1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    20 May '12 11:10
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Atheism was defeated in this forum on the 16th of May 2012.

It was defeated long before that - but for the forum dwellers it was defeated once again.

It was defeated because no person with their conscious intelligence and creative potency can design a new world/universe/cosmos ........from scratch without borrowing from what already exist.

Apparently ...[text shortened]... y your criminality in this forum for all to see.

You probably will because you are shameless.
    This was said long before your post! if you were bothered reading what everyone else had to say you would know this? by the way your religion is fake!
    and i know that deep down you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '12 20:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is very much hitting a nail on the head, karoly. Dasa believes the world is trillions and trillions and trillions of years old; RJHinds believes the world is around 10,000 years old. For RJHinds to claim they "agree" about "real science" is not serious. What unites them is their self-anointed fundamentalist fervour and vanity, their hatred of the Islamic fa ...[text shortened]... red desire to attract attention to themselves in cyberspace through bumpkin-esque notoriety.
    There you go again .....twisting my words to say something I have not said.

This exact earth that we are living on right now - is not trillions of years old.

Now go back and research all my postings and find what I have really said about this.

The right interpretation can make all the difference.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 May '12 22:17
    Originally posted by tim88
    This was said long before your post! if you were bothered reading what everyone else had to say you would know this? by the way your religion is fake!
    and i know that deep down you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    deep down I/we know it's all an illusion - is that what you're referring to?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 May '12 22:18

This exact earth that we are living on right now - is not trillions of years old.

Now go back and research all my postings and find what I have really said about this.

You are not acting like atheism has been "defeated" which is what you said about it.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 May '12 22:221 edit

The point he was making is that you and RJ have vastly differing views , where he was responding to RJ , who was kind of asserting that you have similar views on "cheating science".

FMF aint so bad. I bet he's actually one of the "good guys" out there.

He's got his own style and his own little idiosyncrasies- but then dont we all.

Dont you think mother India (Hinduism) is a little more diverse and accepting than you are - why do you think Buddhism took off so well in that country ?
    (Buddhism, which promoted free thinking has relatively flourished in a Hindu backdrop.)
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 May '12 04:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Oh please... I was raised Lutheran and spent 8 years, all my primary grades in a Lutheran school. Can you guess what we studied? You get three guesses and the first two don't count. Besides having spent time living with my Pentacostal grandmother.
    You were probably not mature enough at that time to understand, for even adults have trouble understanding many parts of the Holy Bible. It might be worth reading again and consulting a Bible Commentary book on the parts you have trouble with.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '12 04:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You were probably not mature enough at that time to understand, for even adults have trouble understanding many parts of the Holy Bible. It might be worth reading again and consulting a Bible Commentary book on the parts you have trouble with.
    gag me with a spoon.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 May '12 03:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    gag me with a spoon.
    🙂

Zappa,eh?
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 May '12 07:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    you mean like a bible tutorial? like some are stupid enough that they need translation?

jesus preached to the poor. the uneducated. the less fortunate. the simple. but here you stand, saying the bible was made unclear by god and we should all follow someone else's interpretation of it.

the sad thing is that you cannot be stupid. your chess rating sort of proves it. your life accomplishments (even if only half of them are true) prove it.
    no, you make a conscious choice to not use your brain out of fear you might end up in hell. as if god would punish you with eternal damnation for thinking evolution might have merits. so you ask "certified" bible interpreters to communicate god's word to you, just so you have someone to blame if by any chance that interpretation proves wrong.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '12 13:081 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you mean like a bible tutorial? like some are stupid enough that they need translation?

jesus preached to the poor. the uneducated. the less fortunate. the simple. but here you stand, saying the bible was made unclear by god and we should all follow someone else's interpretation of it.

the sad thing is that you cannot be stupid. your chess ra to you, just so you have someone to blame if by any chance that interpretation proves wrong.
    No, I am not suggesting such a thing. Today we live in a different culture than when Jesus spoke His words. Modern ideas sometimes obscure the original meaning of the text which was written in older languages. I guess you can imagine everyone today reading stories written in very old English, which is much different from our English today. Even todays American English is a little different from modern British English. Then we have the problem of translation errors that have occurred from people in 15 and 1600s trying to accurately translate text written in old Hebrew and old Greek by people that are not born into these languages. Sometimes consulting other people that have been educated in the language, idioms, and culture of these ancient people could be helpful when trying to solve verses of scripture that seem contradictory or hard to understand.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '12 13:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    🙂

Zappa,eh?
    Good old Frankie, RIP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree