"Correct" Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 21

@medullah said
This is very true. Too many variations of Christianity claim to have "the truth", but I don't think that God would give anyone the monopoly on truth.

As long as you fear (respect) God and keep his commandments, then you are fulfilling the obligation of man. Eccl 12:13
How many versions of the truth are out there? Isn't truth exclusive? We can debate opinions, but the truth is absolute.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Nov 21

@medullah said
What's the matter with you his evening Son?

You know full well that i didn't say that.

Come and be constructive, we don't always need to be at odds.
You said.
As long as you fear (respect) God and keep his commandments, then you are fulfilling the obligation of man. Eccl 12:13

So I thought you were suggesting that "the end of the matter was respect God and keep his commandments" like the verse says.

It really wasn't a combative question.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
16 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
How many versions of the truth are out there? Isn't truth exclusive? We can debate opinions, but the truth is absolute.
I agree with you.

But the knowledge of the truth isn't exclusive. Everyone has the chance to open their eyes and think.

Fair point KJ

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
16 Nov 21

@sonship said
You said.

So I thought you were suggesting that "the end of the matter was respect God and keep his commandments" like the verse says.

It really wasn't a combative question.
Then I misunderstood the response (it's been a very long day )

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Nov 21
1 edit

@medullah

Take some time off. I occasionally do.

I take back some criticism of mine of some of your comments which reveal to me some looking into history of Christianity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 21

@medullah said
I agree with you.

But the knowledge of the truth isn't exclusive. Everyone has the chance to open their eyes and think.

Fair point KJ
I believe truth is out there for all to see, but the truth is what it is, and it doesn't always fit into our likes and dislikes.

Moves
16 Nov 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@medullah
I take back some criticism of mine of some of your comments which reveal to me some looking into history of Christianity.
Which comments of medulla and which criticisms do you take back? Do you apologise to Medulla for these criticisms?

You will mostly likely ignore this comment by me finding it irritating.
The reason you may find it irritating is that it possibly speaks to the non-specificity and insincerity of your comment to him.

Moves
16 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
I believe truth is out there for all to see, but the truth is what it is, and it doesn't always fit into our likes and dislikes.
The truth is out where exactly?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 21

@divegeester said
The truth is out where exactly?
We can go to Jesus, who is the Truth, but we don't even have to go that far. Truth is the reality we live in, so some things are true and things that are not. I can say Bob weighs more than Jim on this date, 11-1-2020 they both get on the same accurate scale, and Bob is 220 and Jim is 212. So what I said was true, even if they weigh again on 11-1-2021 and now Jim is 230 and Bob is 219, that doesn't change the fact at the moment in question was true, and it always will be on that date. The truth would not be my opinion; even if I believed what was true about their weight, that is just me believing in the truth of their weight; those are two separate things: my belief and its reality.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
We can go to Jesus, who is the Truth, but we don't even have to go that far. Truth is the reality we live in, so some things are true and things that are not. I can say Bob weighs more than Jim on this date, 11-1-2020 they both get on the same accurate scale, and Bob is 220 and Jim is 212. So what I said was true, even if they weigh again on 11-1-2021 and now Jim is 230 and ...[text shortened]... me believing in the truth of their weight; those are two separate things: my belief and its reality.
Wrong. You started off right .. what Jesus says is the truth, not what you say. You or Paul or anyone else can say what you like about how much Bob weighs. If Jesus says Bob weighs less than Jim then what you say is like the wind blowing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Wrong. You started off right .. what Jesus says is the truth, not what you say. You or Paul or anyone else can say what you like about how much Bob weighs. If Jesus says Bob weighs less than Jim then what you say is like the wind blowing.
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

You didn't understand what I wrote, again.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 21

@kellyjay said
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

You didn't understand what I wrote, again.
You did not understand what you wrote ... again.

You say that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and yet your doctrine is not in line with what Jesus preached. In our discussions of the The Gospel of Christ, you kept quoting the gospel of your church and the gospel of Paul, and scarcely did you quote what Jesus said was the Gospel.

So your mouth is with Christ but not your heart.

Truth of the Gospel is the teachings and commandments of Christ, nobody else.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 21

@rajk999 said
You did not understand what you wrote ... again.

You say that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and yet your doctrine is not in line with what Jesus preached. In our discussions of the The Gospel of Christ, you kept quoting the gospel of your church and the gospel of Paul, and scarcely did you quote what Jesus said was the Gospel.

So your mouth is with Christ but not your heart.

Truth of the Gospel is the teachings and commandments of Christ, nobody else.
Jesus said it; I merely quoted Him. You say trust what He says, then get upset when someone quotes Him; why is that? He said He is the Truth, He is called the Word of God, He is the embodiment of Truth as the living Word of God, the very image of God. We get our insight into who He is through scripture written about Him and by what He did and said in a way we could grasp because He became one of us.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Nov 21
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Jesus said it; I merely quoted Him. You say trust what He says, then get upset when someone quotes Him; why is that? He said He is the Truth, He is called the Word of God, He is the embodiment of Truth as the living Word of God, the very image of God. We get our insight into who He is through scripture written about Him and by what He did and said in a way we could grasp because He became one of us.
Where in my reply to you did you get the impression that I am upset or is that just another of your diversions designed to excape dealing with the point I made. I made a point and you pretend not to see it because you cannot deal with the fact that Jesus preached one Gospel, and your church preaches another.

So on one hand you claim Jesus is the truth, yet you promote a gospel not preached by Jesus, and that is hypocrisy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Nov 21

@rajk999 said
Where in my reply to you did you get the impression that I am upset or is that just another of your diversions designed to excape dealing with the point I made. I made a point and you pretend not to see it because you cannot deal with the fact that Jesus preached one Gospel, and your church preaches another.

So on one hand you claim Jesus is the truth, yet you promote a gospel not preached by Jesus, and that is hypocrisy.
You can look at what I said and point to the error; what you think my church says is meaningless because you have no clue, your prejudice is speaking.