def: Christian

def: Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I've asked this question deep into a thread, but I didn't get any answers. So I try again in a separate thread: again

[b]What is the definition of a christian? What is the least denominator?
[/b]
Jesus asks one to follow the will of the Father, i.e. live a life of truth, love, justice, compassion, etc.

If one follows the will of the Father, is he not also following what Jesus asks of him? Whether he professes to follow Jesus or not? So, is he not a follower of Jesus?

If one doesn't follow the will of the Father, is he following what Jesus asks of him? Whether he professes to follow Jesus or not? So, is he a follower of Jesus?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I've asked this question deep into a thread, but I didn't get any answers. So I try again in a separate thread: again

[b]What is the definition of a christian? What is the least denominator?
[/b]
A Christian is one who has the Spirit of Christ.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

This is just one of many charateritics that difines a Christian. I got it out of the Bible. It's the least common denominator I can think of.

W

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
Actually, you just did an excellent job of describing mankind.

2Ti 3:2 "For men shall be lovers of their own selves,"
So why do people go to church..? They go because they want to feel love and go on drugs.

W

Moves
08 Jul 08
1 edit

Christians are the most selfish people there are and they are obsessed that everybody will one day be a part of what they are about(because they think they are so cool) giving rise to a false sense of reality. Christians will use whatever means possible, giving little regard for the costs that some people have to pay, to make their Jesus known to all.

Moves
08 Jul 08

Nice almost opinion! It's in no way verifiable and as true as any other generalized steroetype, but these mindless rantings seem to make you feel good so go for it.

W

Moves
08 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Badwater
Nice almost opinion! It's in no way verifiable and as true as any other generalized steroetype, but these mindless rantings seem to make you feel good so go for it.
Your the idiot who goes "I dont believe in a wwflood" so what your saying is rubbish. Yet plenty of people do..

Opinion polls show consistently that half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created, along with all living creatures, by God 6,000 to 10,000 years ago.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=Ken+Ham+noah%27s+ark&meta=

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 08

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

This is just one of many charateritics that difines a Christian. I got it out of the Bible. It's the least common denominator I can think of.

W

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by josephw

..So it is super-powers that defines a Christian?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by WWindmill
Christians are the most selfish people there are and they are obsessed that everybody will one day be a part of what they are about(because they think they are so cool) giving rise to a false sense of reality. Christians will use whatever means possible, giving little regard for the costs that some people have to pay, to make their Jesus known to all.
Is this your reality? There is no rhyme or reason to it. You are just a Christian basher. And you provide the evidence in your posts.

And because I'm a Christian you will interpret this post as you being attacked. You are the attacker. You can't handle the truth, so you do what you do. Why are you this way?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 08

..So it is super-powers that defines a Christian?
Always the insults! 🙁

p

SEMO

Moves
09 Jul 08

So why do people go to church..? They go because they want to feel love and go on drugs.
I know of many people who go to church to "learn" the Bible and fellowship with other believers, not to feel better.

Granted there are lots that go just to make themselves look/feel better. These are those who are hypocrites. They go and say "I do this" and "I do that", but they curse the name of the Lord when no one is looking.

W

Moves
09 Jul 08

Originally posted by pritybetta
I know of many people who go to church to "learn" the Bible and fellowship with other believers, not to feel better.

Granted there are lots that go just to make themselves look/feel better. These are those who are hypocrites. They go and say "I do this" and "I do that", but they curse the name of the Lord when no one is looking.
Rubbish.. they go for purely selfish reasons of feeling the love from a big group of gay faggots.

W

Moves
09 Jul 08

josephw goes to make his super-powers greater.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jul 08

josephw goes to make his super-powers greater.
While WWindmill makes new friends everyday. Why do you punish yourself like this?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jul 08

Rubbish.. they go for purely selfish reasons of feeling the love from a big group of gay faggots.
I imagine you know what a group of gay faggots looks like?