1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 12:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not at all. Knowing the week or month doesn't mean you know the day nor the hour. No contradiction.

Plus, standing this far out, we can't even put a tack on the month or year, for other things have to happen first, but still, the season is drawing nigh. I'd say within a generation. The handwriting on the wall (another Daniel reference) is getting clearer all the time.
    That has been said for 2000 years, that tired story is a bit long in the tooth by now. Of course the faithful will be satisfied to wait another 2000 years, and of course in 2000 more years, there will also be no return of your deity. Or 20,000 years or 2 million years. The human race will be extinct before any such thing happens. Of course it will not happen even in 2 billion years but that doesn't stop the faithful from acting with disdain to the people who fully realize this return fantasy is just that, a fantasy.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 08:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That has been said for 2000 years, that tired story is a bit long in the tooth by now. Of course the faithful will be satisfied to wait another 2000 years, and of course in 2000 more years, there will also be no return of your deity. Or 20,000 years or 2 million years. The human race will be extinct before any such thing happens. Of course it will not happe ...[text shortened]... acting with disdain to the people who fully realize this return fantasy is just that, a fantasy.
    One more generation is not too long to wait, is it?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 08:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How is it "clear" that "the way is being prepared?"
    You're right. I suppose it's not very clear to the atheist crowd.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 14:16
    We are on the cusp. We're not there yet, only because things aren't quite bad enough yet for the world to accept a leader who seems to pull our fat out of the fire. The fire isn't high enough yet for the desperation of the world to turn to the AntiChrist. But clearly, the way is being prepared.

Let me be clear. I'm not one of these whom others accuse ...[text shortened]... d prefer that these things not happen before I pass on. But the time grows more and more short.
    Lol. "On the cusp". Wonderful fence sitting 😛
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 18:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Lol. "On the cusp". Wonderful fence sitting 😛
    It is wonderful, for now, while we are still in this age of grace, is the time to bring as many as we can to Christ before it is too late, before we lose our ability to shepherd in the ones who will listen.
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 20:36
    It is wonderful, for now, while we are still in this age of grace, is the time to bring as many as we can to Christ before it is too late, before we lose our ability to shepherd in the ones who will listen.
    I WANT FIG TREES
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Same question to you: are we in the last days, end times or not?
    Yes, we are.
    Jesus gave the sign in Matthew 24,25. (for one place, also in other Gospel, i.e. Luke)
    These would not be local events but worldwide events.
    In v. 34 he gives a parameter for the fulfilling of the complete sign.
    (Matthew 24:34) Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.
    That generation started when the first sign (Nation will rise against Nation and Kingdom against Kingdom) was observed in 1914 C.E., World War One.
    That was over 100 years ago.
    From that fact alone, we are deep into the last days.
    We are in the last days of the Last Days
    There are not many left who saw WWI.
    (2 Peter 3:11) Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 21:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That has been said for 2000 years, that tired story is a bit long in the tooth by now. Of course the faithful will be satisfied to wait another 2000 years, and of course in 2000 more years, there will also be no return of your deity. Or 20,000 years or 2 million years. The human race will be extinct before any such thing happens. Of course it will not happe ...[text shortened]... acting with disdain to the people who fully realize this return fantasy is just that, a fantasy.
    Don't forgt Peter's warning.
    (2 Peter 3:3-7) First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.” 5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 04:10
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I am curious, what are your thoughts? What is your basis?
    As an historian, I find most of these assertions laughable. The most important difference between now and previous times of crisis is that the earth's ability to sustain human life is threatened (and somehow those who hope the end is near seem to be on the side of those opposing efforts to stem the tide of destruction).

I'm old enough to remember Barry McGuire's "Eve of Destruction" and there was nothing new in that song when he performed it in 1965.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 06:23
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The most important difference between now and previous times of crisis is that the earth's ability to sustain human life is threatened.
    Not true in the slightest. Short of significant nuclear war and the subsequent nuclear winter, earth's ability to sustain human life is not threatened at all. Global warming and other environmental damage will certainly not significantly affect affect earth's ability to sustain human life. I does however result in change which can be very costly and cause conflict.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 06:45
    Do you think that Christians who become aware that their efforts are detrimental and counterproductive, or that their demeanour repels people, and that they are disaffecting people rather than bringing them in to heed the intended message, have any obligation to stop trying and simply concentrate on what they see as their personal "salvation"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 06:47
    Originally posted by roigam
    divegeester: Same question to you: are we in the last days, end times or not?
    Yes, we are.
    How many years has mankind got, maximum? You said it will happen within your lifetime. So how long can the world as we know it last, at most - in years - according to you?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 06:57
    One more generation is not too long to wait, is it?
    If you believe that the end times will come in your lifetime, do you also believe that atheists and non-believers ought not to have any more children, bearing in mind the supposed imminence of the world's destruction? Have you advised any any of your atheist friends to cease procreating?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:35
    Yes, we are.
    Jesus gave the sign in Matthew 24,25. (for one place, also in other Gospel, i.e. Luke)
    (Matthew 24:34) Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.
    That generation s ...[text shortened]... onsider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,
    I don't mind, but why are you replying to my question to yoctobyte? Are you and they the same poster?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:37
    Yes, we are.
    That generation s ...[text shortened]... onsider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,
    I'm afraid I don't hold Jehovah Witness prophesy with any credibility so I can't accept you reasoning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree