1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 12:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think that Christians who become aware that their efforts are detrimental and counterproductive, or that their demeanour repels people, and that they are disaffecting people rather than bringing them in to heed the intended message, have any obligation to stop trying and simply concentrate on what they see as their personal "salvation"?
    This just comes across as blunderingly incoherent. It is certainly a non sequitur, as are most of your replies to me. I would even go so far as to guess that you mistakenly replied to me with this gibberish, except I'm even more sure that this is just another typical example of your "swing and a miss" tactics. I suppose you could try again, perhaps a little less incoherently this time, or perhaps you could even try focusing on reality as it really is, instead of how you fervently wish it to be. Or even better, maybe you could stop stalking me and stop following my posts with mind-numbingly banal attempts to distract and change the subject.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 12:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you believe that the end times will come in your lifetime, do you also believe that atheists and non-believers ought not to have any more children, bearing in mind the supposed imminence of the world's destruction? Have you advised any any of your atheist friends to cease procreating?
    No and no.

Just what do you presume you're getting out of this post? I mean besides a few giggles?

This has less than nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread. This bizarre idea came out of your head, not mine.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This just comes across as blunderingly incoherent. It is certainly a non sequitur, as are most of your replies to me. I would even go so far as to guess that you mistakenly replied to me with this gibberish, except I'm even more sure that this is just another typical example of your "swing and a miss" tactics. I suppose you could try again, perhaps a little less incoherently this time, or perhaps you could even try focusing on reality as it really is, instead of how you fervently wish it to be. Or even better, maybe you could stop stalking me and stop following my posts with mind-numbingly banal attempts to distract and change the subject.

All this text you typed is just a dodge. What I asked you was crystal clear and bang on target.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 13:431 edit
    No and no.

Just what do you presume you're getting out of this post? I mean besides a few giggles?

This has less than nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread. This bizarre idea came out of [b]your
    head, not mine.[/b]
    I am trying to gauge how serious you are when you claim that the world will end in your lifetime. You always react in a strange way when anyone asks you genuine head-on questions about your belief in this matter. Do you talk to anyone who you love, and who doesn't believe that the world will end anytime soon, and try to convince them that it will all be destroyed in your lifetime? You don't seem serious about this belief. You don't act here on this forum as if it's a serious and sincere belief. That's why I am asking you about it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 16:32
    No and no.

This has less than nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread. This bizarre idea came out of [b]your
    head, not mine.[/b]
    Suzianne, if you believe the end days are coming in your lifetime, doesn't that argument get weaker as time goes by? As you get closer and closer to YOUR end days, don't you have to rethink the end days coming in your lifetime concept?

That plus I would imagine there are probably at least a billion people now dead who thought the same thing in THEIR lifetime and as you can clearly see, all those folks who passed long ago who thought the same thing, ALL of them were dead wrong, so to speak🙂 Given that fact, what makes you sure THIS TIME you are right and it is going to be within say, 50 years or so?
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Same question to you: are we in the last days, end times or not?
    I do believe we are seeing the end times, as to how many years however remain? Well that remains to be seen.

Perhaps one of the most important reasons I believe that the end times is the period in which we live is the miracle of the nation of Israel and its rebirth. In the bible there are references of the fig tree being synonymous or a representation of Israel. One of the things that must happen in the end times is Israel needs to become a nation, this occurred in 1948

Jesus in answering a questions from his disciples gave this comment regarding the end days and when it would be.

The Lesson of the Fig Tree

32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

I believe these scriptures are speaking about Israel and its rebirth as a nation (the branch becomes tender and puts forth it's leaves). The period of time for a generation differs in the bible, it can be as little as 38 years and as much as 64 years or more. That puts us as a world right in the middle of it.

There are many other things taken place right now right in front of our eyes prophetically that suggest we are in the last days. So yes I believe that we are in the last days.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:28
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I do believe we are seeing the end times, as to how many years however remain? Well that remains to be seen.

Perhaps one of the most important reasons I believe that the end times is the period in which we live is the miracle of the nation of Israel and its rebirth. In the bible there are references of the fig tree being synonymous or a representation ...[text shortened]... phetically that suggest we are in the last days. So yes I believe that we are in the last days.
    How long will the end times last?
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:46
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    As an historian, I find most of these assertions laughable. The most important difference between now and previous times of crisis is that the earth's ability to sustain human life is threatened (and somehow those who hope the end is near seem to be on the side of those opposing efforts to stem the tide of destruction).

I'm old enough to remember Barry Mc ...[text shortened]... uire's "Eve of Destruction" and there was nothing new in that song when he performed it in 1965.
    Speaking only for myself but I think some others here will agree. I take no joy in the thought that the end may be near nor do I oppose efforts to stem the tide of destruction. However the truth is, what is going to happen is going to happen and it is out of my hands... actually it never was in my hands to begin with. It is a prophetic happening that I nor you have any influence over, it is the playing out of sin in this world and what the cost is going to be.

Romans 6:23English Standard Version (ESV)

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I believe the end times to be a culmination of the effects of the sin of people, governments, and nations... it is death.

As God provided for Noah with the ark, God has provided for us in Jesus. I, you, we and all are not doomed if we turn from our sins and embrace what was done on the cross. There is hope.

I think there are too many people that 'appear' to love the negative, judgement, etc. of what is coming upon this world when we should be embracing the truth of God. He is true, and it is happening before our very eyes. We just need to wake up.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:51
    I don't mind, but why are you replying to my question to yoctobyte? Are you and they the same poster?
    no.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:531 edit
    How long will the end times last?
    I believe that is in the bible.

edit:

What do you think
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 01:233 edits
    Speaking only for myself but I think some others here will agree. I take no joy in the thought that the end may be near nor do I oppose efforts to stem the tide of destruction. However the truth is, what is going to happen is going to happen and it is out of my hands...
    Are you doing anything specific in order to address what is going to happen? Are you doing anything to try to help save any family, loved ones, friends, colleagues or neighbours who are non-believers?

If you have children, are you telling them that they will [possibly] be destroyed and that they should not worry as it will be divine "justice"? If you're young and haven't had children yet, are you going to remain childless deliberately?

Is the supposedly impending destruction of the world affecting your investments - are you avoiding buying property or other long-term purchases?

Are you thinking of selling property to people who don't think the end is nigh so as to have cash you can use during period leading up to the end times?

At what point will you give up your job so that you can spend more time with your family in the run up to destruction?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 01:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you doing anything specific in order to address what is going to happen? Are you doing anything to try to help save any family, loved ones, friends, colleagues or neighbours who are non-believers?

If you have children, are you telling them that they will [possibly] be destroyed and that they should not worry as it will be divine "justice"? If you're youn ...[text shortened]... give up your job so that you can spend more time with your family in the run up to destruction?
    Simply put, I endeavor to live... Luke 10:27, it's not easy sometimes.

English Standard Version
    And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 02:10
    Speaking only for myself but I think some others here will agree. I take no joy in the thought that the end may be near nor do I oppose efforts to stem the tide of destruction. However the truth is, what is going to happen is going to happen and it is out of my hands... actually it never was in my hands to begin with. It is a prophetic happening that I nor you have any influence over.
    Most of your perception of the prophetic event is solidly grounded in misreading the Scriptures. Your reading of Jesus's story of the fig tree is wrong on so many levels that I am reminded of Alberto Brandolini, "The amount of energy necessary to refute [bovine waste] is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 02:29
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Most of your perception of the prophetic event is solidly grounded in misreading the Scriptures. Your reading of Jesus's story of the fig tree is wrong on so many levels that I am reminded of Alberto Brandolini, "The amount of energy necessary to refute [bovine waste] is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
    Does that mean you are no longer going to discuss? My perception is mine, what does the story about the fig tree mean to you if anything.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 08:59
    Simply put, I endeavor to live... Luke 10:27, it's not easy sometimes.

English Standard Version
    And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
    That you are reading the Bible is taken as a given. I was looking for evidence from your life that you are doing specific practical things in order to address the real life consequences of what you say is going to happen. You basically dodged my questions.

In fact, I cannot remember any of the 'end is nigh' Christians in this community fielding any serious questions about their doomsday beliefs. It's peculiar. Such a dramatic and specific belief affecting everyone on earth, and the destruction of the world as we know it, but just waffle and evasion when asked about it in more detail. Curious behaviour, time and time again. Should people take your claims seriously? If so, why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree