Countdown / countup to the Day of the Lord

Countdown / countup to the Day of the Lord

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Dec 18

@secondson said
Inflammatory, accusatory, character assassinating, ad hominem, siege mentality and insulting. You used "religionists" like a bludgeon.
I think "religionist" is the right word. I also think the opinion that the beliefs of Edward Palamar and the other people listed are "far-fetched and superstitious" is simply a dissenting perspective. If you claim to feel inflamed, accused, assassinated and insulted, then that is a matter for you. I think my candid analysis is legitimate.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 18

@suzianne said
I posted this way back on page 4:

Originally posted by @edward-palamar
[b]It isn't my prediction, but had you read the material at hand you would have known that.

This topic isn't about you and what you think of it.

You can't hasten nor quicken its coming, neither can you slow it down, nor stop it.

Thankfully, your days of insulting pe ...[text shortened]... uess was wrong.

Glad you finally caught up to the rest of the class.
I’m flattered that you feel I’m a subject worthy of being proven to be less than yourself.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 18

@secondson said
You've just invented a new swear word. "Religionists".
The word has been used in this forum for years Joseph.

Moves
28 Dec 18
1 edit

@fmf said
I think "religionist" is the right word. I also think the opinion that the beliefs of Edward Palamar and the other people listed are "far-fetched and superstitious" is simply a dissenting perspective. If you claim to feel inflamed, accused, assassinated and insulted, then that is a matter for you. I think my candid analysis is legitimate.
"I think "religionist" is the right word."

I agree.

Some of those you've listed would probably have no similar issue with the word "abortionist".

Although I suspect that their preference is to gore someone else's ox.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 18

When does all this Davidesque apocalypse start then, tonight? Tomorrow?

Hands up if you are still here....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 18

@edward-palamar said
The countdown is nearing completion.
But of that day you reference of Him not knowing, it has already come.
Yes, yes...

Are you coming back to this forum Edward?

I think not somehow.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 18

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 18

Jeremiah 23:16
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 18

Well Edward Palamar was still playing chess 11 hours ago so presumably he is still with us.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Dec 18

@divegeester said
Well Edward Palamar was still playing chess 11 hours ago so presumably he is still with us.
Well, as today is the last day of our mortal existence (okay, Ed has been a little non-committal on that) I decided to have an extra piece of toast this morning and have delayed paying the gas bill.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Dec 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Well, as today is the last day of our mortal existence (okay, Ed has been a little non-committal on that) I decided to have an extra piece of toast this morning and have delayed paying the gas bill.
I’ve decided to go full last day before apocalypse and I’m having champagne, ice cream and bacon-burgers in bed while streaming Tom & Jerry.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Dec 18

@divegeester said
I’ve decided to go full last day before apocalypse and I’m having champagne, ice cream and bacon-burgers in bed while streaming Tom & Jerry.
A splendid way to go out.

Note for Ed. Have you abandoned your countdown?!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Dec 18

Edward?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Dec 18

@divegeester said
Edward?
Persistent. I'll give you that.

Palamar is gone, never to return. My prediction.

The world isn't coming to an end, at least not the way or when Palamar envisions it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 18

@divegeester said
I applaud this. Five good choices there.