1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 16:55
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Oh, you just wait. I'm working my way over to the Catholics. It won't be pretty either. Your surroundings are more aesthetically pleasing so I'll give you that.

I'm convinced that the need for OBEYING the magisterium will only increase after you gave us their quotes.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 17:01
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'll be happy to speed things along.

"From a canonical point of view, the bishop or religious superior is neither morally nor legally responsible for a criminal act committed by one of his clerics."
    --Rev. Gianfrano Ghirlanda, Dean at Gregorian University in Rome

How convenient. I wonder if the canon was designed that way, intentionally ...[text shortened]... en facilitate child molestation by employees, or if it just worked out that way serendipitously.

Is your boss responsible if you decided to rob a bank or molest a child ? Off course not ! Nobody would be able to employ anybody anymore. All bosses would go to jail sooner or later.

EDIT: What's serendipitously ?
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 17:26
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

What's serendipitously ?
    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=serendipitously+&x=22&y=18
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 17:30

Is your boss responsible if you decided to rob a bank or molest a child ?
    If my boss knew that I was a bank robber, supplied me with a gun and a getaway car, let me hide from the law in his basement, continuously relocated me to new offices in different cities when the heat caught up with me, paid off the banks I robbed to keep them from pressing criminal charges, all while preaching to spiritually needy people that bank robbing is a vice, yes, I would assert that that boss has some moral accountability.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 17:45
    "I apologize again for what we did or failed to do that led to your abuse." Archbishop Thomas Kelly. Louisville diocese paid out $25 million to victims.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 18:40
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If my boss knew that I was a bank robber, supplied me with a gun and a getaway car, let me hide from the law in his basement, continuously relocated me to new offices in different cities when the heat caught up with me, paid off the banks I robbed to keep them from pressing criminal charges, all while preaching to spiritually needy people that bank robbing is a vice, yes, I would assert that that boss has some moral accountability.

It's that what they did ? ...... deliver me Jesus !
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 18:45
    "I apologize again for what we did or failed to do that led to your abuse." Archbishop Thomas Kelly. Louisville diocese paid out $25 million to victims.
    Twenty five million American dollars ?
    You've got some very shrude and exotic businessmen in the US, I can tell you that.

Did this scandal affect you in the way you treat your "clients", Kirk. I mean not touching them EVER for instance. Not going to see someone without a third person present as a witness etc etc ?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 21:00
    Twenty five million American dollars ?
    You've got some very shrude and exotic businessmen in the US, I can tell you that.

Did this scandal affect you in the way you treat your "clients", Kirk. I mean not touching them EVER for instance. Not going to see someone without a third person present as a witness etc etc ?
    As I recall there were about 300 individuals receiving compensation in that settlement.

Touching is an excellent issue to discuss as it concerns appropiate boundaries. I frequently have the chance to talk to new ministry students about this issue. I have a couple of personal ground rules:

1) I never touch to meet my needs.
    2) I most often will shake hands upon meeting someone.
    3) I hug if there is a level of trust or I have been invited to.
    4) I will most often hold hands in prayer.
    5) I always try to touch the family pet as this is a good way to "make friends with the whole family."

I am most often in the company of others when I visit, so it's not really an issue. I can recall only one time where a male spouse of a female in the home asked me not to visit except when he was there as he did not want others to "get the wrong idea." O honored his request and thanked him for being honest. In their tradition, women do not show their legs or touch another man even in the most innocent of ways. Make-up is not allowed either. Women would never wear pants to church.
  9. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:09
    Was he talking about the 9/11 terrorists attacks?
    Yes they both were.

Nyxie
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:21
    As I recall there were about 300 individuals receiving compensation in that settlement.

Touching is an excellent issue to discuss as it concerns appropiate boundaries. I frequently have the chance to talk to new ministry students about this issue. I have a couple of personal ground rules:

1) I never touch to meet my needs.
    2) I most often will sh ...[text shortened]... most innocent of ways. Make-up is not allowed either. Women would never wear pants to church.

Thanks for answering the question.

I can assure you that Roman-Catholic priests are very careful now, and not only in the States.

Have you heard of the Lubbers case at the UN ? He had to withdraw from his post as UN High Commissioner of the Refugees because of accusations of "sexual harrassment". He touched a woman's back ..... go figure.

Kirk: "5) I always try to touch the family pet as this is a good way to "make friends with the whole family."

People have very extraordinary pets these days ...... please be careful Kirk ........ 😀

12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:42

Thanks for answering the question.

I can assure you that Roman-Catholic priests are very careful now, and not only in the States.

Have you heard of the Lubbers case at the UN ? He had to withdraw from his post as UN High Commissioner of the Refugees because of accusations of "sexual harrassment". He touched a woman's back ..... go figure.

Ki ...[text shortened]...

People have very extraordinary pets these days ...... please be careful Kirk ........ 😀

I leave the Chihuahuas alone. I think there was more to the Lubbers case than just that. I 've heard of rampant use of prostitutes by UN personnel.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:45
    Why was my Dick Cheney quote moderated? He is well-supported by the religious right and I believe that his quote should have stayed as I put astericks for half of the "f" word. It speaks to his spiritual state which I believe this forum is about. God bless.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:511 edit
    I leave the Chihuahuas alone. I think there was more to the Lubbers case than just that. I 've heard of rampant use of prostitutes by UN personnel.
    😲

There will be an investigation ..... again. Lubbers feels he has been treated unjustly and wants to clear his name. We'll just have to see what this investigation will reveal. Not much I think. Certain parties wanted him gone ...... Bush for instance.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 20:57
    😲

There will be an investigation ..... again. Lubbers feels he has been treated unjustly and wants to clear his name. We'll just have to see what this investigation will reveal. Not much I think. Certain parties wanted him gone ...... Bush for instance.
    I certainly hope this outlandish moderation will be investigated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree