Conflict between Mormon and Biblical teachings

Conflict between Mormon and Biblical teachings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 May 19

Eladar, there has been some thread-drift. Don't worry about it. Just ignore it.

E

Moves
22 May 19

@FMF

He is much more flowery with his words. I would have just told you to bounce your ball.

F

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

@eladar said
@FMF

He is much more flowery with his words. I would have just told you to bounce your ball.
Philokalia isn't really trying to tell me to bounce my ball. He wants me to be his friend.

He keeps turning up here, seemingly obsessed with me in particular, giving me unsolicited advice about my posting and, at times, he doesn't really contribute anything much else.

He has been talking ostentatiously about ignoring me - and exhorting others to join him - for two years. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of such not-ignoring-me posts do not constitute an invitation to me to bounce-my-ball.

E

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

@FMF

Well all you want to do is entertain yourself by dominating conversations. Usually when people ask questions it is because they are interested in a conversation. One person asks a question then the other person, each answering questions in their turn. You are not like most people, you demand your questions be answered while never answering questions given to you.

At least this was my experience with you and what I have seen in your dealings with others.

F

Moves
22 May 19

@eladar said
@FMF

Well all you want to do is entertain yourself by dominating conversations. Usually when people ask questions it is because they are interested in a conversation. One person asks a question then the other person, each answering questions in their turn. You are not like most people, you demand your questions be answered while never answering questions given to you.

At least this was my experience with you and what I have seen in your dealings with others.
Just don't answer questions if you are unwilling to or unable to do so. I have had hundreds and hundreds of great conversations here with other people. You've no need to keep alluding to how you don't want one. It's ok for you not to want one. Don't worry about it. You address many many of your post to me. I don't really know why.

F

Moves
22 May 19

@eladar said
You are not like most people, you demand your questions be answered while never answering questions given to you.
I answer questions more readily and more clearly than many of the people I have discussions with. People mewling 'Don't demand answers! Don't demand answers!'' are usually deflecting or struggling to be coherent.

E

Moves
22 May 19

@fmf said
Just don't answer questions if you are unwilling to or unable to do so. I have had hundreds and hundreds of great conversations here with other people. You've no need to keep alluding to how you don't want one. It's ok for you not to want one. Don't worry about it. You address many many of your post to me. I don't really know why.
Great conversations by your standards are quite likely inquisitions. Either that are people whining and complaining about christian beliefs are maybe just belittling.

In any case, hogwash in my book.

F

Moves
22 May 19

@eladar said
Great conversations by your standards are quite likely inquisitions.
Like I said, just don't answer questions if you are unwilling to or unable to do so. Yes, when I say 'great conversations', I mean great conversations by my standards. Your standards are not ones that I want to emulate. If you don't want the kind of scrutiny or perspective I offer, don't worry about it.

E

Moves
22 May 19

@fmf said
Like I said, just don't answer questions if you are unwilling to or unable to do so. Yes, when I say 'great conversations', I mean great conversations by my standards. Your standards are not ones that I want to emulate. If you don't want the kind of scrutiny or perspective I offer, don't worry about it.
Like I said, do not bother people after they have told you to leave them alone. You continuing to do so is called harrassment.

F

Moves
22 May 19
1 edit

@eladar said
Like I said, do not bother people after they have told you to leave them alone. You continuing to do so is called harrassment.
No, you are mistaken. Your unwillingness or inability to answer or reply to comments is, like it or not, is part of the public dialogue. Just as it is if I don't respond to comments.

I get asked dozens of questions a month by dj2becker, someone I can't be bothered talking to anymore; he is not harassing me. Furthermore, this 'silence' of mine is part of the culture/dialogues on this forum. You can make of it what you will.

It is not harassment because the opinions, observations and questions you are evading or ignoring do not require you to do anything you don't want to do and they do not infringe upon your privacy. So it is not harassment at all.

Try your definition out on the mods. If I am deemed to be harassing you, I have no doubt the posts in question will be removed, just like when you were stalking Suzianne on the Debates Forum the other day and spat out a series of visceral personal and sexualized insults.

Those posts were removed by the mods. If you want any of my posts removed, ask the mods to do it.

S. Korea

Moves
22 May 19

FMF, he has pointed out something very relevant: you avoid the poignant questions of a top Christian poster here, and now it is clear that you are also avoiding my questions and desire for a deeper dialog on the topic.

Sadly, this is part of the public discourse.

For someone that dedicates a lot of time to this forum, you think that more of it would be about tackling important questions and not avoiding them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 May 19

@philokalia said
FMF, he has pointed out something very relevant: you avoid the poignant questions of a top Christian poster here, and now it is clear that you are also avoiding my questions and desire for a deeper dialog on the topic.
1) on what basis do you define a “top Christian poster” as being such?

2) you dodge my questions like Neo dodges bullets

F

Moves
22 May 19

@philokalia said
For someone that dedicates a lot of time to this forum, you think that more of it would be about tackling important questions and not avoiding them.
I don't avoid what I see as the important questions.

F

Moves
22 May 19

@philokalia said
I can't recall you engaging in "deeper dialogue" on any topic that interests me. Regurgitation of doctrine, copy-pastes of material, and constant assertions backed only by appeals to authority don't make you "deep".

F

Moves
22 May 19

@philokalia said
you avoid the poignant questions of a top Christian poster here
Whose questions? What questions?