1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 23:42
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I don't want to get personal but it's quite frightening to think you actually believe this!
    I can understand your skepticism. Trust me i know what this sounds like. But how would you try to explain love to a 14yr old boy that has grown up in a gang. All he has ever known is violence. Look at the gangs in Africa. The new members are forced to kill friends and family. Or a girl sold into slavery at a young age. Freedom, love, trust, these are all foreign concepts. So back to you, how can i relate my experiences? The reality of these? It is difficult at best.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 00:01
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    May I add a few thoughts that occur to me on this debate? The only darkness that you perceive is in your own heart and mind. The only good you perceive is in your own heart and mind. Where I see beauty someone else sees ugliness. When I fear the darkness another man sees hope. If I am in the valley of darkness I will ask he who is on top of the hill to she ...[text shortened]... d with moral good and Satan with immoral evil is, in my I opinion, misguided. All is subjective.
    I wish all you said was true. Unfortunately, only partly. Darkness (evil) and goodness begin in the heart, of each and every being that chooses. Free will. Hitler's free will corrupted him. It would be difficult to find the goodness in his choices. The men that parade as religious in the KKK, it would be difficult to find goodness in their actions against blacks.
    Mother Teresa and Ghandi, their actions spoke louder than words.
    All of these actions began in the heart. Either good or bad, it is the translation from the heart to the actions of the being, that affects us.
    The problem still remains, how can anyone effectively defend yourself. And simply, the answer to love.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 01:16
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I can understand your skepticism. Trust me i know what this sounds like. But how would you try to explain love to a 14yr old boy that has grown up in a gang. All he has ever known is violence. Look at the gangs in Africa. The new members are forced to kill friends and family. Or a girl sold into slavery at a young age. Freedom, love, trust, these are all fo ...[text shortened]... So back to you, how can i relate my experiences? The reality of these? It is difficult at best.
    A demon isn't a concept though. And although
    difficult those concepts you listed can be explained.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 01:19
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    A demon isn't a concept though. And although
    difficult those concepts you listed can be explained.
    Yes i am aware that the statement i made did not speak directly of demons, however, i implied them. Beings that choose and have free will
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 13:18
    had to laugh
    Then do laugh🙂

BTW, me knows no “demon” other than the representations of the egotistical pleasures, and this demon vanishes in front of understanding; I evaluate as "evil" whatever like a Murderer fulfills desires and the selfishness of man, and as "hell" the actual satisfaction of selfishness😵
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Oct '13 21:33
    Yes i am aware that the statement i made did not speak directly of demons, however, i implied them. Beings that choose and have free will
    So your analogy that compared demons (who are real to you)
    with concepts (love, freedom etc) is not a very good one is it?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 08:55
    ask away.

Don't feel bad, i'm too spiritual, maybe!!! LOL
    uh-oh, now you've done it.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 09:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Surely just about everything in any religion is unjustifiable nonsense? Why is belief in demons any more delusional than belief in a god?
    Good point .🙂
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 01:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    uh-oh, now you've done it.
    I was more than "committed" years ago.

Hey guys, if I can't laugh at myself!
    I have the professionals tell me "God doesn't do that anymore" and other phrases. I've always stated, "God is God, He can do what He wants." What am I speaking of? Talking to God and hearing Him.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 01:28
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Good point .🙂
    I've know many Christains, whom for years argue the existence of God with those who, like yourself, just don't believe. To me, I never saw the point of the arguing. If you are just as committed as I am to the opposite side of the post, you will be unmoved. The only thing I then speak of is being passionate to mankind. Compassion, is the key to all life. And doing nothing is the key to all death.

So I don't condemn, just because you don't think like I do.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 01:31
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Then do laugh🙂

BTW, me knows no “demon” other than the representations of the egotistical pleasures, and this demon vanishes in front of understanding; I evaluate as "evil" whatever like a Murderer fulfills desires and the selfishness of man, and as "hell" the actual satisfaction of selfishness😵
    It is good you don't know any demons. There are some people in the world that like to use demons to harm others. To them, it is fun.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 01:441 edit
    .. Compassion, is the key to all life. And doing nothing is the key to all death...
    I like that .. if I can rephrase : Love = life ; Passivity = Death
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 02:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I like that .. if I can rephrase : Love = life ; Passivity = Death
    All life is greater than any death.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 02:58
    It is good you don't know any demons. There are some people in the world that like to use demons to harm others. To them, it is fun.
    Don't you mean that the demons use people?

The Instructor
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 13:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't you mean that the demons use people?

The Instructor
    No, since demons are just a figment of the imagination, it is that people use demons. Like, to her 4 year old: You better get to sleep before the demons get you' or some such. And useful for adult control also, since back in the day, and even today, people are superstitious so invoking demons is a fine mechanism for control, even though there is no such thing as a non-human demon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree