1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 15:57
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Is it a concept like First class and Business class?
    yeh, i think so, depends on who one asks, naturally.

Qur'an 39:20 But those who keep their duty to their Lord, for them are high places, above them higher places, built for them, wherein rivers flow. It is the promise of Allah. Allah fails not in His promise.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have no idea what heaven is actually going to be like. I am aware of the Muslim literature and I am aware of Christian literature. No one knows what it's going to be like. But we can agree that it is there, no? So my question is: will I still be able to get to the heaven I was heading for when I was a Catholic if I convert to Islam and continue to serve God as decreed?
    And why you want to go "there" since you know not what heaven is actually going to be like?
    😵
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeh, i think so, depends on who one asks, naturally.

Qur'an 39:20 But those who keep their duty to their Lord, for them are high places, above them higher places, built for them, wherein rivers flow. It is the promise of Allah. Allah fails not in His promise.
    Hm.

And I have to take this doctrine seriously?

😵
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:03
    Originally posted by black beetle
    And why you want to go "there" since you know not what heaven is actually going to be like?
    Mmm. Something tells me you didn't have a Catholic upbringing, did you?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hypothetical scenario.

If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to liv ...[text shortened]... Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
    Well it depends on whom you ask. Unfortunatly, only one can answer this who is God because it is he alone who decides.

As for the Chritian view, only through Christ can one be saved. Now as for those who have not heard, or those who have been deceived of his identity and purpose only God can answer. Having said that, I am 100% sure of is that we all will have some suprises in store.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Mmm. Something tells me you didn't have a Catholic upbringing, did you?
    This awful black beetle is just a miserable atheist😵

Last time I was at Medan the mosquitos were big like Spitfires. And last time I was at Surabaya the best place was "Studio East".
    Well?
    😵
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have no idea what heaven is actually going to be like. I am aware of the Muslim literature and I am aware of Christian literature. No one knows what it's going to be like. But we can agree that it is there, no? So my question is: will I still be able to get to the heaven I was heading for when I was a Catholic if I convert to Islam and continue to serve God as decreed?
    what is this? you have read the Koranic verses and you still don't know what it will be like? i find this quite hard to believe, for to be sure its very specific as regards the sensual pleasure that awaits the faithful adherent. Perhaps we could discuss some of these, you know, so that you get the picture of what awaits you, kind of like a holiday brochure to a resort? then you will be better disposed to see if you would rather hang out in a four star harem or a five star one complete with all the trimmings!
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is this? you have read the Koranic verses and you still don't know what it will be like? i find this quite hard to believe, for to be sure its very specific as regards the sensual pleasure that awaits the faithful adherent. Perhaps we could discuss some of these, you know, so that you get the picture of what awaits you, kind of like a holiday ...[text shortened]... would rather hang out in a four star harem or a five star one complete with all the trimmings!
    Don't be a silly. None of us knows what it will be like. Christians have their literature. Muslims have their literature. Besides, it's not necessary for us to know exactly what it's going to be like for you to answer my question.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 16:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't be a silly. None of us knows what it will be like. Christians have their literature. Muslims have their literature. Besides, it's not necessary for us to know exactly what it's going to be like for you to answer my question.
    Oh for the time being I 'ld rather stick on my tree😵
  10. Break-twitching
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 19:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hypothetical scenario.

If I were a Catholic who had, thus far led a good life, and done all the things I was supposed to do, outwardly as well as in my heart. And here I was, at the midpoint of my adult life, converting to Islam (not superficially but after study and instruction) so that I could marry the love of my life, a Muslim woman. If I continued to liv ...[text shortened]... Muslim tradition... at the end of my life, would I still have a good chance of going to heaven?
    Not according to the Holy Bible. You will, in fact, have rejected Jesus, the only begotten Son of God who offers eternal life through him, and only through Him. You will have chosen a man-made religion conceived by a mortal human who was a sinner and supposed prophet. Muhammad supposedly was the last prophet of God, but as Jesus delivered all the news and instructions that man will ever need to enter into the Kingdom of God, there was, and is, no need for anything Muhommad did or said. Jesus was without sin, and He preached to love thy enemy and turning the other cheek when struck by those who mean harm; Muhammad married a nine year-old, spread his faith by sword, and sinned just as any man during his time. Will you go to Heaven? That is not for me to say, but unless one accepts Jesus as their savior, they shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Works without faith in Jesus WILL NOT get you into Heaven. Before you crucify me for my statement, consider that I am only the messenger. God cannot lie, therefore the Bible is true. Repent now!!!
  11. Break-twitching
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 19:36
    Originally posted by stoker
    he who does gods/jesus work will enter the eternal light.
    But for the rest of us its only thro his grace and forgiveness of our sins will we enter.
    Contradictory statements. Works without faith is not enough to please God. One must work daily at living a Christ-like existence, sincerely asking for forgiveness when knowingly commiting sin, and believing in Jesus Christ. Jesus knows that we are weak and will sin for the rest of our lives (Jesus was the only sinless being that ever walked the earth), but as long as we strive to be like Jesus and believe that He is our saviour, then we are saved.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 20:00
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Not according to the Holy Bible. You will, in fact, have rejected Jesus, the only begotten Son of God who offers eternal life through him, and only through Him. You will have chosen a man-made religion conceived by a mortal human who was a sinner and supposed prophet. Muhammad supposedly was the last prophet of God, but as Jesus delivered all the news a ...[text shortened]... sider that I am only the messenger. God cannot lie, therefore the Bible is true. Repent now!!!
    And me? Shall this miserable atheist has any chance to go to heaven????
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 00:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh. Aren't there any Muslims here? I wonder why.

So you yourself don't want to answer?
    I'm sure there are Muslims here. It was a straightforward point I was making and not meant to sound obtuse, if it did - sorry. Let me explain what i was trying to get across:

1) Is your adventurer asking the way of salvation, yes or no?
    2) Is he asking for christian based guidance yes or no?

If 1 = yes then go to 2
    If 2 = yes then go to Bible explaination of salvation (through Jesus as that is the only name by which mankind can be saved. Acts 4:12)
    If 2 = no, then go to Muslims for explaination
    If the christian response to 2) is not to your liking then refer back to: if 2 = no

I was just trying to save time
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    You will have chosen a man-made religion
    Surely, by definition, all religions are 'man-made'?

Jesus was born, lived and died a Jew. It was his followers who set up 'Christianity', surely. Jesus uttered not one word urging them to do that.

Anyway, thank you for your answer, which I would be so bold as to paraphrase as "no".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 02:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    1) Is your adventurer asking the way of salvation, yes or no?
    2) Is he asking for christian based guidance yes or no?
    I am asking you.

Will the ex-Catholic in the OP still have a chance of going to heaven if he continues to try and do God's bidding as best as he can. What do you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree