Compelled to change?

Compelled to change?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
12 Aug 07

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Who said "anything geos so long as the relationships in question are mutually loving"?

Who said "morality is defined by what I deem right in my own eyes or what I reason in my mind as being moral"?

Do you even attempt to read and comprehend anything that anyone posts? Or do you just like going off on rants? Yet another indication of the level of yo ...[text shortened]... ur spirituality and did likewise. Perhaps it's time you got in touch with the Holy Spirit.
I wouldn't be so tough on whodey , I don't think he's the type to frogmarch a homosexual out of his church or not show compassion. He's struggling with the Bible and Christian belief just as others struggled before him with evolution. What Christians need to realise is the scientific evidence around homosexuality. Many are ignorant of it.

w

Moves
12 Aug 07
1 edit

Who said "anything geos so long as the relationships in question are mutually loving"?

Who said "morality is defined by what I deem right in my own eyes or what I reason in my mind as being moral"?

Do you even attempt to read and comprehend anything that anyone posts? Or do you just like going off on rants? Yet another indication of the level of yo ur spirituality and did likewise. Perhaps it's time you got in touch with the Holy Spirit.
Speaking of getting in touch with God, do you think the Mosaic law was in touch with God? Did it come from God? If so, why has it changed? If not, perhaps Moses was not a prophet of God. Then again, perhaps he was not as spiritually mature as you.

T

Moves
12 Aug 07

Originally posted by whodey
Speaking of getting in touch with God, do you think the Mosaic law was in touch with God? Did it come from God? If so, why has it changed? If not, perhaps Moses was not a prophet of God. Then again, perhaps he was not as spiritually mature as you.
I suspect that you're intentionally acting dense, but if not perhaps you should start by reading my previous posts.

w

Moves
12 Aug 07

I suspect that you're intentionally acting dense, but if not perhaps you should start by reading my previous posts.
But I did read your posts. Your posts did not adress the reason as to why we are having this conversation which is why the Mosaic law banned homosexual behavior. Until you can come to terms with this issue I will go no further.

T

Moves
12 Aug 07

Originally posted by knightmeister
I wouldn't be so tough on whodey , I don't think he's the type to frogmarch a homosexual out of his church or not show compassion. He's struggling with the Bible and Christian belief just as others struggled before him with evolution. What Christians need to realise is the scientific evidence around homosexuality. Many are ignorant of it.
Unfortunately he is the type to put words in people's mouths while ignoring what was said 🙁

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Aug 07

.........Christians need to realise is the scientific evidence around homosexuality. Many are ignorant of it.
Christians might be ignorant of it. But is God ?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
13 Aug 07

The fact that homosexuality exists as a cultural phenomenon proves little. I see no reason why it can't be biological as well. One thing I do know. I am not hetrosexual via any cultural brainwashing , I am hetrosexual because my brain responds to the female form and finds women attractive. I can't imagine how any amount of cultural influence could make ...[text shortened]... ove to the opposite sex makes them feel as ill as you might making love to a man?
Did you choose to be heterosexual?

And, if so, when? How did you come to that decision? Was it a difficult one? Etc., etc.

Altogther, rec’d, KM.

w

Moves
13 Aug 07

Unfortunately he is the type to put words in people's mouths while ignoring what was said 🙁
I do understand your position. Your position is that following God requires walking in love with other people, no? Therefore, why is it wrong that homosexuals cannot share a loving relationship. Am I correct? Have I put words in your mouth? Nevertheless, it is of concern that the Mosaic law singles out certain "sins" as abominations to God which includes homosexiality. My question to you is why do you think this is? Does it concern you? Do you view the Mosaic law to be inspired from God?

T

Moves
13 Aug 07
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
I do understand your position. Your position is that following God requires walking in love with other people, no? Therefore, why is it wrong that homosexuals cannot share a loving relationship. Am I correct? Have I put words in your mouth? Nevertheless, it is of concern that the Mosaic law singles out certain "sins" as abominations to God which includes ...[text shortened]... you think this is? Does it concern you? Do you view the Mosaic law to be inspired from God?
Seriously, if you understood my position you wouldn't attribute statements like the following to me:
"anything geos so long as the relationships in question are mutually loving"
"morality is defined by what I deem right in my own eyes or what I reason in my mind as being moral"

So, no, you don't understand my position. You just like to think you do.

Aside from that, what do you think of the idea that Jesus established a new covenant with man?

What makes you so certain the verses cited in Mosaic Law are meant to be applied to those born as homosexuals as well as those born as heterosexuals?

w

Moves
13 Aug 07

Thanks, it is nice for a change not to be judged so harshly. Believe it or not, my attempt here is not to judge the homosexual. After all, I there have been no homosexuals in the fray to my knowledge as of yet. My attempt here is only to disallow calling evil good and good evil.

w

Moves
13 Aug 07

Seriously, if you understood my position you wouldn't attribute statements like the following to me:
"anything geos so long as the relationships in question are mutually loving"
"morality is defined by what I deem right in my own eyes or what I reason in my mind as being moral"

So, no, you don't understand my position. You just like to think you do.
Ok then, what criterea makes something a sin?

w

Moves
13 Aug 07
1 edit

The fact that homosexuality exists as a cultural phenomenon proves little. I see no reason why it can't be biological as well. One thing I do know. I am not hetrosexual via any cultural brainwashing , I am hetrosexual because my brain responds to the female form and finds women attractive. I can't imagine how any amount of cultural influence could make ove to the opposite sex makes them feel as ill as you might making love to a man?

w

Moves
13 Aug 07
2 edits

The fact that homosexuality exists as a cultural phenomenon proves little. I see no reason why it can't be biological as well. One thing I do know. I am not hetrosexual via any cultural brainwashing , I am hetrosexual because my brain responds to the female form and finds women attractive. I can't imagine how any amount of cultural influence could make ove to the opposite sex makes them feel as ill as you might making love to a man?
I am not saying that there is not a possible genetic component to the behavoir. The truth is I don't know. My position, however, is that we are wired for certain sinful behavoirs. For example, for some people all that is required in becoming an alcoholic is taking one drink and they are hooked as where others it has little effect. In effect, we are wired to sin since we were born into sin. The question really is homosexuality one of these sins?

w

Moves
13 Aug 07

The Bible got it wrong , they did not know what we now know. Any Christian who tries to rationally defend this position is doomed to fail in the long term. The battle is not about sexuality it's about dogma versus truth.[/b]
I would agree in part in that the arguement is doomed to fail outside the confines of a persons faith. On a secular level, something is deemed wrong when it hurts another person or infringes upon anothers rights. Therefore, what offense has there occured between two consenting adults? They are free to do what they like when they like so long as no laws are broken. However, a person of faith not only takes into consideration what the law of the land is but also what the law of God says. What does God say on the matter, if anything in your opinion?

This leads me to the statement, "the Bible got it wrong". What makes you so sure? Is it because you feel as though science has proven that people cannot help but be gay? The Bible also says that God is true and every man a liar. Does this mean that because I am predestined to lie because of my sin nature that it is then OK to embrace lying?

w

Moves
13 Aug 07

Aside from that, what do you think of the idea that Jesus established a new covenant with man?
What do I think of the new covenant established by Jesus? I would say that Christ did not do away with the Mosaic law as he claimed, rather, grace is simply a new device for combating sin. Both the Mosaic law and the era of grace are geared towards fighting sin but in different ways. The Mosaic tactic was to destroy the sinner to destroy the sin. The Christian method is to try and preserve the sinner while destroying the sin in their lives. Christ claimed to be able to set people free from their sins as he did the woman caught in adultry. Christ also revealed the spirit of the Mosaic law which was based in love. Christ was the perfection of the law because he introduced loving your enemies that was missing in OT theology in large part.