Creation is evidence for which God?

Creation is evidence for which God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Scripture is not evidence. Scripture was written down starting 3500 years ago. It was written by ancient man, for ancient man. It is predominantly a story (especially the very beginnings). do you think ancient man could understand the nuts and bolts of how the universe was constructed? How about the Lambda-CDM model? How about quantum fluctuations? Do you think he coul ...[text shortened]... ouldn't have been just 6 24-hour days. And that this does not lessen the awesomeness of God.
Sure it is, written accounts are records. You think Plato wasn't real because we only have some small written accounts about him, how about Socrates? You add what was written to what we see you have evidence. We can read and see what agrees with the accounts to see if they pan out. We can read about the Roman empires rulers and see the ruins.

If you want to take God out of the scripture go a head.

I think modern man does not want a supernatural God, it would mean major shift in world views. You have an explanation of how all of this got here? The writers of scriptures who put down what was given to them or known didn't have to know about quantum fluctuations, if God said this is how it was done, that is that. If God put the stars in the sky for a reason, how far away they are and where they were placed was with cause, the details didn't need to be known.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Consensus isn't the measure of truth is it, a lot of people think this so it must be true, even if they are in the within science? If you ever just want to be in the majority for thought or anything else, even if you are really in the minority, the trick is only speak to those that agree with you. Those that challenge your views can be looked upon as something less than so t ...[text shortened]... 't know. With all of that left unexplained your assumptions are based upon what you want to believe.
Was that a yes or no?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sorry Kelly, but that is just plain silly.

How is my study of the Bible relevant to me asking him to indicate if his claim about the unique qualities of his God was based on actually looking at what other religions believe? Does the Bible categorize other religions and explain the qualities of the Gods they believe in? (Thoroughly or objectively? )

Don't you thi ...[text shortened]... died the Bible, but having studied the religious writings of other faiths (which clearly he hadn't).
I think you are long on rejection and short on explanation as to why. Bring up another faith and asking why wouldn't their account be better than the Christianity without spelling out the specifics was mind numbing, no specifics as what comparisons you were making. How can we judge unless you say this one says this, that one says that, so which one looks better compared to the universe as we see it so they can be compared to one another.

The Bible is quite clear there is only one God there isn't any other, so in one swoop it rejects all others out of hand thoroughly and objectively. If you have another faith's God or gods you want to compare the God of the Bible, give the details and lets look. I couldn't even get you to defend your views about there being different gods from the OT to the NT. You stated your case I assume you thought that was all that was required and stopped responding, again long on complaint short on why.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@proper-knob said
Was that a yes or no?
For crying out loud, are you serious? If you don't know the answer I cannot help you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Mar 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
For crying out loud, are you serious? If you don't know the answer I cannot help you.
I asked you a very specific question, beginning with the words - do you dispute - and you give me 4 paragraphs ending with your usual waffle about how the universe started. I ask simple precise questions because you write in such vague terms and, i'm not trying to be rude, but your sentences more often than not make no sense. It's like a word salad. It might make perfect sense to you, but it doesn't to me.

Why not just answer my question with a precise yes or no and then explain why? Then we all know where we stand.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I think you are long on rejection and short on explanation as to why. Bring up another faith and asking why wouldn't their account be better than the Christianity without spelling out the specifics was mind numbing, no specifics as what comparisons you were making. How can we judge unless you say this one says this, that one says that, so which one looks better compared to t ...[text shortened]... thought that was all that was required and stopped responding, again long on complaint short on why.
Again, 'he' made the claim that the qualities were unique to his God. I do not think it unreasonable for him to clarify if he actually knows how other religions view their deities. Otherwise, his claim is meaningless. It's like me saying strawberry is the best tasting ice cream when never having tasted any other flavour.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@proper-knob said
I asked you a very specific question, beginning with the words - do you dispute - and you give me 4 paragraphs ending with your usual waffle about how the universe started. I ask simple precise questions because you write in such vague terms and, i'm not trying to be rude, but your sentences more often than not make no sense. It's like a word salad. It might make perfect ...[text shortened]... t answer my question with a precise yes or no and then explain why? Then we all know where we stand.
Simply put when they were both created they were at the same time, they shared the same space and time. The universe starting is the answer to that question. It all revolves around the beginning. I stress it because it is key to so much! It isn't all, but it is the most important.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Again, 'he' made the claim that the qualities were unique to his God. I do not think it unreasonable for him to clarify if he actually knows how other religions view their deities. Otherwise, his claim is meaningless. It's like me saying strawberry is the best tasting ice cream when never having tasted any other flavour.
You brought up the Christian and Hindu faith's creation story, I asked what about them, specifically for a comparison on the creation of the universe, from you nothing more.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You brought up the Christian and Hindu faith's creation story, I asked what about them, specifically for a comparison on the creation of the universe, from you nothing more.
I think you have your wires crossed.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I pick a flower and say, "Ah, evidence that the Christian God exists."

I then pick a second flower and say, "Ah, evidence that Brahma exists."

Can any religion claim an exclusive link between creation and their particular flavour of the divine?
Pick as many flowers as you'd like. They were all created by the one and only God in existence.

"Religions" can and do claim many things, but the one and only God in existence has given His Word in but one document.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
And "Adam and Eve" figured this out on their own?
They saw themselves aging and dying at least, yes. But I imagine they also felt mental and emotional anguish and pain when they considered their part in the murder of one of their sons by another of their sons.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No it isn't. One is a statement of opinion and the other is a statement of fact. You and the person who approved of your post need a course in logic. Perhaps then you'll be smart enough to believe in the God who must exist to explain your existence. 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Scripture is not evidence. Scripture was written down starting 3500 years ago. It was written by ancient man, for ancient man. It is predominantly a story (especially the very beginnings). do you think ancient man could understand the nuts and bolts of how the universe was constructed? How about the Lambda-CDM model? How about quantum fluctuations? Do you think he coul ...[text shortened]... ouldn't have been just 6 24-hour days. And that this does not lessen the awesomeness of God.
After reading some of these posts I can begin to see that perhaps this post is mere wishful thinking on my part to believe that man is actually smarter now.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
After reading some of these posts I can begin to see that perhaps this post is mere wishful thinking on my part to believe that man is actually smarter now.
More emotional drivel that is a waste of time for you to post and for us to read.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19
1 edit

@darfius said
More emotional drivel that is a waste of time for you to post and for us to read.
Your posts are a master lesson in irony.

I'm not the one conflating logic with belief.