1. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 12:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I was called a fundamentalist and they tried to basically laugh me out of this forum. Not many here, even the Christians, accept these things, as you say.
    Do you object to the word 'fundamentalist'? What does it mean to you? In my experience it is used to refer to people who take most of the Bible literally as opposed to Christians that take much of the Bible as 'guidelines' or generally not too seriously.

I for one think your beliefs are no more ridiculous than that of any other theist. In fact I find it quite curious how many theists make fun of other theists yet don't realize that they too hold similarly unreasonable beliefs.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 13:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you object to the word 'fundamentalist'? What does it mean to you? In my experience it is used to refer to people who take most of the Bible literally as opposed to Christians that take much of the Bible as 'guidelines' or generally not too seriously.

I for one think your beliefs are no more ridiculous than that of any other theist. In fact I find i ...[text shortened]... s make fun of other theists yet don't realize that they too hold similarly unreasonable beliefs.
    Yeah, the atheists are a much-more forgiving lot.
    They don't care what you don't believe...
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 13:29
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Yeah, the atheists are a much-more forgiving lot.
    They don't care what you don't believe...
    If I was to believe that my ideal mate could be found based on the position of the planets in certain constellations at the date of my birth, then such a belief would be no more or less ridiculous than most beliefs theists hold. Yet some people will consider one ridiculous and the other quite normal and respectable, and different people have different preferences for which of the two is ridiculous.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 17:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If I was to believe that my ideal mate could be found based on the position of the planets in certain constellations at the date of my birth, then such a belief would be no more or less ridiculous than most beliefs theists hold. Yet some people will consider one ridiculous and the other quite normal and respectable, and different people have different preferences for which of the two is ridiculous.
    then such a belief would be no more or less ridiculous than most beliefs theists hold.
    Couldn't agree more: many--- far too many--- Christians are woefully ignorant of doctrine, of even the basic tenets of their faith.

I, for one, am tickled pink by such a reality. While the preferred state is for every Christian to be founded on sound doctrine, to be progressively maturing in the grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, a casual observation of the activity of most Christians paints a different picture. And that picture is far from attractive: wrong assumptions leading to wrong principles leading to wrong action.

In fact, if you remove the moniker, a fairly large chunk of action issuing from Christians would be virtually indistinguishable from other unaffiliated activists with opposing views on whatever topic.

Sad state of affairs, given the joy, the beauty the Christian life is designed to impart on both the believer as well as those in the believers' periphery. Bitter-tears-sad.

So I dry my eyes and come up tickled pink. Huh?

How can there be anything good from willful or innocent ignorance, especially when the ignorance results in wrong action? Simply, such a state of affairs affirms the grace of God: even an idiot can be saved! Not just the idiot: even a person who willfully remains ignorant of the true nature of their calling, who adopts a path of making the world a better place, or in essence goes the exact opposite direction of grace, the exact opposite direction of knowing God... can be saved.

If that person made one qualifying decision, i.e., to exchange their work for the work done on the cross on their behalf by the Lord Jesus Christ--- no matter what direction they head after that--- that person has gained salvation.

No merit, no rigid entrance exams, no clue? No problem. Not good, certainly not desired or designed to simply gain salvation, but the buffoon who accepts that exchange wakes up after this life in heaven, face-to-face with God for eternity. The brilliant particle physicist who understood things on a level beyond mere mortal men, but who rejects the proposal offered by God? He wakes up separated from God for eternity. Likewise with the reverse, too.

The point, of course, is that salvation has nothing to do with anything beyond the basic knowledge described herein. That offers me no small amount of comfort, really.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 17:51
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]then such a belief would be no more or less ridiculous than most beliefs theists hold.
    Couldn't agree more: many--- far too many--- Christians are woefully ignorant of doctrine, of even the basic tenets of their faith.

I, for one, am tickled pink by such a reality. While the preferred state is for every Christian to be founded on sound d ...[text shortened]... beyond the basic knowledge described herein. That offers me no small amount of comfort, really.[/b]
    Thank you.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 01:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Can you give us just a tiny hint?
    A tiny hint.

There are two of us, he and i. I am more of the spiritual and he is more of the physical. Our Gifts compliment each other. I think of us like bookends on a shelf. They look the same, yet opposites. And all that God Is, is between us.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 02:32
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Ok thanks for that.
    1. Can you explain Guardians
    2. the nine choirs of angels ... is that just their battle-order or are they
    angels with separate powers?
    3. 7 Holy Angels of god? Aren't all angels holy and god's?
    4. Golden Lampstands ... are they creatures?
    5. Svenguls?
    6. Archdemons?

The rest I get.
    You'll have to forgive me wolfgang59, been working more hours than usual. Just couldn't spend the time it takes to respond to your question.

Nine Choirs of Angels. It is the title given to them, by whom i do not know. The nine basic groups of Angels. The higher orders, (my spelling will suck) Seruphim and Cherubim are closest to the presence of the Father. Seruphim virtually never leave the presence of God. Cherubim are seen in the scripture as holding a sword in the Garden of Eden after the sin of man.

It has been so long wolfgang59, i can't honestly remember the titles. I don't look at them in those titles.

The Angels i work with are the Cherubim, Dominion and Powers. I once wrote in my journal all the names of Angels i knew, the list was about 200.

The Seven Holy Angels. And yes wolfgang59, you are right that all Angels are holy and God's. These Seven are unique. They are all Archangels. Bible readers know three of them. Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel. Basically, they command. Faith, hope and love. I cannot explain it better than that.

Guardians. Everyone has one, some two and three. They cannot stop your free will. They constantly offer prayers up for their charges. (meaning you me and everyone else). Of the Nine Choirs they are considered the least, yet they are needed most. Michael was originally a Guardian Angel. Finally, on Guardians, during the great revolt in heaven, none of the guardians revolted.

Just a note, Archangels are found in all the choirs.

Fallen, those from heaven who revolted against God.

Archdemons, fallen Archangels.

Svenguls, the name an Angel called something we encountered during a spiritual battle. Bind a million demons together into a form, a blob if you will. The blob has its own spirit about it. It can see, hear, smell, move, and although has a mouth, never heard one speak before.

Golden Lampstands, there is more about them than i have time to type. The titles represent God's prophets.

I hope this will suffice.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 04:011 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Nine Choirs of Angels. It is the title given to them, by whom i do not know. The nine basic groups of Angels. The higher orders, (my spelling will suck) Seruphim and Cherubim are closest to the presence of the Fathe . The titles represent God's prophets.

The Golden Lampstands are the ones I'm interested in most.

And how often do you have Angels round for tea to discuss Svenguls?
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Nov '13 02:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The Golden Lampstands are the ones I'm interested in most.

And how often do you have Angels round for tea to discuss Svenguls?
    The Golden Lampstands represent two people. They are the Anointed Ones of God. They stand before God as Witnesses to the Truth. It has been said, they are like Elijah and Moses, in mind and spirit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree