Did Christ teach the local church?

Did Christ teach the local church?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @dj2becker
What is the name of your cult?
He may be too isolated and individualistic to belong to any group. I don't think he could get along with another Bible reader.

He is not teachable and he trusts no one but himself.

He may have "fallen out" with some group in the past and remained isolated ever since. (I'm pretty sure he was a learner under Russelites or Jehovah Witnesses once). Maybe he got regenerated in spite of that and is confused ever since.

That would have been God's mercy. One can get saved while in the JWs. But they probably would detect it and send you away eventually if you didn't talk right to them.

Some people cannot be balanced by others or tempered by others.

Moves
20 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
He may be too isolated and individualistic to belong to any group. I don't think he could get along with another Bible reader. He is not teachable and he trusts no one but himself....Some people cannot be balanced by others or tempered by others.
You of all people... 😞

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
You of all people... 😞
Elaborate. I am opened to criticism.

Is "You of all people ..." and a little graphic favorite make your point?

I have told this Forum before, that a turning point in my spiritual life was when I prayed to God - "Lord put me with some people who can help me grow spiritually."

I said that God answered that prayer. They have been taking care of me for years. And I do not mean just in the way of adding more and more knowledge to the head.

God was faithful to that prayer for Christians to HELP me.
He answered that prayer. Even if I was not always too faithful, He remained faithful.

I cannot make it alone anymore.
Its quite good to be in the Body life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18

Dive, Do you remember a thread I had once "Don't Be Too Hard On Yourself"?

Do you remember that thread? The reason I started that thread was because I KNOW a lot of self blame happens with Christians when they are too hard on themselves. They need COMPANIONS. They need HELPERS along side of them.

They need what the Bible calls "building". Don't be too hard on yourself. You are weak in some areas simply because you are not built up and knit together with some others.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18
1 edit

My thread "Don't Be Too Hard On Yourself" came from experience.

The Christian life should be a corporate life. It is a life of being built up together in mutual help, mutual edification, mutual assistance in prayer and petitioning for one another.

It a life of being balanced by others. These are brothers in Christ and sisters in Christ. They are not perfect as YOU are not perfect, as I am not either.

This is God blessing unity and horizontal fellowship. See Psalm 133 a short psalm on the blessing of life coming down upon the spiritual oneness.

Sometimes we are just weak because we insist on going it alone. Dusty, imperfect, companions seem a bother. Why should I listen to THEM.

The local church life has taught me that there is vertical blessing which is limited - coming down from God in heaven. The believer surely needs that. But God will not do everything for you that way. He won't. He will withhold some blessing from you until you are together in agape love with some other Christians, who themselves need you too.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 18

He may be too isolated and individualistic to belong to any group. I don't think he could get along with another Bible reader.

He is not teachable and he trusts no one but himself.

He may have "fallen out" with some group in the past and remained isolated ever since. (I'm pretty sure he was a learner under Russelites or Jehovah Witnesses once). Mayb ...[text shortened]... ou didn't talk right to them.

Some people cannot be balanced by others or tempered by others.
Goats dont teach Sheep.
You are a goat. You dont hear when Jesus speaks.
Christ's sheep hears His voice only.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27 KJV)

You hear others who preach mouth worship and false doctrine.

Moves
20 Feb 18

Elaborate. I am opened to criticism.
No one is talking about criticism, not sure why you are obfuscating with that.

How do you think you have shown yourself to be "teachable" in here sonship?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
What is the name of your cult?
Its called 'Sheep of Jesus'

Read about us in John 10

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18
4 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
Goats dont teach Sheep.
You are a goat. You dont hear when Jesus speaks.
Christ's sheep hears His voice only.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (John 10:27 KJV)

You hear others who preach mouth worship and false doctrine.
I teach among other things, the entire chapter of Romans 10. There is not a false doctrine to be found anywhere in that chapter.

And the portion that you don't like is not a false doctrine.

"But what does it say? The word is near you, in your MOUTH ..."

Sorry !!

" ... The word is near you, in your MOUTH and in your heart, that is, THE WORD OF THE FAITH WHICH WE PROCLAIM"

Sorry !!

"That is the word of the faith which we proclaim.

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Sorry!

Now if YOU want to twist that to accuse me of saying that I teach righteous living is of no value, or of no profit, or not a part of God's plan, THAT is YOUR false assumption

But the apostolic teaching is -

"For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (See Rom. 10:8-10)

You want to change it to say something else Rajk999? Then you get out a White Out and pen and change it to say whatever you want it to say. But that is what the Apostle Paul wrote under the inspiration of the Spirit of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18

Its called 'Sheep of Jesus'

Read about us in John 10
You mean the John 10 where Jesus says that He has other sheep which are not of this fold? But that He will lead them and that there will be one flock ?

How often do you meet with some other sheep of Jesus?
Yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, NEVER ??

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 18

You mean the [b]John 10 where Jesus says that He has other sheep which are not of this fold? But that He will lead them and that there will be one flock ?

How often do you meet with some other sheep of Jesus?
Yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, NEVER ??[/b]
I meet with Jesus's sheep daily.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18

I meet with Jesus's sheep daily.
For what purpose? To praise and worship Christ through the singing of hymns and prayers? To fellowship with and support each other? To give tithes?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 18

I teach among other things, the entire chapter of [b]Romans 10. There is not a false doctrine to be found anywhere in that chapter.

And the portion that you don't like is not a false doctrine.

"But what does it say? The word is near you, in your MOUTH ..."

Sorry !!

[quote] " ... The word is near you, in your M ...[text shortened]... t it to say. But that is what the Apostle Paul wrote under the inspiration of the Spirit of God.
Are you listening to Christ? I dont think so. Recently you started an entire thread devoted to condemning what Jesus said here :

The fate of Sheep and WHY they entered the Kingdom of God and
the fate of the Goats and why they were cast out.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them,

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying,

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 18

Are you listening to Christ? I dont think so. Recently you started an entire thread devoted to condemning what Jesus said here :

The fate of Sheep and WHY they entered the Kingdom of God and
the fate of the Goats and why they were cast out.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the ...[text shortened]... way into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV)
I think Jesus is simply speaking to human beings in ways that they can understand. Given all the times Jesus said to believe on Him and in Him and that without Him, you can do nothing, He in the quoted passage is illustrating the fruit that believing in Him produces.

It’s clear even in the Old Testament that God does not judge as man judges:

“But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.“

(1 Samuel 16:7)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
For what purpose? To praise and worship Christ through the singing of hymns and prayers? To fellowship with and support each other? To give tithes?
No. Goats engage in mouthworship.
Sheep engage in good works.