1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 22:51
    The practical local church must be therefore a place where the co-workers are planting and growing Christ within men and women.

The normal church life must be a FARM of the cultivation and growing of the life of this Person Christ within her constituents.

Right here in First Corinthians -

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth.

So then neither is he who plants anything nor he who waters, but God who causes the growth.

Now he who plants and he who waters are one, but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor,

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's cultivated land [or farm] God's building." (First Cor. 3:6-9)

If we want Christ to hasten His return, we have to GROW.
    We have to let Him grow in us.
    And we have to plant and water this divine life seed in others that He grow in them also.

Do we play enough attention to this? Or are most of the Christians wanting Jesus to return pre-occupied with outward signs concerning temples and things of that nature?

What about the living temple of the new covenant community? What about Christ growing that a Harvest may soon be reaped by Him?
  2. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 02:08
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Is that what you told jaywill?

Then you're just as imbecilic today as you were months ago if not years.
    This evening's countdown to 90 days (and this is a quote from the 90th post in this thread) remaining will bring us closer to the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D.

It will also bring us closer to "2017 XQ60", the foretold eight day warning sign due on December 21, 2018 A.D.

Cross talk / banter is not welcome.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 07:39
    Originally posted by @edward-palamar
    This evening's countdown to 90 days (and this is a quote from the 90th post in this thread) remaining will bring us closer to the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, Holy Family Saturday, December 29, 2018 A.D.

It will also bring us closer to "2017 XQ60", the foretold eight day warning sign due on December 21, 2018 A.D.

Banter may not be welcome by you, but silly predictions are not welcome by me.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 09:56

f*** off
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 10:391 edit

I haven’t read much of this thread, but every time I dip in I see you spouting this crap. You’re a returning user and a flame/troll sonny; I’m not even interested in taking on your waffly made-up bollox.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 11:16
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I haven’t read much of this thread, but every time I dip in I see you spouting this crap. You’re a returning user and a flame/troll sonny; I’m not even interested in taking on your waffly made-up bollox.
    if I had a pound for every end of the world prediction I have lived through I would have £3.50
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 12:23
    Originally posted by @badradger
    if I had a pound for every end of the world prediction I have lived through I would have £3.50
    lol

That might buy you a medium cappuccino. (An estimate, not a prediction).
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:43
    He's an atheist trying to make Christians seem like pretentious clowns, I reckon. Are you the only Christian who's standing up to him? Seems like that.
  9. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 03:04
    Originally posted by @secondson
    What angel was sent ahead of Jesus' first advent? Are you talking about Gabriel?

This second half of your sentence does not logically follow the first. First, Jesus is Lord and doesn't require entitlement. Second, Jesus' return isn't the fulfillment of "so that where I am, so also you may be."

John 14:3
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I wi ...[text shortened]... This is a bit peculiar. What kingship? And what is the scripture reference in Daniel about that?
    This evening's update will bring us to 89 days remaining in the countdown according to the Book of Daniel, and this is a quote from the 89th post in this thread.

Those questions are answered in the material at hand.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 06:02
    Originally posted by @fmf
    He's an atheist trying to make Christians seem like pretentious clowns, I reckon. Are you the only Christian who's standing up to him? Seems like that.
    Try reading the whole thread, genius.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 07:07
    Bedtime, pal.

Time to catch the express train to Sleepytown. Choo, Choo, Choo.

Get in your jammies, brush your chompers and I’ll read you another chapter from the Encyclopedia of Ale.

And Bronwen will be in to kiss you goodnight, but she said only a peck and no tongue this time - eight-year-old boys shouldn’t be French kissing!
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 14:48
    This evening's update will bring us to 89 days remaining in the countdown according to the Book of Daniel, and this is a quote from the 89th post in this thread.

Those questions are answered in the material at hand.
    Speak plainly as to what will occur in 89 days.

Or are you simply going to attribute anything that happens in the world on that day as a vindication of your prediction? (Say, an earthquake or global shortage of celery).
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 16:22
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Speak plainly as to what will occur in 89 days.

Or are you simply going to attribute anything that happens in the world on that day as a vindication of your prediction? (Say, an earthquake or global shortage of celery).
    You might be right. I'm stocking up on celery.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 17:07
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    You might be right. I'm stocking up on celery.
    ...Me too, but am a little concerned we will trigger a celery stampede (as a result of us both being immensely influential characters).
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    ...Me too, but am a little concerned we will trigger a celery stampede (as a result of us both being immensely influential characters).
    A celery stampede would make us immensely rich.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree