1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    16 Feb '09 15:04
    Hypothetical scenario.

    If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to live a good life, by doing God's bidding as faithfully as my human weakness would allow, praying 5-6 times a day and doing charitable or community works and so on and so forth, in accordance with the Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
  2. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    16 Feb '09 15:101 edit
    he who does gods/jesus work will enter the eternal light.
    But for the rest of us its only thro his grace and forgiveness of our sins will we enter.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Feb '09 15:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hypothetical scenario.

    If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to liv ...[text shortened]... Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
    Heah ven
    Imin Heaven


    andmy heartbeats sothat Ican hardlyspeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak
    😵
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86298
    16 Feb '09 15:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hypothetical scenario.

    If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to liv ...[text shortened]... Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
    Ask the Muslims it would be more appropriate for you.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    16 Feb '09 15:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ask the Muslims it would be more appropriate for you.
    Oh. Aren't there any Muslims here? I wonder why.

    So you yourself don't want to answer?
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Feb '09 15:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh. Aren't there any Muslims here? I wonder why.

    So you yourself don't want to answer?
    And I seem to find the happiness I seek
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 Feb '09 15:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh. Aren't there any Muslims here? I wonder why.

    So you yourself don't want to answer?
    are you referring to Muslim heaven or otherwise, for lets be quite clear, the concept as envisioned in the Koran are Arabic to say the least.
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    16 Feb '09 15:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you referring to Muslim heaven or otherwise, for lets be quite clear, the concept as envisioned in the Koran are Arabic to say the least.
    Are you saying there are two different heavens, and yet only one God?
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Feb '09 15:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you referring to Muslim heaven or otherwise, for lets be quite clear, the concept as envisioned in the Koran are Arabic to say the least.
    Hmmm what's goin on wi ye theists ye lang leggedy beastie my trustee feer Rabbie?

    Have you sorted out Haeven in partitions, the Muslims this way and the Christians that way? And the miserable atheists? Where shall we miserable atheists will end, erh?
    😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Feb '09 15:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you saying there are two different heavens, and yet only one God?
    When wereout togetherdancing cheektocheek😵
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 Feb '09 15:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you saying there are two different heavens, and yet only one God?
    you are quite aware of what i am saying, the Muslim concept of heaven, as envisioned in the Koran is an Arabic vision, perhaps we could elucidate on what awaits you there?
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    16 Feb '09 15:40
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hmmm what's goin on wi ye theists ye lang leggedy beastie my trustee feer Rabbie?

    Have you sorted out Haeven in partitions, the Muslims this way and the Christians that way? And the miserable atheists? Where shall we miserable atheists will end, erh?
    😵
    in fact beetle Islam does speak of degrees of heaven, to be sure!
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Feb '09 15:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    in fact beetle Islam does speak of degrees of heaven, to be sure!
    I don't understand! What are the "degrees of heaven"?
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14509
    16 Feb '09 15:49
    Is it a concept like First class and Business class?
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    16 Feb '09 15:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    in fact beetle Islam does speak of degrees of heaven, to be sure!
    I have no idea what heaven is actually going to be like. I am aware of the Muslim literature and I am aware of Christian literature. No one knows what it's going to be like. But we can agree that it is there, no? So my question is: will I still be able to get to the heaven I was heading for when I was a Catholic if I convert to Islam and continue to serve God as decreed?
Back to Top