How boring! 🙄😴😴😴
    Wonder what that word will be.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 18:021 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    With respect to the dating of the stars, as it has no bearing on the subject, I will avoid that argument, as well.
    lol. How hysteric you can be.

Do you deny that this pathetic website was one that 'convinced' you of the mythological nature of Jesus Christ?

Although I think there is something to the hypothesis, most of my reading on the subject** were essays from Price, Eisenmann, Barker, Doherty, et. al. Not quite as dramatic, I'm afraid. Hope you're not too disappointed.

I would not care to demonstrate that the idea is a load thus described, as the idea carries no merit or weight of scholarship, thus no warrant for response.

Okey-dokey. Yet, your contention that the Story of Jesus was Foretold in the Stars is completely tenable. You need to give your head a good shake, Chief. I think it's stuck in ludicrous.

That the human history reflects the stars is self-evident.

That human myths were derived from observation of visible constellations over millenia is self-evident. Are we saying the same thing here?

** I should clarify, the subject of a Mythical JC. I began to read on the topic of an Astrological link to JC after I had already concluded JC was M.
  3. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 18:45
    Originally posted by David C
    I think it's stuck in ludicrous.
    Are we referencing Space Balls? I was talking about DARTH VADER, not DARK HELMET! Yeesh.....😉
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 18:56
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Are we referencing Space Balls? I was talking about DARTH VADER, not DARK HELMET! Yeesh.....😉
    Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 18:58
    lol. How hysteric you can be.

[b]Do you deny that this pathetic website was one that 'convinced' you of the mythological nature of Jesus Christ?

Although I think there is something to the hypothesis, most of my reading on the subject** were essays from Price, Eisenmann, Barker, Doherty, et. al. Not quite as dramatic, I'm afraid. Hope you're ...[text shortened]... to read on the topic of an Astrological link to JC after I had already concluded JC was M.[/b]
    In addition to Lyons, apparently, we can add this esteemed panel of idiots. Their work is not worth the ink and paper wasted on such 'ludicrous' ideas.
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:10
    In addition to Lyons, apparently, we can add this esteemed panel of idiots. Their work is not worth the ink and paper wasted on such 'ludicrous' ideas.
    Your reaction is entirely understandable, Freaky. It must be hard for a Christian to come to terms with the reality that Jesus is Fiction. Doesn't mean you can't be a good person whose life has meaning, though, so buck up.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:20
    Your reaction is entirely understandable, Freaky. It must be hard for a Christian to come to terms with the reality that Jesus is Fiction. Doesn't mean you can't be a good person whose life has meaning, though, so buck up.
    Oh, I'll muddle through somehow, David. Sheesh.
  8. London
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:23
    Maybe you should just open up a new thread on the entire Jesus Seminar group to discuss their views.
  9. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:25
    Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz.
    Yea, but my Schwartz is bigger than yours....
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:25
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Maybe you should just open up a new thread on the entire Jesus Seminar group to discuss their views.
    Maybe you could label it:
    "Art Bell sez the Jesus Seminars are rigged!"
    or something equally attention-grabbing.
  11. Joined
    05 Mar '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 06:52
    Remember - Life is Mystifying

Just a thought - Jesus was Real! But he was not any more special then the other apostles or philosophers of his time - the Common Christian Religion didn't come about until two to three CENTURIES after his death - long after other religions were following in a similar path. And the list of names that are similar to Jesus ( like Krishna and so on ) have personal stories from there 'homeland' that are completely the same ( Walking on water, Healing the sick and dying for the sinned and so on ). If you ask me, that is enough to make me think twice about what is and isn't real. as far as i am concerned, this thread is about the similarities between Christ and the age old Character, Darth Vader ( whom i would believe in more than a Middle Eastern Apostle any day!!!!).
    On top of that - Christ was Jewish, and one of the original writers of the Dead sea Scrolls, and quite presumably the co writer of the Sumerian Tablets, only in a different life time. He isn't a Son of God, but possibly a man ( of multiple Species??? ) of Great Wisdom - and NOT the hunky Dory Bible junking wisdom you Christians are thinking of - but rather a wisdom stretching beyond this solar system! This world is NOT the center of the universe, and no ONE god is going to give Devinne birth TO ONE Human on t his ONE planet - there is allot more here than you ignorant ( religious ) people think!!!! Christianity and all religions are just looking for more blind folk to recruit.
    In fact - i find it funny as hell that anyone with religious stand point would find a thread with this ones kind of title and decide to post in it - your just weak and looking to arouse your own curiosity - if you doubt your beliefs - READ A BOOK!!!! look into yourself and decide on your own time - better than wasting your time and energy yanking at us non religious enlightened folk.
    Always keep in mind the most profound Quotes of the Icons of OUR time ( icons meaning saviours - or rather, public-well-know ed-poets/apostles )
    :::::
    Everything you hear or read or see on TV is a product praying for your fast ass dirty dolor - shut up and BUY BUY BUY my new record!!! - Rev. Maynard James Keenan
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 12:17
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    I have no desire to read C&Ps from Holdings' fallacy-filled "rebuttals", but thanks.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 12:18
    Maybe you could label it:
    "Art Bell sez the Jesus Seminars are rigged!"
    or something equally attention-grabbing.
    Mock away, pathetic hypocrite. Be sure to pray extra hard to your Syncretic Saviour® for your forgiveness tonight.
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 12:22
    Originally posted by mageeleven
    and one of the original writers of the Dead sea Scrolls, and quite presumably the co writer of the Sumerian Tablets, only in a different life time.
    Yeah, well...I'm glad I brought it up. 😵😞
  15. London
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 12:27
    I have no desire to read C&Ps from Holdings' fallacy-filled "rebuttals", but thanks.
    Then perhaps you should point out exactly where the fallacies lie in Holding's rebuttals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree