16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 10:541 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I believe that is in the bible.

edit:

What do you think
    I don't believe it is in the Bible.

I have no idea, which is why you will rarely, it ever, hear me pontificating on when the end will come, where we are now in relation to the end, who will experience the end and whether the end involves some kind of pre or post apocalyptic thousand year reign of Christ accompanied by a pre or post tribulation rapture.

Everyone here who is pretending they know is just pretending they know. Including you, if I may be so blunt.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 11:272 edits
    I am mainly interested in what the Christians have to say on the topic but all are welcome of course.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the Lord Jesus returns soon.

This is not just for personal happiness, though for that reason also. But He is "the desire of the nations" (Haggai 2:7) . All the justice and peace longed for by all the nations will be realized in Jesus Christ. So I hope for His second coming for the sake of the coming justice and peace of His reign.

It puzzles me that some people only think of the second coming of Christ as "the end" or "doomsday". This depends on where you stand in relation to the Son of God.

When Revelation says Christ is the morning star, the word picture is not of only and doomsday end but a bright new morning, Praise God.

" I Jesus have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright morning star." (Rev. 22:16)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 11:311 edit
    If all your hope are vested in this fallen sin stricken world then you may think only of Christ's coming as the doomsday end of it all.

I prefer that I view Him more as the bright dawning of a new day for the world.

" And we have the prophetic word made more firm, to which you do well to give heed as to a lamp shining in a dark place,

until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." (2 Peter 2:19)

But most of all this is what He wants. I want the Lord Jesus to get what He wants. For certain His people will be blessed in Christ obtaining what He wants.

We seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all things will be added to us.

How do you discern the times in which we live? Much has been said over the past several months not only in the media but from pulpits, books, radio... and Youtube videos. There are celestial events taking place, economic market collapses, political unrest in the middle east (more than what is usual).
    -------------------------------------------------------------

We should concentrate on cultivating a close fellowship with the Lord Jesus. He is the Holy Spirit Who can be received into our innermost spiritual being and into our hearts.

Knowing all the outward "stuff" won't, in itself, help you.
    Knowing the Lord Jesus will prepare you in every way.

Begin each day with having a time with the Lord Jesus.
    Start the day with Christ in His word.
    Feed your spirit with the nourishment of the Word of God.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 11:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't believe it is in the Bible.

I have no idea, which is why you will rarely, it ever, hear me pontificating on when the end will come, where we are now in relation to the end, who will experience the end and whether the end involves some kind of pre or post apocalyptic thousand year reign of Christ accompanied by a pre or post tribulation rapture ...[text shortened]... who is pretending they know is just pretending they know. Including you, if I may be so blunt.
    Wow, interesting... you think I am pontificating (implied)? I went back and looked through my posts just in case I might have said something that may be misconstrued as pontificating,.. I don't see it.

What I have stated is what I believe, and what I asked in the OP, is what other Christians thought about the end times or how they discern the times... and those that are not Christians we welcome also. I think we can all learn from one another if we allow ourselves a little latitude and let others share their thoughts.

OP: I am mainly interested in what the Christians have to say on the topic but all are welcome of course.

Everyone here who is pretending they know is just pretending they know. Including you, if I may be so blunt.

You can be as blunt all you want, but isn't your indictment of me a little misplaced considering you don't know me and I don't know you? After all I only asked a question and gave an answer or two. Maybe you should practice a little consideration of another view on a subject and contribute to a meaningful conversation vs. arriving at some judgement. Has it ever occurred to you that we all come from different backgrounds have different views on things and all have experiences that have led us to believe what we believe?

There is no pretending here my friend, I am open to change... I think we call that learning... thus 'MY' reason for the OP in the first place. A saying that I like and may be appropriate here... be careful who you point your finger at because you have three pointing back.

Thanks for your comments to the OP. Good day!
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 12:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    That you are reading the Bible is taken as a given. I was looking for evidence from your life that you are doing specific practical things in order to address the real life consequences of what you say is going to happen. You basically dodged my questions.

In fact, I cannot remember any of the 'end is nigh' Christians in this community fielding any serious q ...[text shortened]... l. Curious behaviour, time and time again. Should people take your claims seriously? If so, why?
    FMF

That you are reading the Bible is taken as a given. I was looking for evidence from your life that you are doing specific practical things in order to address the real life consequences of what you say is going to happen. You basically dodged my questions.

And you basically dodged the OP. I am trying to live by the two commandments if which all are wrapped up in Luke 10:27...

English Standard Version
    And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Which you can take as an answer to those silly questions.

Maybe you didn't like the answer, I don't know. If you want a line by line answer to your questions about my personal life and how I am preparing? I think I will pass, there is no relevance to the OP. However I will say this, I am trying to live my life one day at a time and trying to love God and my neighbors (fellow man) as best as I know how, and tell them about God. Not worrying about tomorrow because today has enough problems of its own. How does one prepare for such a thing, not even knowing the day?

I understand you were/are a Christian? Do you have any thoughts on the OP? Do you believe the events that are happening in the world today have any relevance to bible prophecy and what is spoken of for the last days? why/why not?

Thanks for your comments to the OP.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 12:32
    English Standard Version
    And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Which you can take as an answer to those silly questions.
    Declaring them "silly" is just evasion. You don't sound serious about what you are predicting.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 12:431 edit
    I understand you were/are a Christian? Do you have any thoughts on the OP? Do you believe the events that are happening in the world today have any relevance to bible prophecy and what is spoken of for the last days? why/why not?
    The prophecy can just sit there for another ten thousand years just like it's sat there for the last one or two thousand years. Christians have been predicting the end of the world since Christians first walked the earth. A smattering of reasonable questions soon undoes you and reveals that you are not really serious and you're making no effort to convince anyone but yourself that you are right. You are like someone with a sandwich board on Oxford Street in London.

Like Suzianne, you dodge any proper discussion of the indicators that show us the state of the world and the progress that mankind has made. You can't even make the case on your own terms. I am intrigued by how utterly unserious you seem - as if involved in a hoax, whether unwittingly, I don't know.

Isn't the "end of the world" a big thing? Why do you treat it on the same petty level as quoting a Bible verse with the word "fool" in it when you want to suggest that someone is a "fool".
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 12:48
    Not worrying about tomorrow because today has enough problems of its own. How does one prepare for such a thing, not even knowing the day?
    What a completely wretched state your superstitions have got you into! Good grief. 😕
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 13:38
    Wow, interesting... you think I am pontificating (implied)? I went back and looked through my posts just in case I might have said something that may be misconstrued as pontificating,.. I don't see it.

What I have stated is what I believe, and what I asked in the OP, is what other Christians thought about the end times or how they discern the times... ...[text shortened]... inger at because you have three pointing back.

Thanks for your comments to the OP. Good day!
    OK your challenge is noted. Will then please answer the following:

When the end will come?
    Where we are now in relation to the end?
    Does the end involve some kind of pre or post apocalyptic thousand year reign of Christ accompanied by a pre or post tribulation rapture?

Thanks.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 13:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    What a completely wretched state your superstitions have got you into! Good grief. 😕
    My goodness.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 14:12
    OK your challenge is noted. Will then please answer the following:

When the end will come?
    Does the end involve some kind of pre or post apocalyptic thousand year reign of Christ accompanied by a pre or post tribulation rapture?

Thanks.
    When the end will come?

This answer I believe can be found in the book of Matthew

Matthew 24:3-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Signs of the End of the Age

3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away[a] and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The OP is call 'Discerning The Times', does the world today with everything that is happening resonate with you with what is written in Matthew? Just a little? It does for me, a bit.

I don't know all the order of things. The rapture put aside because that word is not in the bible as far as I know... but the great tribulation, 1000 year reign certainly are, and I think you know that. Do you believe it? What are your thoughts towards your question #3.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 14:15
    When the end will come?

This answer I believe can be found in the book of Matthew

Matthew 24:3-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Signs of the End of the Age

3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the e ...[text shortened]... and I think you know that. Do you believe it? What are your thoughts towards your question #3.
    What date was that, sorry I didn't catch it...?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 14:32
    No man knows the date only the father, we are in a season... in my opinion.

Matthew 24:36English Standard Version (ESV)
    No One Knows That Day and Hour

36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,[a] but the Father only.

I know you have stated you don't engage in these types of discussions, but humor me.

How do you discern the times in which we live? What is the basis for your belief, Christian... non Christian? What? How does Divegeester discern the times in which we live?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 14:37
    No man knows the date only the father, we are in a season... in my opinion.

Matthew 24:36English Standard Version (ESV)
    No One Knows That Day and Hour

36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,[a] but the Father only.

I know you have stated you don't engage in these types of discussions, but hum ...[text shortened]... ef, Christian... non Christian? What? How does Divegeester discern the times in which we live?
    I'm not saying you are pontificating, my apologies for that intimation, but you are only pretending you know that we are living in the end times. You may have an opinion, but you do not "know".

"discern the times in which we live"

You see this is the type of language that I'm talking about. What exactly do you mean by this?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 14:382 edits

Sit down. Get a pen and be ready to write. I will tell you the big secret of when Jesus is coming.

Are you ready ?
    Here it is -

" ... for the Son of Man comes in that hour you do not expect. "
    (Matt. 24:44b)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree