Depressed Again

Depressed Again

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
26 Oct 10
1 edit

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Getting off the subject here a little, I have a question. How did this so called first living thing that started in that magical pond eons ago when all the right goodies all came together, survive? I mean the conditions no doubt were pretty rank and uncomfortable to say the least and with what artist always seems to do a rendering of when this thing beca ...[text shortened]... Robbie and Joseph and other like us can really be taught something. Here's your chance.....
If you really want to know the current theories and evidence with regard to the origins of life, i suggest you read a book by Nick Lane called Life Ascending:The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution , it's just won the Royal Society Prize for Science Books.

In short, the answer is pretty technical. It's pretty complex molecular biology, and not something i understand too well.

Incidentally the first life forms on this planet were bacteria, prokaryotes to be exact, which differ form eukaryotes which have a cell nuclei and other membrane bound organelles. Fossilised prokaryotes have been found dating back 3.5 billion years, the Cambrian explosion occured around 530 million years ago, so for 3 billion years there was nothing but simple celled bacteria living on this planet.

rc

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
If you really want to know the current theories and evidence with regard to the origins of life, i suggest you read a book by Nick Lane called Life Ascending:The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution , it's just won the Royal Society Prize for Science Books.

In short, the answer is pretty technical. It's pretty complex molecular biology, and not so ...[text shortened]... go, so for 3 billion years there was nothing but simple celled bacteria living on this planet.
well well, i told you you were religious, accepting a mere premise without actually fully understanding it, what's next for the church of reason and logic, offering incense to an effigy of Darwin?

rc

Moves
26 Oct 10

where did Tacos post go, have you tyrants and intolerant imbeciles been whining up to the forum mods again, shame on you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Oct 10

In short, the answer is pretty technical. It's pretty complex molecular biology, and not so ...[text shortened]... go, so for 3 billion years there was nothing but simple celled bacteria living on this planet.
So first, why the sudden explosion and going back to my first question according to evolution there was (1) first life form that started the whole thing or was it multiple life forms that started the process?
If it was just one that started it, how could it have survived the environment it was in without being killed or hurt? Seems the odds would have been a gazillion to one that it would make it especially as long as it would have made it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
where did Tacos post go, have you tyrants and intolerant imbeciles been whining up to the forum mods again, shame on you.
Yes he's gone. He told me he's been kicked out again...

rc

Moves
26 Oct 10
1 edit

its really a great pity and a sad reflection of the intolerance of the forum, the life has been sucked out of it by non spirituality, comeback Jaywill, all is forgiven, come back Epiphanes we can talk about hell, the trinity, anything you want. My goodness even Raj in the beginning had some spiritual ideas before he got to posting apostasy.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
well well, i told you you were religious, accepting a mere premise without actually fully understanding it, what's next for the church of reason and logic, offering incense to an effigy of Darwin?
I couldn't tell you exactly how the internal combustion engine in my car works, i couldn't tell you exactly how my tv works, i couldn't tell you how my brain works, i can't tell you exactly how the internet works, or my mobile phone for that matter.

So what if i'm not a molecular biologist and i don't understand the intricacies of this complex scienctific field well enough to explain it to someone over the internet?

Yet again you've failed to demonstrate you know the definition of a word. Religion isn't built on 'not properly understanding something', it's built on a lack of evidence full stop.

t

Moves
26 Oct 10

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
26 Oct 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You get kicked out because you annoy the crap out of everyone by posting in every single thread.
Give it a rest in one or two of them and you might get a more measured reception.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Oct 10

So first, why the sudden explosion and going back to my first question according to evolution there was (1) first life form that started the whole thing or was it multiple life forms that started the process?
If it was just one that started it, how could it have survived the environment it was in without being killed or hurt? Seems the odds would have been a gazillion to one that it would make it especially as long as it would have made it.
Firstly, it wasn't an explosion that's a misonmer. Everything you could wish to know is here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

As far as we understand, all life on this planet has a common ancestor.

Prokaryotes are extremely durable and can live in all manner of harsh conditions, as long as there is water, they can survive.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Oct 10
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Welcome back... Who keeps doing it to you?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Oct 10

Maybe not...........

rc

Moves
26 Oct 10

I couldn't tell you exactly how the internal combustion engine in my car works, i couldn't tell you exactly how my tv works, i couldn't tell you how my brain works, i can't tell you exactly how the internet works, or my mobile phone for that matter.

So what if i'm not a molecular biologist and i don't understand the intricacies of this complex scienct ...[text shortened]... n 'not properly understanding something', it's built on a lack of evidence full stop.
yes but you have not put faith in the internal combustion engine have you so that it reflects your understanding of life, have you? (you really should know how a car engine works any way, didn't they have engineering science when you were at school?)

rc

Moves
26 Oct 10

Originally posted by amannion
You get kicked out because you annoy the crap out of everyone by posting in every single thread.
Give it a rest in one or two of them and you might get a more measured reception.
why should he be subject to the whimms of those intent on sucking the life of the forum with NON spirituality,