for those in dire need, however, the law of the sabbath was never broken. I suppose if he went out to work for a days wage you could say that he was breaking the sabbath, but that is not what happened. Chirst NEVER said that he broke a Mosaic command nor did he say that he created his own law. In fact, he said quite the opposite as we see in John 5:31.

"If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true."

Christ said that he was bearing witness of what the Father inspired him to say and that what he was teachings were not derived soley from himself just as Moses. Then in John 5:47 Christ says,

"But if you believe not the writings of Moses, how will you believe my words."

Then in Matthew 5:17 we see Christ defending the Mosaic law and that of the prophets.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill."
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 00:091 edit
    I never said that homosexuals should be cast out of the church, rather, I said that when they openly live a homosexual lifestyle that they should be held accountable. We all have sinful tendencies but when we give into them and make them a lifestyle and embrace it and call it good then there is a problem.
    Do you even realize how much you lie? I never said that you said that "homosexuals should be cast out of church." You really need to get a grip on reality. You continually lie, mislead, put words in people's mouths, etc. Then you have the gall to play the victim.

This is what you said and I've been continually reminding you of it:

01 Aug '07 19:51 Whodey
    However, if those in question were church leaders or people in positions of influence or church members, then perhaps I would be inclined to remove them or ask them to step down.

15 Aug '07 07:19 ThinkOfOne
    But you do attack them.

You've deemed them unfit for church membership or leadership:
    "...if those in question were church leaders or people in positions of influence or church members, then perhaps I would be inclined to remove them or ask them to step down"

18 Aug '07 13:20 ThinkOfOne
    Then why do you discriminate against homosexuals?

What part of the following is done out of love?
    "...if those in question were church leaders or people in positions of influence or church members, then perhaps I would be inclined to remove them or ask them to step down"

Would you be inclined to do the same with people eat too much, drink too much, etc?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 00:12
    Do you even realize how much you lie? I never said that you said that "homosexuals should be cast out of church." You really need to get a grip on reality. You continually lie, mislead, put words in people's mouths, etc. Then you have the gall to play the victim.

This is what you said and I've been continually reminding you of it:

[b]01 Aug '07 19 ...[text shortened]...
    Would you be inclined to do the same with people eat too much, drink too much, etc?
    These repsonses were directed towards someone who was openly "practicing" a homosexual lifestyle. Therefore, if I have been misunderstood then I apologise.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 00:30
    These repsonses were directed towards someone who was openly "practicing" a homosexual lifestyle. Therefore, if I have been misunderstood then I apologise.
    I can't believe that you're even going to try to play the "Therefore, if I have been misunderstood then I apologise" card now.

If you had thought you were "misunderstood" you would have corrected me 200 posts ago.

03 Sep '07 16:32 Whodey
    I never said that homosexuals should be cast out of the church, rather, I said that when they openly live a homosexual lifestyle that they should be held accountable.

Held accountable how?
    01 Aug '07 19:51 Whodey
    However, if those in question were church leaders or people in positions of influence or church members, then perhaps I would be inclined to remove them or ask them to step down.

So what if they are "openly practicing" a homosexual lifestyle? What does that mean? Is that the equivalent of a married couple "openly practicing" a heterosexual lifestyle?

What gives you the right to judge homosexuals as unfit for membership or leadership in a church? You've already admitted that you know of no scriptural basis for it. You've already admitted that you know of nowhere where Jesus spoke out against homosexuality.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 02:33
    I can't believe that you're even going to try to play the "Therefore, if I have been misunderstood then I apologise" card now.

If you had thought you were "misunderstood" you would have corrected me 200 posts ago.

[b]03 Sep '07 16:32 Whodey

I never said that homosexuals should be cast out of the church, rather, I said that when they openly l ...[text shortened]... ady admitted that you know of nowhere where Jesus spoke out against homosexuality.[/b]
    As I have said before, this debate was contingent with the assumption that the person in question was living an openly acitve homosexual lifestyle. I have no reason to lie about this. I don't even know how this would even have any bearing on our positions, however. Do you?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 02:451 edit
    As I have said before, this debate was contingent with the assumption that the person in question was living an openly acitve homosexual lifestyle. I have no reason to lie about this. I don't even know how this would even have any bearing on our positions, however. Do you?
    You're the one who brought it up and tried to play the victim by saying that you were "misunderstood".

You should really consider getting professional help.

03 Sep '07 17:12 Whodey

Do you ever read anyone's posts in their entirety? Even your own?

If people find you "offensive", its because you lie, talk out both sides of your mouth, put words in other people mouths, etc. Yet, you somehow delude yourself that it's because you bring the Truth as Jesus did. You're so far removed from the Truth it isn't even funny.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 02:53
    You're the one who brought it up and tried to play the victim by saying that you were "misunderstood".

You should really consider getting professional help.

[b]03 Sep '07 17:12 Whodey

Do ...[text shortened]... ng the Truth as Jesus did. You're so far removed from the Truth it isn't even funny.[/b]
    Now you are the one judging me. How can that be?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 02:57
    Now you are the one judging me. How can that be?
    Willoughby, next stop Willoughby.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 03:01
    Why not answer the question? I am not judging anyone because I am asking questions about what scripture says on the matter. In fact, no one in these discussions, to my knowledge, is gay.

You, on the other hand, have continually attacked me personally without so much as a blinking of an eye by calling me a hypocrite, a bigot, and a liar. You, in fact, are the one judging me.
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 19:46
    I wish you and whodey would stop this and get back on track

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree