1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 17:051 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    2 Thessalonians 1:
    5 This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— 6 since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven ...[text shortened]... y fulfill every
    good work in the faith by His power. (note: God in us is required for that now)
    I notice something very interesting about your comments. You have ignored the part of the passage which conflicts with your doctrine. Here it is :

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 KJV)

Jesus is going to destroy those who do not obey his commandments

I hope you got that.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Dude, I was agreeing with you. (While simultaneously showing you up with a more serendipitously selected passage).
    After I replied, I scratched my head and thought, "Wait... was he agreeing with me? Naahhhhh..."

Thanks for setting it straight! Sir.

edit: And I noticed that I didn't get a "sir" in your reply to me. Are you slipping, or, have I been demoted? 😛
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 17:51
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    After I replied, I scratched my head and thought, "Wait... was he agreeing with me? Naahhhhh..."

Thanks for setting it straight! Sir.

edit: And I noticed that I didn't get a "sir" in your reply to me. Are you slipping, or, have I been demoted? 😛
    It is technically illegal sir in the UK to call someone 'dude' and 'sir' in the same sentence.

...I don't make the rules.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 18:48
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I notice something very interesting about your comments. You have ignored the part of the passage which conflicts with your doctrine. Here it is :

[i]In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and [b]that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, an ...[text shortened]... Jesus is going to destroy those who do not obey his commandments

I hope you got that.[/b]
    Addressed that elsewhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree