Did Christ teach the local church?

Did Christ teach the local church?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Does anyone else need to see responses again to these re-cycled charges?
You've got a decent singing voice, you shouldn't be wasting it by being in here.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18

Does anyone else need to see responses again to these re-cycled charges?
When Jesus speaks clearly, you should stop trying to twist what he says to match your church doctrine. That bad habit will get you into seriously trouble.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
You continue to lick your wounds ... serves you right for believing in such a multitude of false nonsensical unbiblical doctrines.

There are two kinds of born-again. There is born of water. There is born of the spirit.

Born of water is baptism and it is at this point the Christians sometimes [though not always] receives Gods Spirit to guide them. This ...[text shortened]... existence for over 2000 years. You are excited becuase you are only now discovering it... cool.
I see you’re lashing out and insulting your fellow Christians again. What is it with you? Is this the behavior of someone who has God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him or is this the behavior of someone who is living in the flesh?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
You've got a decent singing voice, you shouldn't be wasting it by being in here.
Come on Divegeester.

One minute you say I should be running hysterically through the streets yelling "Hell Fire! Hell Fire!" every waking hour, to be a worthy servant of Christ.

The next minute I should be singing more than helping some people in here how to believe the word of God.

Thankyou for the compliment.
If you think I have good singing voice I think it is only because of much singing with such a wonderful thing in my heart to SING about.

Eventually it started to sound not too bad I guess.

If anyone is interested - My collection of Scriptures put to song:

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

The church in Corinth:

After the book of Romans lays out the basic doctrines of the Christian faith we come to the book of First Corinthians. We come to the typical Christian church.

When I speak of the normal church life some may imagine that I mean a church life with no problems - a kind of Christian utopia. No. by God's sovereignty we get a window into a TYPICAL Christian church, a local church indeed - "the church of God which is in Corinth".

She is indeed full of problems. But what I would like to recommend as very significant - the very FIRST of the problems Paul addresses first is their oneness in the city of Corinth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

The first situation Paul the masterbuilder of an apostle KNOWS that he must address is the unity of the Christians in the city of Corinth.

"For it has been made clear to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of the household of Chloe, that there are strifes among you.

Now I mean this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ.

is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for You? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul? " (1 Cor. 1:11-13)

'Welcome to the typical local church. The first problem is that there must be a realization that Christ in Corinth is not divided."

Moves
19 Feb 18
1 edit

Come on Divegeester.

One minute you say I should be running hysterically through the streets yelling [b]"Hell Fire! Hell Fire!"
every waking hour, to be a worthy servant of Christ.

The next minute I should be singing more than helping some people in here how to believe the word of God.

Thankyou for the compliment.
If you think I hav ...[text shortened]... interested - My collection of Scriptures put to song:

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore[/b]
My point was sincerely made, but yes it is linked to the juxtaposition of you being a believer in eternal torture and yet hoping to win souls in here with a handful of hard-asses and already saved people, when there are billions out there in the streets, towns and halls.

It’s bizarre, if not tragic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 18

My point was sincerely made, but yes it is linked to the juxtaposition of you being a believer in eternal torture and yet hoping to win souls in here with a handful of hard-asses and already saved people, when there are billions out there in the streets, towns and halls.

It’s bizarre, if not tragic.
And I thanked you.

Now, I reserve some time for people who read from you that there is no three-one God. I help them see that there certainly is a mysterious three-one God.

Perhaps you'd rather I leave them to your opinion and go away to preach salvation from the lake of fire. The point is not without some merit.

But you see, when they do get saved or are about to, and come hear you stumble and weaken their faith telling them that God is not Father-Son-Holy Spirit, that is a concern to us also.

You're just going to have to get use to the fact that I spend some time here.

Moves
19 Feb 18

And I thanked you.

Now, I reserve some time for people who read from you that there is no three-one God. I help them see that there certainly is a mysterious three-one God.

Perhaps you'd rather I leave them to your opinion and go away to preach salvation from the lake of fire. The point is not without some merit.

But you see, when they do get save ...[text shortened]... rn to us also.

You're just going to have to get use to the fact that I spend some time here.
I don’t want you to leave I just don’t think that you really believe what you say you believe, if you did you wouldn’t be in here, I know I wouldn’t.

As for the trinity, it’s almost irrelevant, it’s not a salvation issue.

Or.....is it sonship? Never got you to admit that did I...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I see you’re lashing out and insulting your fellow Christians again. What is it with you? Is this the behavior of someone who has God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him or is this the behavior of someone who is living in the flesh?
You, sonship and a couple others are not fellow Christians.
For me, Christians are followers of the commandments of Christ.
You already said pretty clearly that you dont believe in that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18
3 edits

The Triune God is the church's full salvation whether you believe the Father-Son-Holy Spirit or not.

"One Body and one Spirit,
One Lord,
one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all,
who is over all and through all and in all. " (Eph. 4:4-6)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18
2 edits

" Almost irrelevant?" Some progress ?

I do recall that I NEVER got you to admit that John 14:23 says the Father and the Son as the Divine "WE" will come and make an abode with the lovers of Christ.

I remember that bit of stubborn resistance.

I do remember not getting you to admit that the Divine "Us" is in John 17:21.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18

There you go again, bearing false witness against me again. How is that following Christ’s commandments?

I never said I don’t believe in following Christ’s commandments. I said salvation is obtained by believing in and accepting Jesus Christ into one’s heart. Once someone does that, he or she receives God’s Holy Spirit, which changes their hearts and behavior so “good works” and following Christ’s commands naturally follow.

You’re trying to do that on your own and it’s not working.

Moves
20 Feb 18

What is the name of your cult?

Moves
20 Feb 18

" Almost irrelevant?" Some progress ?

I do recall that I NEVER got you to admit that [b]John 14:23
says the Father and the Son as the Divine "WE" will come and make ...[text shortened]... .

I do remember not getting you to admit that the Divine "Us" is in John 17:21.[/b]
Dodge noted.