1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 02:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    We can either start a new or I will take that as a no.
    I know you have no idea what my objections are because you misstate them if you acknowledge them at all.

Why don't you just admit it, instead of just ignoring my request?

Is it because your pride won't allow you to make such an admission?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 02:43
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I know you have no idea what my objections are because you misstate them if you acknowledge them at all.

Why don't you just admit it, instead of just ignoring my request?

Is it because your pride won't allow you to make such an admission?
    If this is how you feel then what is there to discuss?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    If this is how you feel then what is there to discuss?
    Why don't you admit it? Ask yourself. What's stopping you whodey? Take a look inside yourself instead of trying to hide behind the superficial "Christian persona" that you exhibit here. Don't like what you see in the mirror if forced to look at it?

You should be better than this whodey. You can be better than this.

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him DENY HIMSELF, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." Luke 9:23-24
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 02:47
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]There is no conflict between love and righteousness in God: because righteousness bows to love.
    This type of "theology" leads to all kinds of confusion.[/b]
    Let me try another pass at this—

God either is love (agape), or God is not. John did not say that God is loving or love-able or the like. Now, you can try to cover up that statement of God’s very essence in the folds of contextualization—but, in this case, I think that is like burying the gem inside the folds of the jeweler’s cloth.

Statements that God is holy, righteous, just, etc.—by contrast—are claims of attributes. If God’s attributes do not serve, in every case, God’s essence, then the very Godhead is conflicted. And that does lead to theological confusion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree