1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 11:25
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    great. this must mean that minotaurs, unicorns, satyrs, leprechauns, manticores, etc. are/were also all real.
    No, the Chinese Zodiac did not have any of those and there is no proof of their existence. But there is a lot of proof for the existence of the Dragon (dinosaur).
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 11:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Komodo Dragon is not a "dragon". A "dragon" is a mythical creature found in folk stories. "Komodo Dragon" is the English name of a type of monitor lizard called Buaya Darat here in Indonesia where they are found. When I lived in Papua I once came across a similar monitor lizard in my back yard, right outside my kitchen door. It was about 1.5 metres long, very real, and most certainly not a 'mythical' creature!
    There are some stories about dragons that are myths, but the dragons or dinosaurs themselves are not myths. It is because of the mythical stories about them that have caused many to believe they were also myths. But there is proof that they actually existed.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 12:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are some stories about dragons that are myths, but the dragons or dinosaurs themselves are not myths. It is because of the mythical stories about them that have caused many to believe they were also myths. But there is proof that they actually existed.
    A "dragon", be definition, is a mythical creature. The dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. The Komodo Dragon is a reptile living in Indonesia. It is not a "dragon".
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    A "dragon", be definition, is a mythical creature. The dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. The Komodo Dragon is a reptile living in Indonesia. It is not a "dragon".
    A dragon is a reptile. It is the same as a dinosaur, which is also a reptile. I have said many times that the Earth was only created less that 10,000 years ago, so there could not have been any dinosaurs (dragons) existing before 65 million years ago to die out. The mythical creature part of the dragon is referring to the stories of flying and fire breathing. The dragon itself is not mythical regardless of what some manmade dictionary says. Take it from me. I am right and the dictionary is wrong. 😏
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 12:521 edit
    A dragon is a reptile. It is the same as a dinosaur, which is also a reptile. I have said many times that the Earth was only created less that 10,000 years ago, so there could not have been any dinosaurs (dragons) existing before 65 million years ago to die out. The mythical creature part of the dragon is referring to the stories of flying and fire breath ...[text shortened]... what some manmade dictionary says. Take it from me. I am right and the dictionary is wrong. 😏
    A "dragon", by definition, is a mythical creature. A reptile is a reptile. The dinosaurs were the dinosaurs, and they died out tens of millions of years before there were humans around to dream up mythical creatures.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 13:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    A "dragon", be definition, is a mythical creature. A reptile is a reptile. The dinosaurs were the dinosaurs, and they died out tens of millions of years before there were humans around to dream up mythical creatures.
    I know from experience that I can not get through to you with any truth, so just believe as you wish and I will believe the truth. 😏
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 13:10
    I know from experience that I can not get through to you with any truth, so just believe as you wish and I will believe the truth. 😏
    Any suggestion that the dinosaurs were alive as recently as 10,000 years ago is utter nonsense. I think you're having a laugh; ticking off the parodies one by one.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 13:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Any suggestion that the dinosaurs were alive as recently as 10,000 years ago is utter nonsense. I think you're having a laugh; ticking off the parodies one by one.
    Whatever.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 13:361 edit
    Whatever.
    Regardless of your official status as sane you have to be functionally insane to believe the world is less than 10K years old.

You have to look at the world through literal blinders when we know some TREES are 10,000 years old or older, when there is yearly deposits of ice in Greenland and Antarctica showing 100,000 years or more of direct layers. Whole mountains with layers upon layers, ocean deposits layer upon layer deep.

The moon cool enough to walk on despite literally millions of meteor and asteroid strikes which could not cool down in 10,000 years.

Astronomers seeing stars millions of light years away and solid evidence the speed of light is 300,000 odd kilometers per second, doppler shifts showing velocities of stars and galaxies, the sheer size of the universe we can see now, billions of light years away we can see clearly with telescopes.

All these separate sciences all agreeing the Earth and the entire universe being billions of years old and we are supposed to just chuck all that and fall over and think You Must Be Right even though your bible says nothing about the age of the universe and go WOW, how could we have been so wrong?

That's not going to happen in a thousand lifetimes much less ours. Why don't you just keep your fantasies to yourself and not bother us in the real world with them?
    Continuing to bleat your message does no one any good except prove your are bonkers, so why not just stop with your written fantasies?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Regardless of your official status as sane you have to be functionally insane to believe the world is less than 10K years old.

You have to look at the world through literal blinders when we know some TREES are 10,000 years old or older, when there is yearly deposits of ice in Greenland and Antarctica showing 100,000 years or more of direct layers. Whol one any good except prove your are bonkers, so why not just stop with your written fantasies?
    I have already answered all these objections before. My words must have just passed through your brain as fast as a lighting bolt giving you no time to comprehend their meanings.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 15:04
    I have already answered all these objections before. My words must have just passed through your brain as fast as a lighting bolt giving you no time to comprehend their meanings.
    You are the one rejecting reality for fantasy, your strings being pulled by 4000 year old puppet masters, the men who invented your god and wrote down self fulfilling 'prophecies' to "prove it'. You have been duped by master, a man or men who invented your god and you can't think your way through that.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 15:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are the one rejecting reality for fantasy, your strings being pulled by 4000 year old puppet masters, the men who invented your god and wrote down self fulfilling 'prophecies' to "prove it'. You have been duped by master, a man or men who invented your god and you can't think your way through that.
    If God is not real then it is no big deal.
    If God is real it is a big deal.
    GOD IS THE REAL DEAL.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 15:52
    Whatever.
    Having faith in God is one thing. Having hope that there is life after death is another thing. But it does not bode well for the validity of the things you believe in, if it depends on believing things like 'the dinosaurs were alive as recently as 10,000 years ago'.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 16:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having faith in God is one thing. Having hope that there is life after death is another thing. But it does not bode well for the validity of the things you believe in, if it depends on believing things like 'the dinosaurs were alive as recently as 10,000 years ago'.
    Believeing in God does not depend on dinosaurs or dragons or elephants or dogs or whatever. That depends on the faith of the individual. There are many believers that don't care at all about any of the things we have been talking about. Our debates have no effect whatsoever on their faith and belief in the saving power of Christ to raise them from the dead, or that as soon as they are released from their body, that they will be transported immediately into the presence of the Lord. But I like to make sense of the world around me in light of the the Holy Bible. So to me it makes sense that dragons were types of what evolutionists call dinosaurs, which they only know about from bones.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 17:10
    Believeing in God does not depend on dinosaurs or dragons or elephants or dogs or whatever. That depends on the faith of the individual. There are many believers that don't care at all about any of the things we have been talking about. Our debates have no effect whatsoever on their faith and belief in the saving power of Christ to raise them from the d ...[text shortened]... dragons were types of what evolutionists call dinosaurs, which they only know about from bones.
    Is the seven headed dragon in Revelation a dinosaur?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree