Converting to Islam

Converting to Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Feb 09

Hypothetical scenario.

If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to live a good life, by doing God's bidding as faithfully as my human weakness would allow, praying 5-6 times a day and doing charitable or community works and so on and so forth, in accordance with the Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?

s

England

Moves
16 Feb 09
1 edit

he who does gods/jesus work will enter the eternal light.
But for the rest of us its only thro his grace and forgiveness of our sins will we enter.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Hypothetical scenario.

If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to liv ...[text shortened]... Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
Heah ven
Imin Heaven

andmy heartbeats sothat Ican hardlyspeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak
😵

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Hypothetical scenario.

If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to liv ...[text shortened]... Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
Ask the Muslims it would be more appropriate for you.

F

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Ask the Muslims it would be more appropriate for you.
Oh. Aren't there any Muslims here? I wonder why.

So you yourself don't want to answer?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF

And I seem to find the happiness I seek

rc

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF

are you referring to Muslim heaven or otherwise, for lets be quite clear, the concept as envisioned in the Koran are Arabic to say the least.

F

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
are you referring to Muslim heaven or otherwise, for lets be quite clear, the concept as envisioned in the Koran are Arabic to say the least.
Are you saying there are two different heavens, and yet only one God?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Feb 09

Hmmm what's goin on wi ye theists ye lang leggedy beastie my trustee feer Rabbie?

Have you sorted out Haeven in partitions, the Muslims this way and the Christians that way? And the miserable atheists? Where shall we miserable atheists will end, erh?
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
When wereout togetherdancing cheektocheek😵

rc

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
you are quite aware of what i am saying, the Muslim concept of heaven, as envisioned in the Koran is an Arabic vision, perhaps we could elucidate on what awaits you there?

rc

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by black beetle
Hmmm what's goin on wi ye theists ye lang leggedy beastie my trustee feer Rabbie?

Have you sorted out Haeven in partitions, the Muslims this way and the Christians that way? And the miserable atheists? Where shall we miserable atheists will end, erh?
😵
in fact beetle Islam does speak of degrees of heaven, to be sure!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Feb 09

I don't understand! What are the "degrees of heaven"?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Feb 09

Is it a concept like First class and Business class?

F

Moves
16 Feb 09

I have no idea what heaven is actually going to be like. I am aware of the Muslim literature and I am aware of Christian literature. No one knows what it's going to be like. But we can agree that it is there, no? So my question is: will I still be able to get to the heaven I was heading for when I was a Catholic if I convert to Islam and continue to serve God as decreed?