1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '15 12:49
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No. you can be an agnostic theist, if you believe a god or gods exist but don't claim to know
    that a god or gods exist.

Generally speaking however people who choose to identify as an agnostic lack a belief in god/s and
    are therefore by definition not theists [people who believe in god/s] and the label for people who are
    not-theists is atheist.

Quite why DT can't grasp this eludes me.
    What about people who say "I just don't know what to believe", or who say "I do not believe in God, but I also do not NOT believe in God, either." They truly feel "on the fence" and feel they could go either way.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 May '15 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What about people who say "I just don't know what to believe", or who say "I do not believe in God, but I also do not NOT believe in God, either." They truly feel "on the fence" and feel they could go either way.
    If you do not know what to believe [with respect to the question of the existence of god/s] then
    you evidently do not currently hold the belief that god or gods exist.

As such you are not currently a theist, [a person who holds the belief that god or gods exist].

Thus you are currently an a-theist [somebody who is not a theist].

There are three positions you can have with respect to the question of belief of a proposition.

1) You can believe the proposition is true.

2) You can lack a belief either way.

3) You can belief the proposition is false.

If your answer is no: 1 with respect to the question "do you believe a god or gods exist?" then you are a theist.
    All other positions are not theistic, and are thus atheistic.

Being an atheist does not require or imply that you be certain or convinced of anything.
    It does not require or imply that you are closed minded or not seeking to find out the answer.
    It does not require or imply that you believe that god/s don't exist.

ALL it means is that you currently lack a belief in the existence of god/s.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '15 08:43
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    DT is asking about the ability to change your mind [which is necessary for 'free will'] as
    opposed to the advisedness of changing your mind.

If it's not possible for you [or Hinds, or anyone else] to change your minds then you do not have free will.
    This is true even if you had free will at some point in the past.
    I still have the ability to change my mind, but at this point in time, I choose not to, just as you do.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 May '15 20:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As we gain more accurate (read Bible) knowledge, we are able to make a decision as to whether God exists and and also that He cares for us.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 May '15 04:37
    There are two theological lines of thought on the " Sons of God" reference in Genesis 6 and in other places where this term is used it is in reference to angels but some believe the sons of God reference is in reference to the sons of Seth but in the context of Genesis 6 it doesn't make sense.

Manny
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '15 06:07
    Originally posted by menace71
    There are two theological lines of thought on the " Sons of God" reference in Genesis 6 and in other places where this term is used it is in reference to angels but some believe the sons of God reference is in reference to the sons of Seth but in the context of Genesis 6 it doesn't make sense.

Manny
    Yes, on page 3, I made reference to a Pastor that gives a sermon about the age of the earth and he has that view of the sons of God. Here is a reprint of that post:

Originally posted by RJHinds
    A Pastor adds the years from the first man until today to show the earth and man are about 6,250 years old.

He also believes that the Nephilim giants are not the children of the union of angels and humans, and that the meaning of the "sons of God" taking wives of the "daughters of men" only means that the descendants of Adam that still believed in God took wives from the daughters of the men that did not believe in God. He gives good arguments for these beliefs.

Of course, he also does not believe in the Gap theory that says there may be millions or billions of years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

YouTube
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 05:23
    Ancient Giants - Suppressed Archeology

YouTube
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 06:26
    Ancient Giants - Suppressed Archeology
    Earlier in the thread I think you were saying that the Nephilim where among us again, is that correct?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 07:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Earlier in the thread I think you were saying that the Nephilim where among us again, is that correct?
    No, I never said that.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 13:231 edit
    No, I never said that.
    From your OP.

Nephilim Here Again In Last Days As Bible Prophecy Says?

YouTube
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 18:01
    From your OP.

[b]Nephilim Here Again In Last Days As Bible Prophecy Says?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udGkzqSs1
    [/b]
    I did not say anything there. That is a title to a Youtube video and I gave a reference to it, numbnuts. 😏
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 18:06
    I did not say anything there. That is a title to a Youtube video and I gave a reference to it, numbnuts. 😏
    So the point of your OP was what exactly?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '15 18:07
    Please come back Robbie.

😞
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 May '15 18:20
    Please come back Robbie.

😞
    OMG!

😲
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '15 21:27
    So the point of your OP was what exactly?
    The point is to get opinions about the Fallen Angels, Demons and Nephilim Giants. What are your opinions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree