Creation AND Evolution?

Creation AND Evolution?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b] If a tornado was active in a junk yard for millions of years it would in your mind be able to create a spaceship?

That you ask these types of questions demonstrates that you don't understand the basic mechanics of natural selection. That you don't understand that natural selection is NOT entirely random. KJ similarly repeatedly paints himself into a similar corner.[/b]
Well maybe if you understood DNA code you would realize that it requires an intelligent author.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Well maybe if you understood DNA code you would realize that our DNA code requires an intelligent author.
Since you don't understand the basic mechanics of natural selection, there's no wonder you are unable to wrap your mind around the theory of evolution.

Seems all you are able to do, like KJ, is repeatedly embarrass yourself by displaying your ignorance.

Moves
28 Aug 18

Since you don't understand the basic mechanics of natural selection, there's no wonder you are unable to wrap your mind around the theory of evolution.

Seems all you are able to do, like KJ, is repeatedly embarrass yourself by displaying your ignorance.
What exactly is it you feel I don't understand? Do you only have ad hominems in your arsenal?

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

What exactly is it you feel I don't understand? Do you only have ad hominems in your arsenal?
What part of the following didn't you understand?
<<That you ask these types of questions demonstrates that you don't understand the basic mechanics of natural selection. That you don't understand that natural selection is NOT entirely random.>>

Moves
28 Aug 18

What part of the following didn't you understand?
<<That you ask these types of questions demonstrates that you don't understand the basic mechanics of natural selection. [b]That you don't understand that natural selection is NOT entirely random.
>>[/b]
When did I say natural selection is entirely random? You are putting words in my mouth. I have no problem with natural selection. I have no problem with the microevolution of pre existing populations.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Really, when I told you that if a code only has to do a few things by comparison to one that
has to do a great many is beyond you?

Lets get this straighten out, it seems to me very straight forward, you grasp it now?

With respect you 'believe' that the first life forms were not DNA-based!? What!
How did that occur in your opinion and why would it change, and for crying out loud what
observable evidence do you have to support that!?
DNA for, say, a bacterium isn't any more complex than DNA of, say, a human. In both cases it is just a double helix with base pairs.

Again, if you wish to know what we've learned about the origins of life, read that article and the references therein.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Doesn't that depend on who or what you are playing against? Your environment and all
that various things that can kill off life are always playing a steady game. You misstep and
you are done. How long will random moves take place before a good player destroys the
play on every board?
Due to natural selection, the "missteps" will disappear from the population, while the "good moves" spread.

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
DNA for, say, a bacterium isn't any more complex than DNA of, say, a human. In both cases it is just a double helix with base pairs.

Again, if you wish to know what we've learned about the origins of life, read that article and the references therein.
Maybe you should read up on DNA sequencing. Do you know how many base pairs have to be in exact order to form just a single chromosome?

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

When did I say natural selection is entirely random? You are putting words in my mouth. I have no problem with natural selection. I have no problem with the microevolution of pre existing populations.
When did I say natural selection is entirely random? You are putting words in my mouth.

Let's see. You write things like the following and then accuse me of putting words in your mouth. Any ideas why so many find you to be dishonest and / or irrational?:
Do you believe randomness alone is responsible for the existence of life in the complexity we have it today...
Randomly picking letters of the alphabet and throwing them in a hat for millions of years cannot reproduce Shakespeare's work. All you will get is garbage.
If a tornado was active in a junk yard for millions of years it would in your mind be able to create a spaceship?

Moves
28 Aug 18

[b]When did I say natural selection is entirely random? You are putting words in my mouth.

Let's see. You write things like the following and then accuse me of putting words in your mouth. Any ideas why so many find you to be dishonest and / or irrational?:
Do you believe randomness alone is responsible for the existence of life in the com ...[text shortened]... a junk yard for millions of years it would in your mind be able to create a spaceship?
[/b]
I asked someone a question.... You should maybe try to read with your eyes open.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

I asked someone a question.... You should maybe try to read with your eyes open.
For one, not all three if the examples I cited were questions.

For another, even the questions have an underlying implication of the process being entirely random.

Once again, any ideas why so many find you to be dishonest and / or irrational?

Moves
28 Aug 18

For one, not all three if the examples I cited were questions.

For another, even the questions have an underlying implication of the process being entirely random.

Once again, any ideas why so many find you to be dishonest and / or irrational?
You are just trying to muddy the waters as usual. You are making assumptions and putting words in my mouth as usual and when that doesn't work you resort to insults. 😴

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

You are just trying to muddy the waters as usual. You are making assumptions and putting words in my mouth as usual and when that doesn't work you resort to insults. 😴
Right. Quoting what you've written and pointing out your flawed logic are "muddy[ing] the waters as usual".

Moves
28 Aug 18
1 edit

Right. Quoting what you've written and pointing out your flawed logic are "muddy[ing] the waters as usual".
😴 Case in point. Quote my exact words where I said "natural selection is entirely random". You can't because I didn't say it.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

😴
If you can formulate a cogent response, by all means post it.