1. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:05
    Originally posted by black beetle
    And me? Shall this miserable atheist has any chance to go to heaven????
    I cannot say, but according to the scriptures, if you do not believe in Jesus, no, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:13
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    I cannot say, but according to the scriptures, if you do not believe in Jesus, no, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
    :'(
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely, by definition, all religions are 'man-made'?

Jesus was born, lived and died a Jew. It was his followers who set up 'Christianity', surely. Jesus uttered not one word urging them to do that.

Anyway, thank you for your answer, which I would be so bold as to paraphrase as "no".
    You're welcome. You're right in that Jesus did die; however, He was entombed, and He rose on the third day establishing the tenant of Christianity-that death is defeated through the risen Christ and belief in Christ is necessary to enter into the Kingdom of God.
  4. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:22
    Originally posted by black beetle
    :'(
    Yeah, it truly is sad....when anyone refuses the simple gift of everlasting life.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:33
    Yeah, it truly is sad....when anyone refuses the simple gift of everlasting life.
    :'(:'(
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:391 edit
    bizarro-gift n.:
    1. An item that is offered with a threat of force if it is refused [or even accepted with an ungracious attitude].
  7. Break-twitching
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    [b]bizarro-gift n.:
    1. An item that is offered with a threat of force if it is refused [or even accepted with an ungracious attitude].[/b]
    You are misguided. There is no threat, only a result. God doesn't force us to do anything we do not want to do. Our refusal to accept the gift of life is the only logical alternative: death.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 06:46
    Jesus did die; however, He was entombed, and He rose on the third day establishing the tenant of Christianity-that death is defeated through the risen Christ and belief in Christ is necessary to enter into the Kingdom of God.
    But there at least 1,000,000,000 of God's children that don't accept this convoluted - and seemingly unnecessary - story. Has God forsaken them all deliberately by apparently revealling an incorrect version of himself to them? What makes the Jesus tale true and the Mohammed tale untrue? And why do my ex-Catholic theist fall between the cracks? Isn't heaven a reward for serving God well and faithfully, regardless of the culturally specific, man-made pomp and ceremony, and social control mechinisms that he subscribed to while alive?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 06:48
    You are misguided. There is no threat, only a result. God doesn't force us to do anything we do not want to do. Our refusal to accept the gift of life is the only logical alternative: death.
    Burning for eternity in the furnaces of hell, sounds just an intsy wintsy bit like a 'threat' to me! And you are predicting this fate for the billions of God's children who do not share your superstition?
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 06:55
    Tell me more about this 'death'. What do you think happens to those who refuse to accept the 'gift'?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 09:58
    I am yet to find anyone who can explain to me why any sane individual would knowingly refuse such a gift. So surely we can all use the insanity defense? Or perhaps simply the defense from ignorance ie I am simply not aware that any such gift has been offered to me.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 10:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am yet to find anyone who can explain to me why any sane individual would knowingly refuse such a gift. So surely we can all use the insanity defense? Or perhaps simply the defense from ignorance ie I am simply not aware that any such gift has been offered to me.
    Brain is an apparatus with which a preacher thinks he thinks
    😵
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 00:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    But there at least 1,000,000,000 of God's children that don't accept this convoluted - and seemingly unnecessary - story. Has God forsaken them all deliberately by apparently revealling an incorrect version of himself to them? What makes the Jesus tale true and the Mohammed tale untrue? And why do my ex-Catholic theist fall between the cracks? Isn't heave ...[text shortened]... man-made pomp and ceremony, and social control mechinisms that he subscribed to while alive?
    No, No, and No to all of your questions. You must understand this: Getting into Heaven is the easiest thing to do; however, getting there is the hardest because man refuses to believe. Narrow is the road to heaven, and few are those who find it. Wide is the road to eternal damnnation, and many search diligently and find it (not the exact words from the Bible, but close enough). God ha forsaken no one. Man has forsaken God. The fact that Jesus died and rose from the dead, thus conqouring death (oh, death, where art thy sting?), and the fact that rose into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God. Mohammad was a man just as you and I are and was full of sin. Jesus was sinless. Mohammad died and didn't rise from ther dead. Islam, while espousing vituous tidings, is NOT the word of God. If it were the word of God, then the Bible would be a lie, but it is the TRUTH, therefore Islam cannot be true. I know some of you will call me a blasphemer; so be it.
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 01:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Burning for eternity in the furnaces of hell, sounds just an intsy wintsy bit like a 'threat' to me! And you are predicting this fate for the billions of God's children who do not share your superstition?
    Uh...yeah, I'm afraid so. Remember, I am only a messenger. It is God who states that many will perish in the flames of Hell. You, who believes this to be a superstition, are in mortal danger of hellfire by mocking God. I urge you to read and learn....
  15. Break-twitching
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 01:03
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Tell me more about this 'death'. What do you think happens to those who refuse to accept the 'gift'?
    It will be an eternal death, rife with damnnation, wailing and gnashing of teeth, sorrow, darkness, separation from God for eternity, hellfire, one will see much suffering...read the Bible for a clearer description. My description is general. Remember, this is not my saying...it is from God, the creator of you and me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree