Creation is evidence for which God?

Creation is evidence for which God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Mar 19

@secondson said
Think it through. There can be only one God.
On the contrary.
The existence of one god would imply the existence of many.

I would say regarding supernatural beings it is logically
zero or many, with the smart money being on zero.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
On the contrary.

How would you know that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
When Kelly starts a sentence with 'simply put' I tend to hide under the table.

😕
I always wondered where you would run off to, you will need a new hiding place since I know where to look now. 😉

The Apologist

Moves
18 Mar 19

@wolfgang59 said
On the contrary.

The existence of one infinite being necessarily requires the existence of zero other infinite beings. Learn to think and we will welcome you into the Christian fold.

F

Moves
19 Mar 19
1 edit

@darfius said
The existence of one infinite being necessarily requires the existence of zero other infinite beings.
The "existence" of one infinite being does not necessarily preclude the "existence" of other infinite beings. People who believe in supernatural beings and phenomena can believe whatever they want.

The Apologist

Moves
19 Mar 19

@fmf said
The "existence" of one infinite being does not necessarily preclude the "existence" of other infinite beings. People who believe in supernatural beings and phenomena can believe whatever they want.
Two infinite beings cannot coexist because the infinity of one would be a limitation of the other.

Logic dictates what we "can believe", though perhaps you'd define logic as "supernatural" and ignore it. Those of us intelligent enough to understand logic understand these things. 😉

F

Moves
19 Mar 19

@darfius said
Two infinite beings cannot coexist because the infinity of one would be a limitation of the other.
No, it wouldn't. Infinity in such a case would be a complete lack of limitation on either.

F

Moves
19 Mar 19

@darfius said
Logic dictates what we "can believe", though perhaps you'd define logic as "supernatural" and ignore it.
"Faith", if strong enough, can take any idea, any opinion, any aspiration and package it as "logic" and then that becomes what people "can believe". There is pretty much no limit on what people "can believe". It doesn't need "logic" for them to be able to to do that.

The Apologist

Moves
19 Mar 19

@fmf said
No, it wouldn't. Infinity in such a case would be a complete lack of limitation on either.
Incorrect. What if one wanted to do something and the other wanted him not to do it? Such logical impossibilities are why two infinites cannot coexist. You're not very bright. Is that why you aren't Christian?

The Apologist

Moves
19 Mar 19

@fmf said
"Faith", if strong enough, can take any idea, any opinion, any aspiration and package it as "logic" and then that becomes what people "can believe". There is pretty much no limit on what people "can believe". It doesn't need "logic" for them to be able to to do that.
Your idea of faith is not the faith of logical Christians or the faith recommended in the Bible, which is a trust based on reason and past loyalty.

F

Moves
19 Mar 19

@darfius said
Incorrect. What if one wanted to do something and the other wanted him not to do it? Such logical impossibilities are why two infinites cannot coexist. You're not very bright. Is that why you aren't Christian?
If you now want to shift away from what you said and start riffing about the "will" of an "infinite" being or the action of one "infinite" being against another, then that's your prerogative.

F

Moves
19 Mar 19

@darfius said
Your idea of faith is not the faith of logical Christians or the faith recommended in the Bible, which is a trust based on reason and past loyalty.
Yes, "faith" involves "trust" and "loyalty". Religious people do not require "logic" to have "faith".

The Apologist

Moves
19 Mar 19

@fmf said
Yes, "faith" involves "trust" and "loyalty". Religious people do not require "logic" to have "faith".
You atheists selectively read my posts. I said reason too, did I not? Reason requires logic. Your lack of integrity is why you are not Christian.

F

Moves
19 Mar 19

@darfius said
You atheists selectively read my posts. I said reason too, did I not? Reason requires logic. Your lack of integrity is why you are not Christian.
Like I said, "faith", if strong enough, can take absolutely any far-fetched notion, any figment of the imagination, any unprovable theory, or any comforting hope pinned on some magical process or other, and pass it off as "logic". The more insecure the believer is, the more they seek to rationalise their "faith" in the eyes of others.

The Apologist

Moves
19 Mar 19

@fmf said
Like I said, "faith", if strong enough, can take absolutely any far-fetched notion, any figment of the imagination, any unprovable theory, or any comforting hope pinned on some magical process or other, and pass it off as "logic". The more insecure the believer is, the more they seek to rationalise their "faith" in the eyes of others.
This has nothing to do with anything I've said, is dishonest and is not a claim supported with any evidence. On Judgement Day, you will no longer be able to lie without being immediately exposed and culpable. Repent.