1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:40
    Originally posted by Zaser
    I am yesterday, today, and tommorrow, and have the power to be born a second time. I am the divine, hidden soul who gives sephucherul meal to the denizens of the deep, the place of the dead. Hail, lord of the shrine that stands in the center of the earth. He is I and I am he.
    -Book of the Dead
    Good luck with that.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The Gospel, as seen in the stars, had many imitators from the beginnings of man's history. The Gospel, as seen in the Gospel accounts, brought to flesh the promise from before.

To have a record in the stars prior to formulation of the mythologies of the ancient world, and then see that story played out in real history by virtue of the life, death, resu ...[text shortened]... ion of Jesus Christ, should be overwhelming for anyone objectively viewing the panoramic story.
    uh-huh. I guess it hasn't occured to you that it might be the other way 'round? Especially since it has been demonstrated to my complete satisfaction that no HJC ever existed. You should probably go ahead and Google up the word "Astrotheology".
  3. Where she wnts me...
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:41
    Already been done.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:43
    Originally posted by David C
    uh-huh. I guess it hasn't occured to you that it might be the other way 'round? Especially since it has been demonstrated to my complete satisfaction that no HJC ever existed. You should probably go ahead and Google up the word "Astrotheology".
    HJC?
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:58
    HJC?
    Historical Jesus Christ...as opposed to, say, MJC. Mythical, in case you might be wondering.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 15:04
    Historical Jesus Christ...as opposed to, say, MJC. Mythical, in case you might be wondering.
    So, in your opinion, the study of one disillusioned former pastor is enough to convince you that the historical person depicted in the Gospel accounts and the Acts of apostles did not exist?
  7. An' it harms none...
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 15:15
    I'm not even a christian and I believe he was a real person, I just don't believe he was the son or whatever of a God.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 15:18
    So, in your opinion, the study of one disillusioned former pastor is enough to convince you that the historical person depicted in the Gospel accounts and the Acts of apostles did not exist?
    One pastor? Hardly. It is...as you say...a panoramic. Our vantage points of the panorama appear to be different.
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 15:23
    Originally posted by dags
    I'm not even a christian and I believe he was a real person, I just don't believe he was the son or whatever of a God.
    Super. You'd be wrong, though. At best, the historical character depicted by Freaky's gospels is a composite of many wandering rabbis called Yeshua in Palestine at the time.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 15:25
    One pastor? Hardly. It is...as you say...a panoramic. Our vantage points of the panorama appear to be different.
    Craig Lyons, the supposed former pastor, supposedly graduating from Southwestern Theological Seminary in 1988, has his own little website:

http://jesusastrotheology.netfirms.com/

and, quite frankly, from a scholarship viewpoint--- without even considering the histrocity of his 'studies'--- it's a load of crappoccino.

This was one of the sites I visted at your insistence. Are there any better ones?
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 15:472 edits
    This was one of the sites I visted at your insistence. Are there any better ones?
    I'll leave it to you to find them, should you be interested in the idea. I wouldn't want to be accused of any unwarranted insistence.

How would you care to demonstrate the idea is a load of "crappocino"? Remember, you're the one insisting "the stars reflect human history", whereas this hypothesis is far less spurious: human mythology was derived from the stars.

Of course, you're free to reject the scientific data that demonstrates the stars are almost immeasurably older than modern humans, or that the slow precession of the stars around the ecliptic plane is due to the slight rotational wobble of the Earth on its' axis. You can also deny that ancient cultures placed an inordinate amount of importance on astronomical observation and astrology...but in doing so, you're filling your cup with said "crappocino".
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 16:17
    I'll leave it to you to find them, should you be interested in the idea. I wouldn't want to be accused of any unwarranted insistence.

How would you care to demonstrate the idea is a load of "crappocino"? Remember, you're the one insisting "the stars reflect human history", whereas this hypothesis is far less spurious: human mythology was derived from the ...[text shortened]... ion and astrology...but in doing so, you're filling your cup with said "crappocino".
    What say you of one Craig Lyons, then? Do you deny that this pathetic website was one that 'convinced' you of the mythological nature of Jesus Christ?

I would not care to demonstrate that the idea is a load thus described, as the idea carries no merit or weight of scholarship, thus no warrant for response.

That the human history reflects the stars is self-evident.

With respect to the dating of the stars, as it has no bearing on the subject, I will avoid that argument, as well.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 16:22
    Originally posted by Zaser
    You ever been there? I would presume not. The 'fires' are really cold. So the name would be "fires of ice."
    The bible calls it an eternal burning! You will burn forever, but never burn up! for an eternity!!
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:23
    With one little word, the Lord Jesus Christ will slay the ruler of this world, Satan.
    How boring! 🙄😴😴😴
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:25
    Originally posted by firejunkie2027
    The bible calls it an eternal burning! You will burn forever, but never burn up! for an eternity!!
    Sounds like the perfect place for you, 'firejunkie'. Why don't you go there now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree