Myers Park Baptist  Church, Charlotte, NC

Myers Park Baptist Church, Charlotte, NC

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Feb 07

We hear so much about the Wesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags Fellowship, that we don't hear about other expressions of Christianity from other Baptist Churches.

Myers Park Baptist Church has written an open letter to the Southern Baptist Convention turning itself in as being a church that openly welcomes gays and lesbians in every facet of church life and leadership. They said there was no reason for the denomination to rely on secret investigations or reports as they are not in compliance with the teachings of the denomination regarding homosexuality. "We, along with our 1850 members serving as witnesses, turn ourselves in" the letter stated.

Thank you, Myers Park Baptist Church, for not hating those whom Jesus loves.

C

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
We hear so much about the Wesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags Fellowship, that we don't hear about other expressions of Christianity from other Baptist Churches.

Myers Park Baptist Church has written an open letter to the Southern Baptist Convention turning itself in as being a church that openly welcomes gays and lesbians in every facet of churc ...[text shortened]... etter stated.

It is good to see that there is still a church around that's got the right idea.

However, should gays and lesbians be involved in church leadership?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
13 Feb 07

Myers Park Baptist Church has written an open letter to the Southern Baptist Convention turning itself in as being a church that openly welcomes gays and lesbians in every facet of churc ...[text shortened]... etter stated.

Why is it taking all the other Christians so long?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by Crita
It is good to see that there is still a church around that's got the right idea.

However, should gays and lesbians be involved in church leadership?
Absolutely!

j

CA, USA

Moves
13 Feb 07

You can find a Church in the USA to match your own particulat brand of hatred .. we got 'em all.
I got a friend who attends the Church of Medical Marijuana .. on a regular basis.
Starting a Hate Gays Church is simply a good business decision .. a sure money maker.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Why is it taking all the other Christians so long?
Not all of them - there are many out there who think the same way.

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
13 Feb 07

Absolutely!
why?

N

The sky

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by genius
why?
Why not?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Feb 07

why?
If you exclude them from leadership soley on the basis of sexual orientation, what prevents you from excluding on the basis of gender or race. I thought that in Christ there was no Jew, Greek, male, female. I wish churches would put this in practice.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Feb 07

If you exclude them from leadership soley on the basis of sexual orientation, what prevents you from excluding on the basis of gender or race. I thought that in Christ there was no Jew, Greek, male, female. I wish churches would put this in practice.
The new testament does specify differences between Male and Female, and Jesus as a Jew almost certainly did differentiate between male / female and Jew / gentile. On what basis do you claim that he didn't?

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
13 Feb 07
1 edit

What prevents you? The Bible! For instance, 1 Corinthians 5 tells us how the church should deal with sexual immorality. in the church there is no Jew, Greek, male, female. But there is sexual immorallity. The bible makes it clear that homosexuality and such is wrong. It also says that there is no jew, greek, male or female in christ.

I shall leave you to draw your own conclusions from that...

twhitehead, kirk was quoting Galatians 3:28.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Feb 07
1 edit

What prevents you? The Bible! For instance, 1 Corinthians 5 tells us how the church should deal with sexual immorality. in the church there is no Jew, Greek, male, female. But there is sexual immorallity. The bible makes it clear that homosexuality and such is wrong. It also says that there is no jew, greek, male or female in christ.

Unless you believe in Bible mandated capital punishment for homosexual acts, such acts are merely a sin. And there is no requirement in the NT that members or leaders of the Church be without sin.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Feb 07
1 edit

11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Sounds like the gays are the least of your problems. You have to throw out the greedy? There goes 90% of American church members, right off the bat.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. ...[text shortened]... ou have to throw out the greedy? There goes 90% of American church members, right off the bat.
Paul: what a self-righteous jerk.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Feb 07

Almost all references to homosexuality in the Bible do not refer to gay relationships that we tend to think of today, but rather a form of pedophilia where children were kept in a form of slavery and sexually exploited.