Creation is evidence for which God?

Creation is evidence for which God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think you have your wires crossed.
Not this thread but it occurred and I responded to it.

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Not this thread but it occurred and I responded to it.
So not your wires crossed, just your threads?

😆

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So not your wires crossed, just your threads?

😆
Yes, and I'm sorry for that too oh great one, I failed in my bringing this to your attentions as I should have, I'm such a worm. 🙂

Please don't feed me to the fish, again!

Moves
16 Mar 19

@secondson said
Pick as many flowers as you'd like. They were all created by the one and only God in existence.

"Religions" can and do claim many things, but the one and only God in existence has given His Word in but one document.
... Brahma?

Moves
16 Mar 19

@darfius said
No it isn't. One is a statement of opinion and the other is a statement of fact. You and the person who approved of your post need a course in logic. Perhaps then you'll be smart enough to believe in the God who must exist to explain your existence. 😉
But on what is your opinion based if you haven't actually read what other religions say about their Gods?!

To help you along, give me 'one' quality that you think only your God is claimed to have.

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, and I'm sorry for that too oh great one, I failed in my bringing this to your attentions as I should have, I'm such a worm. 🙂

Please don't feed me to the fish, again!
Fear not sir, there is much forgiveness in this atheist heart.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But on what is your opinion based if you haven't actually read what other religions say about their Gods?!

To help you along, give me 'one' quality that you think only your God is claimed to have.
Jealousy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Fear not sir, there is much forgiveness in this atheist heart.
🙂

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Jealousy.
lol

Highly prevalent I fear among the God community. (From memory, the Greek god Phthonus was the personification of jealousy).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
lol

Highly prevalent I fear among the God community. (From memory, the Greek god Phthonus was the personification of jealousy).
Hmmmm, I didn't know that. Which is, of course, your point.

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said

If someone else claims there is a different building where you know a building is already, you don't need to go investigate the competing claim. The only thing more tiresome than a pretentious man who thinks he knows how to think is a woman who doesn't bother thinking at all. Which means you and Suzianne are torture for me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@darfius said
If someone else claims there is a different building where you know a building is already, you don't need to go investigate the competing claim. The only thing more tiresome than a pretentious man who thinks he knows how to think is a woman who doesn't bother thinking at all. Which means you and Suzianne are torture for me.
I'm going to disagree with you here, not on the main point of God but how you seem to be portraying the two you are disagreeing with. They both have good heads on their shoulders compared to many, you and I disagree with them yes, but it isn't because they are less than. At the moment our foundations for our world views are completely different so we each see the same things in different lights causing us to come to different conclusions. Granted one of them is Duke, so....oh well, getting back to what I was saying, they are not less than.

Moves
16 Mar 19

@darfius said
Okay, let's get you back on track here. Earlier in this thread, you wrote, '...This causeless cause, as the source of time, space, power, and information, must be eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient. These are not claimed for any God but the God of the Bible.'

You see here how you say, 'these are not claimed for any God but the God of the Bible'? - I have asked you clearly and reasonably to substantiate this, knowing it to be an erroneous statement. On what basis do you say these things are not claimed for any other God? (Apart from your own pretentiousness). If you indeed haven't investigated if other religions do make the same claims your whole position is completely without merit.

But like I said, I'll give you a hand. Just provide 1 quality that is uniquely claimed for your particular deity. (Apologies if this takes you out of your comfort zone. By all means, call me a bad person instead).

The Apologist

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Okay, let's get you back on track here. Earlier in this thread, you wrote, '...This causeless cause, as the source of time, space, power, and information, must be eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient. These are not claimed for any God but the God of the Bible.'

You see here how you say, 'these are not claimed for any God but the God of the Bible'? - I ...[text shortened]... (Apologies if this takes you out of your comfort zone. By all means, call me a bad person instead).
I will retract the claim that these qualities are not in their totality claimed for another god so that you can stop being distracted by it--or using it as such.

Focus on the claim that "This causeless cause, as the source of time, space, power, and information, must be eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient."

Moves
16 Mar 19

@darfius said
I will retract the claim that these qualities are not in their totality claimed for another god so that you can stop being distracted by it--or using it as such.

Focus on the claim that "This causeless cause, as the source of time, space, power, and information, must be eternal, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient."
I accept your capitulation.