1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 23:33
    Originally posted by Agerg
    My failure to believe in your god does not mean I have to prove he doesn't exist. I don't see how you made that particular step.

To see the silliness in demanding a proof, suppose I say that I hit upon a marvellous proof he doesn't exist and hid it somewhere no one will find it...can you prove I didn't? πŸ˜•
    You and all the creation around you is more then enough proof he exist...........
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 00:113 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You and all the creation around you is more then enough proof he exist...........
    Thats a bit of a lousy standard you set for proof galveston!...perhaps what you meant to say is that the world around us is suggestive, to you, that some god (not necessarily the one you believe in) exists.

I on the other hand do not see the world around us as indicative of a supernatural being. Indeed, if I did then I would then have to consider that if I ever got to see the supposed afterlife, then that too, in all it's wonder, would be indicative itself of an even more supreme being...and so on...
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 04:12
    How can you say he does not exist when he's a spirit? Can you prove he doesn't?
    You demand scientific proof that he doesn't exist?
    Can you deliver scientific proof that he does exist?
    No you cannot, because science and religion cannot mix.

It surprise me though that you demand proof of his non-existance. Are your faith so low?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 16:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You demand scientific proof that he doesn't exist?
    Can you deliver scientific proof that he does exist?
    No you cannot, because science and religion cannot mix.

It surprise me though that you demand proof of his non-existance. Are your faith so low?
    I don't actually need proof that he doesn't exist because there is no proof that he doesn't exist. But everything around you proves he does.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 18:28
    I don't actually need proof that he doesn't exist because there is no proof that he doesn't exist. But everything around you proves he does.
    how?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '10 19:38
    Everything around me proves - what? No, it doesn't. In your religious mind, perhaps, but not in reality.

If you disagree, please, give an indisputable example.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 00:27
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    how?
    By the incrediable complexities of life, the universe, etc, etc, etc. But you probably think it all just happened by chance?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 00:35
    By the incrediable complexities of life, the universe, etc, etc, etc. But you probably think it all just happened by chance?
    Lets focus on the things we do agree onπŸ™‚

I dont think it happened by chance either...
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 00:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Lets focus on the things we do agree onπŸ™‚

I dont think it happened by chance either...
    Thanks...You go first.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 04:25
    Why do you consider complexity as a proof of god? I don't think it's a proof.
    I ask for an indesputible proof, and you delivered an opinion. That's not a proof.

Try again.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 07:01
    Why do you consider complexity as a proof of god? I don't think it's a proof.
    I ask for an indesputible proof, and you delivered an opinion. That's not a proof.

Try again.
    Would it take him striking you dead before you'd think he's real? Do you have any clue as to how many have scoffed at God or even say he doesn't exist much less not give him the honor he should be given for all he has made for us and yes even for you?
    “I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.” (Eze 38:23)

YouTube&feature=related

YouTube&NR=1&feature=fvwp
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 07:04
    YouTube&feature=related

Oh my..this is hilarious. He is so lost I almost feel sorry for him.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 07:11
    Would it take him striking you dead before you'd think he's real? Do you have any clue as to how many have scoffed at God or even say he doesn't exist much less not give him the honor he should be given for all he has made for us and yes even for you?
    “I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many na ...[text shortened]... v=SJoOhbf3_Ts&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkxpTIbCIw&NR=1&feature=fvwp
    If you don't have any indisputable proofs of gods existance, then why don't you just say so. Your opinions are no proofs, and that you should know.

What you think is obvious, the rest of the world doesn't. Your opinion is worth as much as anyone elses. When you've realized this, then you have reach another stop of your maturity.

Whyn you are unsure of yourself, you do some verse dropping. Well, that's your teller. fine with me. But can't you stand for your own opinions?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 07:21
    If you don't have any indisputable proofs of gods existance, then why don't you just say so. Your opinions are no proofs, and that you should know.

What you think is obvious, the rest of the world doesn't. Your opinion is worth as much as anyone elses. When you've realized this, then you have reach another stop of your maturity.

Whyn you are unsure ...[text shortened]... opping. Well, that's your teller. fine with me. But can't you stand for your own opinions?
    Lol...... That's your problem my friend as is with many. If you can't touch it, see it, smell it then it does not exist. How superficial to live like that it seems to me. It's like something in your heart has been disconected from the wonderment of the universe and wha tGod has made for all to see. I don't mean that in a bad way to you personally but when I look up at the stars at night and try to wrap my mind around the hugeness of what I can barely see with my tiny human eyes, it just baffles me that some just don't see that and feel a connection and a feeling of amazement to God.
    I just don't understand a human not feeling that way to our creator.
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 07:47
    “…By the incrediable complexities of life, the universe, etc, etc, etc….”

What has complexity got to do with it? The complexity in reality is simply generated from natural laws acting on matter and energy in the universe.

“…But you probably think it all just happened by chance?...”

No, I do not. All that complexity is generated from natural laws such as natural laws causing evolution that, in turn, create the complexity of living systems. Those processes (such as evolution but there are also various physical processes) themselves do not “just happen by chance” but rather they are an inevitable consequence of natural laws. Although those processes have some random elements, it is not necessarily those random elements themselves that generate those processes and those same processes also have a certain level of predictability including Darwinian natural selection which is NOT completely random.

So, no currently observed complexity is proof for the existence of a “God”.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree