Converting to Islam

Converting to Islam

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by black beetle
And what is your denomination?
😵
I belong to no denomination. Denominations bicker with each other. I am but a simple Christian who belongs to the Church of Christ. We lead our lives based on the New Testament. The Old Testament is relavent to our worship and Bible study, but when Jesus died on the cross, the 'curtain' was ripped away, thus ushering a new era-that of faith and belief in Jesus Christ and trying to live a life as close to Jesus' a much as humanly possible. I stumble every day, but as long as I pick myself back up, continue to emulate Jesus, tand ask for forgiveness, then my sins are forgiven, and I walk in peace and understanding with the Holy Spirit.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
More evidence of Gods rather unloving nature. He does not open peoples hearts unless asked to do so. Clearly you think it is the loving thing to do, but God does not - he only does it as a favor to you. One wonders though why granting you favors is important to him.
God created us with the ability to choose. he doesn't want automatons. God could have made us instantly obedient, but He wanted us to choose Him. That is why God knocks at your heart, but He will not force you to open up to Him.

F

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
That's OK, brother. I'll take a 'drubbing' in order to speak to anyone about Jesus. Here, I will turn my other cheek for SwissGambit to smack around.
Non, no. You're missing the point.

The critique of what you peddle, contained in his "bizarro" posts, is very acute and germane. You really should either rebut it or accept it.

It's not really your cheek that's getting hit, and it's not really SwissGambit who is smacking you around. The questions he is raising with his "bizarro" definitions, are utterly pertinent to the way you are describing the nature of the faith you advocate. It's logic is being smacked around by the perspective being highlighted. Defend it! You have no choice!

F

Moves
19 Feb 09

God created us with the ability to choose. he doesn't want automatons. God could have made us instantly obedient, but He wanted us to choose Him. That is why God knocks at your heart, but He will not force you to open up to Him.
And this is the evidently flawed personality of the Being who created all heaven and earth??

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Non, no. You're missing the point.

The critique of what you peddle, contained in his "bizarro" posts, is very acute and germane. You really should either rebut it or accept it.

It's not really your cheek that's getting hit, and it's not really SwissGambit who is smacking you around. The questions he is raising with his "bizarro" definitions, are utterly p ...[text shortened]... ing smacked around by the perspective being highlighted. Defend it! You have no choice!
I choose God. Just as Jesus didn't haggle with the moneychangers, I choose not to argue with Mr. Bizarro. I can only speak what I believe to be Biblical truth. I cannot force any of you to change, but I can say that you have been warned. Try to 'bizarro' that!

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
And this is the evidently flawed personality of the Being who created all heaven and earth??
You cannot know the personality of God. You and I are flawed. God is perfect.

F

Moves
19 Feb 09

God is perfect.
So is Marliyn Manson to those who love him and believe in what he does.

F

Moves
19 Feb 09

I choose God. Just as Jesus didn't haggle with the moneychangers, I choose not to argue with Mr. Bizarro. I can only speak what I believe to be Biblical truth. I cannot force any of you to change, but I can say that you have been warned. Try to 'bizarro' that!
Non answer. Generic, evasive, one size fits all answer, in fact.

The 'critique' of God's "gift" and God's "love" on the table is simple but devastating. "I choose not to argue with Mr. Bizarro". Is that it?

Wouldn't God have chosen a "messenger" with more spunk than you?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
Non answer. Generic, evasive, one size fits all answer, in fact.

The 'critique' of God's "gift" and God's "love" on the table is simple but devastating. "I choose not to argue with Mr. Bizarro". Is that it?

Wouldn't God have chosen a "messenger" with more spunk than you?
LOL...I have to admit...you guys never quit...yeah, I reckon I am a poor messenger for Christ. It's too bad that I cannot show you in person how to emulate jesus. You might like it. 🙂

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by FMF
So is Marliyn Manson to those who love him and believe in what he does.
I guess you got me there....Jackson Pollack [sic?] really created some 'perfect' masterpieces by simply sloshing a paint brush that lots of people loved...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Feb 09

You were eager enough to argue until you realized you had no answer to the arguments presented.

Funny how the same guy who insisted "[hell] is not a threat!" is now telling us all that we've been warned.

How can you hope to spread any truth from other sources if you cannot even speak without contradicting yourself?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
You were eager enough to argue until you realized you had no answer to the arguments presented.

Funny how the same guy who insisted "[hell] is not a threat!" is now telling us all that we've been warned.

How can you hope to spread any truth from other sources if you cannot even speak without contradicting yourself?
I guess I'm a contradictory contradiction. There are no answers to the questions you posed because you frame them in a way that no matter what I say, you can contradict to fit your agenda. You are the type of person who cannot be satisfied with any answer involving God. I will therefore cease to cst pearls among swine. (not that you are a pig). You have allowed Satan to blind you to simple reasoning; hopefully, you will give careful consideration to this deadly flaw, because it will prevent you from connecting with God. I will pray for you. Peace.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Feb 09

I guess I'm a contradictory contradiction. There are no answers to the questions you posed because you frame them in a way that no matter what I say, you can contradict to fit your agenda. You are the type of person who cannot be satisfied with any answer involving God. I will therefore cease to cst pearls among swine. (not that you are a pig). You hav ...[text shortened]... eadly flaw, because it will prevent you from connecting with God. I will pray for you. Peace.
Sorry, friend, but it is not that I am blind to reason. On the contrary, it is you who have checked your reason at the church door, and armed yourself only with the catch-phrases and cliches learned in church.

I'd advise you to reflect on your beliefs on your own, and not just believe everything that other people tell you.

I used to be in your position. Everyone around me was a Christian, and I simply went along with the crowd. If your path ends up as mind did, there will come a time when simply following what others say will not be enough. At that point you will be forced to examine your beliefs critically. Perhaps you will remain a Christian; I cannot say. But either way, you will be stronger for it.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Feb 09

I belong to no denomination. Denominations bicker with each other. I am but a simple Christian who belongs to the Church of Christ. We lead our lives based on the New Testament. The Old Testament is relavent to our worship and Bible study, but when Jesus died on the cross, the 'curtain' was ripped away, thus ushering a new era-that of faith and belief ...[text shortened]... eness, then my sins are forgiven, and I walk in peace and understanding with the Holy Spirit.
I know you are a Christian. But we have many Christians and all of them they claim that "...they belong to the Church of Christ".

For example we have Catholics, which are Christians allright, along with Simonians of Acts 8, Cerintheians, Judaizers, Circumcisers of Acts 15:1, Nicolaitans of Rev.2:6, The “Synagogue of Satan” of Rev.2:9, The “Throne of Satan” of Rev. 2:13, The “doctrine of Balaam” of Rev.2:14, Nazareans or “Jewish-Christians”, Docetism, Gnosticism, Neo-Gnosticism, Agnosticism, Marcionites, Ebionites, Montanism, Monarchians, Tritheism, Modalism, Basidilians, Carpocratians, Tertullianists, Origenists, Manicheans, Millenarians, Novatians Donatists, Arians, Macedonians, Appollinarists, Jovinians, Vigilantians, Pelagians, Semipelagians, Nestorians, Predestinarians, Monophysites Paulicians, Monothelites Iconoclasts, Adoptionists, Orthodox-Roman Catholic, Petrobrosians, Henricians, Waldenses, Albiguenses, Fraticelli, Flagellants, Lollards of John Wycliffe, Hussites, Moravians, “Church of the Brotherhood”, United Brethren, Protestants, Lutherans, Zwinglians, Church of England, Calvinism, Anabaptists, Episcopalians, Mennonites, Presbyterians, Puritans, Congregationalism, Huguenots, Reformed Dutch, Unitarians, Socinians, Baptists, Rosicrucians, Episcopalians, Quakers or Society of Friends, Universalists, Jansenists, Freemasonry, Shakers-Union Society, Methodists-“Holy Club”, Moravians-Church of the Brotherhood-United Brethren, Unitarians, Universalism, Unitarian-Universalist Association, Mormons, Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Spiritualistic Churches, Salvation Army, Ku-Klux-Klan, Christian Science Church, Old Catholics, Modernists, Reformed Churches, Holiness Churches, Church of God, Church of Christ, Church of God in Christ, Pentecostal Movement, Charismatic Renewal, Snake Handlers, Worldwide Church of God, United Christian Evangelistic Association, Moonies-the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, National Association of Evangelicals, Wicca, Church of Satan, Church of Scientology, Way International, Church universal and Triumphal, United Unitarian Universalist Association, Fraternity of St. Pius X, Palmar de Troya, Churches for Homosexuals, Children of God, New Age, Peoples Temple of Jim Jones and Branch Davidians WACO amongst else.

All the above are Christians, therefore it seems to me that you could be more specific; for a Methodist, for example, has different beliefs than an Orthodox or a Catholic.

Well?
😵

d

Break-twitching

Moves
19 Feb 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit

Not true. I had no answers that satisfied your hardened heart and anti-God conscience. Please soften up a bit before it is too late.