1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 15:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    You are right of course. I have been nieve.
    Actually, I have noticed that when I pray before and after posting I enjoy it much more. When I do not pray for people and for wisdom to answer well, these forums tend to make me mean spirited. I find that I am more prone to retort to people then in my daily life.

With spirituality the most important thing is that you sense the release of your spirit. The reaction of those to whom you speak is secondary. If you sense that the Holy Spirit has flowed forth from you that is more important.

It goes without saying that to me "spirituality" must involve the human spirit and the Holy Spirit. This works for me because I do not go out of my way to find problems with other people's belief systems. I barely have enough time to speak of all the unsearchable riches of Christ.

If along side my posts about Christ someone writes another discussion about Zen, I don't go out of my way to find problems with the person's beliefs.

If a serious misstatement is made about my faith I feel its okay to speak up for what is true. Otherwise I don't demand that a Spirituality Forum ONLY discuss the Christian Faith.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 16:161 edit
    You are misreading me here. I am not saying that at all. I would never suggest that only believers have a sincere interest. That would be ignorant.
    But it does appear to me that it is some of the unbelievers that are only interested in ridicule and hate speach. Just to be honest.
    And Christians don't ridicule and insult their opposition? I've seen several of them do it routinely here.

You should know all about 'hate speech' - you advocate throwing homosexuals out of churches.

In short, your posts sound like more tired whining - "The other guys aren't playing fair!" - while ignoring the fact that people on your side (yourself included) use the same tactics.
  3. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 20:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    And Christians don't ridicule and insult their opposition? I've seen several of them do it routinely here.

You should know all about 'hate speech' - you advocate throwing homosexuals out of churches.

In short, your posts sound like more tired whining - "The other guys aren't playing fair!" - while ignoring the fact that people on your side (yourself included) use the same tactics.
    I have seen a few Christians ridicule, and they should'nt have done it. If I did, I 'm sorry. But they've never done it routinly, and, even though you are'nt gonna like this, Dogg, Athiests and Agnostics do it a lot more.

Any church that hs thrown homos out is either horribly mis-lead or totally un-Christian.

Well, you really are'nt playing fair. If you want to have regular conversations about spiritual matters, then you shouldn't attack. Same with us. It doesn't get anybody anywhere. And if you compare how many Christians do it vs. Athiests and Agnostics You'd find you do it more than us. I've posted here longer than Joe, and I've never seen resort to those tactics.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 22:131 edit
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    I have seen a few Christians ridicule, and they should'nt have done it. If I did, I 'm sorry. But they've never done it routinly, and, even though you are'nt gonna like this, Dogg, Athiests and Agnostics do it a lot more.

Any church that hs thrown homos out is either horribly mis-lead or totally un-Christian.

Well, you really are'nt playing fair. If han us. I've posted here longer than Joe, and I've never seen resort to those tactics.
    Why should it matter which side ridicules the other more often? Both sides readily indulge in it, so neither has a 'moral high ground' on the other.

Your buddy josephw advocates throwing gays out of churches. (Thread 62634) This willingness to act hatefully trumps any petty insults typed on an internet forum. He's one of the most hateful people here.

I dislike the concept of 'playing fair'. It's more interesting to hear how people really feel about their beliefs and those who oppose them, and more interesting when both sides are fighting hard for their position.
  5. Earth
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 03:50
    Excellent suggestion. I thought of the very same thing myself.
    Is there someway of doing this?
    You may message me directly by clicking on my bname and ....or just start a new thread dedicated to you and me, and no matter who butts in, ignore them.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 04:07

I think what we need here is a group hug.:'(
  7. CA, USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 08:32
    I have a Webster's daily use dictionary here in front of me, I use it because I can't spell, copyright 1932. It gives the definition of the word debate as; to contend for in words or arguments; meditate upon; deliberate together.

Now I came across this forum about a month ago and dived in with what I thought was a genuine interest in the debate. But I soo ...[text shortened]... h any intelligence would even join in this debate if they knew what some of you were saying!
    No doubt about it .. you were naive, but then, most any sincere person would be.
    It's not really a 'debate" forum, nor a "spirituality" forum .. it's a slagging forum for chess nerds and adolescents .. period.

For serious debate, search for a serious forum .. they're out their.
    This one is just for releasing a lot of hatred people have for America, Bush, and any religion except Islam .. which we should "understand."
  8. Earth
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 14:58
    Originally posted by Varqa
    You may message me directly by clicking on my bname and ....or just start a new thread dedicated to you and me, and no matter who butts in, ignore them.
    Before we begin a dialogue, I must at least mention that although I believe in God, Jesus, and the Bible, I do not share your ideas about sin/ salvation, heaven/ hell, Adam/ Eve, second coming, rapture....
  9. Earth
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 14:59
    Originally posted by jammer
    No doubt about it .. you were naive, but then, most any sincere person would be.
    It's not really a 'debate" forum, nor a "spirituality" forum .. it's a slagging forum for chess nerds and adolescents .. period.

For serious debate, search for a serious forum .. they're out their.
    This one is just for releasing a lot of hatred people have for America, Bush, and any religion except Islam .. which we should "understand."
    Why not Islam?
  10. CA, USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 15:07
    Originally posted by Varqa
    Why not Islam?
    Because it's not-Christian and not-Jewish
  11. Earth
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 15:15
    Originally posted by jammer
    Because it's not-Christian and not-Jewish
    I still don't get it. Are you saying Islam is different?
  12. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 04:57
    Why should it matter which side ridicules the other more often? Both sides readily indulge in it, so neither has a 'moral high ground' on the other.

Your buddy josephw advocates throwing gays out of churches. (Thread 62634) This willingness to [b]act
    hatefully trumps any petty insults typed on an internet forum. He's one of the mo ...[text shortened]... ho oppose them, and more interesting when both sides are fighting hard for their position.[/b]
    Fine. If it doesn't matter, then let's both stop doing it.

Sorry to break it to you, Dogg, but you said that, not joseph. He said that know one has been thrown out of his church, and that homosexuality is an abomination. I went through all 5 pages, and he never said that.

If we are going to fight, let's fight with facts. Calling eachother names, etc. doesn't prove anything except that you're a big jerk.
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 05:16
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    Calling eachother names, etc. doesn't prove anything except that you're a big jerk.
    That is funny!
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 07:10
    Thanks for the info.
    I looked in the debates forum and I can see no difference.
    According to the discription of this "spirituality" forum it is about debate of the supernatural, religion, and the life after. That's the topic.
    All I'm saying is that I can't seem to find a coherant discussion.
    Will you define disparate for me?
    If you want to debate a topic what you will end up doing is simply find a few who do give and take. There will always be others jumping in belittling, attacking and so on and others joining in on topic, but so what. Look for those people you like debating with and only answer them. Like life you have to take the good and the bad.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 07:42
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Joseph,

You have just forgotten the first rule of Internet Discussion forums: The quickest way to assemble a group of belligerent atheists and wisecracking agnostics is to start a Forum on Spiritual Beliefs.
    Apparently, the easiest way to assemble a group of aggressive, unintelligent spamming Christian zealots is to start a forum on Debates.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree