1. Diverse City
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    I just asked if he was homeschooled. Are you suggesting that linking him with homeschooling is an insult to homeschooling? Perhaps it's something about the way he writes or his unorthodox ideas? Are insulting S. Carpface?
    Hey i figured mistyped words would be excused. Yes I am. All I can say is it is not unorthodox. But thanks.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 19:00
    Originally posted by Sargent Carpface
    Well what do you think? For you retarted evolutionists, Dust formed the big bang, Well where did the dust come from, Dust forms from dead skin. Got any answers? Post them here. If you can. 😛 :# EVOLUTION IS WRONG!
    Are you stupid or what?? Evolution has nothing to do with big bang, dust DID NOT form any big bang. Probably both theories are wrong, but YOU are wronger.
    I don't care to discuss the details of both theories with someone who can't even post the problem. Evolution is wrong? I agree. But it's the better theory we have. Big Bang is wrong?, I agree even more. But you can't understand it, so obviously you can't refute it.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 19:45
    Hey i figured mistyped words would be excused. Yes I am. All I can say is it is not unorthodox. But thanks.
    So that's the thing. I had a two strong suspicions from reading your post:

1) you are young
    2) you are homeschooled (in a Christian setting)

All I can say is that I know you think what you are writing is good science, but it's not. In fact, it's so bad that I was being generous by calling your ideas "unorthodox." I found this out for myself the hard way, and I imagine you will too. Even after homeschooling, where I learned all the "obvious holes" in evolution, I attended a private Christian school, where I learned even more ways to shoot down evolution. It wasn't until I got out of the Christian education bubble and went to an elite private non-religious school that I began to discover that many of the so-called failings of evolution were actually mischaracterizations or even outright lies. That was very hard to stomach. You see, originally I thought that I was very clever, that I had all this inside information that scientists were keeping from my peers and that I could use to further God's kingdom. But to my shock I soon learned that I didn't know anything at all about evolution, and the information had been hidden from me, not them.

I hope that when that day comes for you, you will have the courage to examine the evidence with an open mind.
  4. Diverse City
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 22:00
    Originally posted by telerion
    So that's the thing. I had a two strong suspicions from reading your post:

1) you are young
    2) you are homeschooled (in a Christian setting)

All I can say is that I know you think what you are writing is good science, but it's not. In fact, it's so bad that I was being generous by calling your ideas "unorthodox." I found this out for myself th ...[text shortened]... ay comes for you, you will have the courage to examine the evidence with an open mind.
    1 I am thirteen.
    2 yes.

Thanks. Its not good science. I just wanna bash those idiots out there who proclaim its true.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 22:46
    1 I am thirteen.
    2 yes.

Thanks. Its not good science. I just wanna bash those idiots out there who proclaim its true.
    Bash away, but know that you're not doing a very good job.
    A better option would be to actually find out about some of the arguments you're bashing - then you can really sink the teeth in.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:581 edit
    1 I am thirteen.
    2 yes.

I think you misunderstand me. I mean that the claims you are using in an attempt to discredit evolution are bad. I appreciate your eagerness for the challenge though. Keep studying, and when you go to college be ready to learn.

Good luck!

Edit: Oh, and I'd chill out with calling people "idiots." A lot of great minds went before us and many others continue to do outstanding work. We all have much to learn, and you, as a very young student, have the most to learn. You'll find that you will get farther if you treat people with respect, even those with whom you disagree.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 01:54
    Well what do you think? For you retarted evolutionists, Dust formed the big bang, Well where did the dust come from, Dust forms from dead skin. Got any answers? Post them here. If you can. 😛 :# EVOLUTION IS WRONG!
    Lets begin this way. What is heritical about evolution in terms of Genesis or any other part of the Bible? Anyone?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 07:08
    Its a long story. read genisis in the bible. at least chapter one.
    I had - the original one (I guess you only read a translation ; and who know what can get lost in translation? 😉 ).

Now, I don't belive that god (whether he exists or not) wrote the Bible -I belive that it was written by my ancestors* (the ancient Israelites), and, well, these guys didn't knew everything.

* That is, the original Tanakh. I don't know who wrote the sequel 😉
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 07:49
    Originally posted by Retrovirus
    I had - the original one (I guess you only read a translation ; and who know what can get lost in translation? 😉 ).

Now, I don't belive that god (whether he exists or not) wrote the Bible -I belive that it was written by my ancestors* (the ancient Israelites), and, well, these guys didn't knew everything.

* That is, the original Tanakh. I don't know who wrote the sequel 😉
    and who know what can get lost in translation? ).

From Hebrew to English? Well, all but p’shat—and even that loses a tremendous amount of the nuances and layers of meaning.

And without midrash and continuing Oral Torah? The whole hermeneutical project changes.

(Okay, I’m showing off. 😳 I really know little Hebrew, and have to work very hard at that. Mainly I have tried to learn how the language works.)

That is, the original Tanakh. I don't know who wrote the sequel

Nice one. 😉 BTW, It’s in Greek.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 08:13
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]and who know what can get lost in translation? ).

From Hebrew to English? Well, all but p’shat—and even that loses a tremendous amount of the nuances and layers of meaning.

And without midrash and continuing Oral Torah? The whole hermeneutical project changes.

(Okay, I’m showing off. 😳 I really know little Hebrew, and have to wor ...[text shortened]... original Tanakh. I don't know who wrote the sequel [/b]

Nice one. 😉 BTW, It’s in Greek.[/b]
    It apears that someone knows his T"USHBA.

🙂
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 08:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    If you want to defend creation you should do it with honor
    by being completely truthful, lying if that is what you are doing is
    very unbecoming and defeats the purpose of trying to get people to
    turn to God who will not bless a lie.
    Kelly
    I was just about to say that I have never met anyone who has attempted to defend creationism by being completely truthful, but then I realized that since you never seem to make any concrete statements you are probably not quite lying. But then you are usually so vague that you can hardly be said to be defending creationism. Your argument usually amounts to the statement "whatever you are saying is just belief and therefore equal to anyone else's belief". You have also claimed that the older evidence is the less accurate it is but failed completely to explain why or give more detail on the hypothesis. That claim is probably not a lie either as you probably believe it, but you are definitely being somewhat dishonest by always avoiding any actual analysis of the subject.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 09:041 edit
    Originally posted by Retrovirus
    It apears that someone knows his T"USHBA.

🙂
    The closest word to that, that I know, is t’shuvah. (Told you that I know little.) And I am not a ba’al t’shuvah (?).

I learned a few years ago that I had some long lost Jewish ancestry, and simply decided to study... A little Torah, a little midrash, a little Zohar (Daniel Matt's translation), a little Talmud (English interlinear). All on my own.

EDIT: As a non-dualist (think Zen), I have a predisposition to such things as Ein Sof, and the “dance” of yesh and ayin, and the fact that YHVH is really (linguistically) a verb with masuline and feminine genders in the construct... I also think Hebrew is a very beautiful language.

Now, it’s quite late (early) here, and I have to pack it in for tonight. Shalom.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 09:21
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The closest word to that, that I know, is t’shuvah. (Told you that I know little.) And I am not a ba’al t’shuvah (?).

I learned a few years ago that I had some long lost Jewish ancestry, and simply decided to study... A little Torah, a little midrash, a little Zohar (Daniel Matt's translation), a little Talmud (English interlinear). All on my own.
    T"USHBA means Torah She' Be'al'pe', or "Oral Torah", and is a catch all phrase for all the books and teachings that came after the Tanekh (although officially the term only describes the teaching till they decided to write it down at the 2nd century).
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 11:40
    1 I am thirteen.
    2 yes.

As a matter of interest.

1. In what way do you want to bash them? Do you want to insult them, physically beat them up, make them look bad? Debate with them?

2. Why do you want to bash them? Do they offend you? Do their beliefs threaten you?

3. You obviously think they are wrong. Why do you think they are wrong? Do you think you are intelligent enough to understand their beliefs and dispute them? Were you told by someone you respect that they are wrong? Do you think they are wrong because you think their beliefs are incompatible with your beliefs?

4. What do you think of science in general? Is it wrong to want to learn about the universe in general via observation and experimentation? Have all scientists got everything wrong or just those in the fields of Biology, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, Paleontology, and a few others?

5. Do you believe every word of the Bible and if so which translation of the Bible and whose interpretation of that translation?
  15. Diverse City
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 12:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As a matter of interest.

1. In what way do you want to bash them? Do you want to insult them, physically beat them up, make them look bad? Debate with them?

2. Why do you want to bash them? Do they offend you? Do their beliefs threaten you?

3. You obviously think they are wrong. Why do you think they are wrong? Do you think you are intelligent en ...[text shortened]... the Bible and if so which translation of the Bible and whose interpretation of that translation?
    Its a figure of speech. This was not a debate, I am saving the questions I am getting so I can Research MOST of them and then get down to the point and present them to... Others. Scientists. Etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree