1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 22:49
    Originally posted by amannion
    You get kicked out because you annoy the crap out of everyone by posting in every single thread.
    Give it a rest in one or two of them and you might get a more measured reception.
    Yo, dude, I cannot help that my time on this site is when you all are in fairytale land, dreaming your funky thoughts of Darwin and the Monkeys.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 22:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why should he be subject to the whimms of those intent on sucking the life of the forum with NON spirituality,
    To be honest I don't care if he posts in every thread.
    I don't care if you post in every thread.
    It'd just be nice to read something different for a change ... or something that I actually could understand as an English sentence.

And I'm always happy to talk about spirituality and not all this religious bs.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 22:571 edit
    To be honest I don't care if he posts in every thread.
    I don't care if you post in every thread.
    It'd just be nice to read something different for a change ... or something that I actually could understand as an English sentence.

And I'm always happy to talk about spirituality and not all this religious bs.
    its not about caring, its about freedom of expression and i too would like to read something with a spiritual content, but one has to do battle with all manner of hindrances before one can even plant a seed and then, when the little sapling has been watered and nurtured along comes a number eleven and stamps it down with non spirituality! Look at my efforts with my friend dear Noobster, i am even trying to get him to think of his atheism in spiritual terms.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 22:58
    yes but you have not put faith in the internal combustion engine have you so that it reflects your understanding of life, have you? (you really should know how a car engine works any way, didn't they have engineering science when you were at school?)
    I accept the evidence i have read, it made sense when the author was explaining it to me though the text in the book. But as i said i'm not a molecular biologist and the concepts are not something i am used to. So instead of my half arsed atempts at trying to explain something i read a while ago i gave Galvo the book title so you he can read it if he wants to, which i doubt he will.

I broadly understand how a car engine works, it's the combustion bi that gets me. Spark, petrol, pistons, motion. Something like that.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:022 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I accept the evidence i have read, it made sense when the author was explaining it to me though the text in the book. But as i said i'm not a molecular biologist and the concepts are not something i am used to. So instead of my half arsed atempts at trying to explain something i read a while ago i gave Galvo the book title so you he can read it if he wan ...[text shortened]... rks, it's the combustion bi that gets me. Spark, petrol, pistons, motion. Something like that.
    i forget, it was like twenty odd years ago, induction, compression, ignition and exhaust or something like that, two strokes are different and rotary engines different still. i loved engineering science when i was at school, it was applied mechanics, not like physics which was practically useless.
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:031 edit
    well said

the "like physics which was practically useless." part..
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:05
    its not about caring, its about freedom of expression and i too would like to read something with a spiritual content, but one has to do battle with all manner of hindrances before one can even plant a seed and then, when the little sapling has been watered and nurtured along comes a number eleven and stamps it down with non spirituality! Look at my ...[text shortened]... my friend dear Noobster, i am even trying to get him to think of his atheism in spiritual terms.
    No sorry, I don't think freedom of expression gives anyone the right to completely blanket conversations with their viewpoint. Granted, I think the viewpoint is mindless and that clouds my judgement somewhat, and I'm always free to turn off and go somewhere else, but I don't think it's appropriate that a viewpoint (whatever it might be) is able to hijack every single conversation.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:072 edits
    where did Tacos post go, have you tyrants and intolerant imbeciles been whining up to the forum mods again, shame on you.
    When I sober up I may have a twinge of regret for saying this but the guy is a pillock (though not so much a pillock as Vishvahetu), not that I personally reported him to the mods but for those that did they have done us a good service (though the effect was short lived since he's back again)...I salute them!
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:11
    No sorry, I don't think freedom of expression gives anyone the right to completely blanket conversations with their viewpoint. Granted, I think the viewpoint is mindless and that clouds my judgement somewhat, and I'm always free to turn off and go somewhere else, but I don't think it's appropriate that a viewpoint (whatever it might be) is able to hijack every single conversation.
    And, I am to withhold if I feel moved to someone's statement, regardless how many I have posted already? Why that? Why should I not express how I view what is viewed to reply TO?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:12
    why not?, if its relevant then all is good and well, if not, we can just blank it and no harm done. Its a difficult thing to state with any certainty, for indeed there are instances in life when one comes upon a personality who tends to dominate conversation, worst still, it happens in so called polite and civilised society, what if the person happens to be a crashing bore, do you just tell them to shut up and tell a funnier story? Also i do not think that it takes into consideration Tacos circumstances, for he has stated that he posts from an internet cafe, having no doubt limited time and resources, therfore he is like a man who has something important to express and wants to express it as best he can, indeed, trying to understand the circumstances of others is surely a way to be more tolerant of their idiosyncrasies.
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:14
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    And, I am to withhold if I feel moved to someone's statement, regardless how many I have posted already? Why that? Why should I not express how I view what is viewed to reply TO?
    Feel free to day whatever you like - I know I do - but change the tune occasionally, please.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:141 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    When I sober up I may have a twinge of regret for saying this but the guy is a pillock (though not so much a pillock as Vishvahetu), not that I personally reported him to the mods but for those that did they have done us a good service (though the effect was short lived since he's back again)...I salute them!
    i hope you wake up with a fluffy mouth and no irn bru in site to quench that thirst, a desert region it will be, and no wonder, drinking oodles of Bulgarian plonk! they do not deserve to be saluted but named and shamed!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:173 edits
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    well said

the "like physics which was practically useless." part..
    shhhhh we are in the presence of a physics teacher, we should be respectful for to be sure, it is a vast subject requiring much understanding.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:22
    why not?, if its relevant then all is good and well, if not, we can just blank it and no harm done. Its a difficult thing to state with any certainty, for indeed there are instances in life when one comes upon a personality who tends to dominate conversation, worst still, it happens in so called polite and civilised society, what if the person happe ...[text shortened]... erstand the circumstances of others is surely a way to be more tolerant of their idiosyncrasies.
    That's true and bizarrely sounds very moderate of you - this doesn't sound like the Robbie of old.
    Maybe it's my distance and the time zones and all that - me being here in the antipodes - but I easily lose track of conversations from day to day and from week to week. I also don't trawl through threads to read every single post, so haven't seen T&L giving his background and circumstances. Perhaps I am being a little intolerant.
    For that I apologise to you, and - I'm sure you're out there T & L - to him as well.

I still wish he'd work on his language use ...
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 23:22
    why not?, if its relevant then all is good and well, if not, we can just blank it and no harm done. Its a difficult thing to state with any certainty, for indeed there are instances in life when one comes upon a personality who tends to dominate conversation, worst still, it happens in so called polite and civilised society, what if the person happe ...[text shortened]... erstand the circumstances of others is surely a way to be more tolerant of their idiosyncrasies.
    That's true and bizarrely sounds very moderate of you - this doesn't sound like the Robbie of old.
    Maybe it's my distance and the time zones and all that - me being here in the antipodes - but I easily lose track of conversations from day to day and from week to week. I also don't trawl through threads to read every single post, so haven't seen T&L giving his background and circumstances. Perhaps I am being a little intolerant.
    For that I apologise to you, and - I'm sure you're out there T & L - to him as well.

I still wish he'd work on his language use ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree