Discerning The Times

Discerning The Times

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
OK your challenge is noted. Will then please answer the following:

When the end will come?
Where we are now in relation to the end?
Does the end involve some kind of pre or post apocalyptic thousand year reign of Christ accompanied by a pre or post tribulation rapture?

Thanks.
The only question of those three that even merits a response is the last one, and I'm afraid you'll have to be a lot more clear on exactly what you are asking.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

What date was that, sorry I didn't catch it...?
Not too familiar with scripture, are you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Not too familiar with scripture, are you?
You have a date then?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Questioning someone on what they believe in order to find the truth is not harassment. You do exactly the same thing yourself.
Pshhhhh...

You're only a slightly more tolerable version of FMF in the way you pretend to not actually be trolling people.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

"Proper" discussion? You sitting back laughing at us is "proper" discussion? No, thanks.
Well I have made some observations and asked some questions. Your constant dodging makes one wonder if you seriously believe what you say you believe. It is you who has introduced the notion that anyone is laughing at you, not me.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Pshhhhh...

You're only a slightly more tolerable version of FMF in the way you pretend to not actually be trolling people.
Do you offer this substance-free evasive post as an example of the kind of forum posting you think more people should emulate?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 15

Pshhhhh...

You are bleating about me taking on your hero sonship, I know. Although it disappoints me deeply that you and the rest won't contend against the error he preaches even though you know he's wrong, I find it amusing that you think me doing so is trolling.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

I could point to possible correlations 20, 50, 100, 1000 years ago.
So you won't have any difficulty pulling this info out of your arse?

Anytime you're ready.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

So you won't have any difficulty pulling this info out of your arse?

Anytime you're ready.
Come to me with your "date" which you claim I don't know my Bible enough to find, and I will look back at history and "pull out of my arse" dozens of wars, rumours of wars, doctrinal deviations, persecutions and all manner of human carnage that will support an argument that Christ was about to return.

Don't misunderstand me; I'm not contesting that Christ will return, I'm contesting what you and some of the others here claim you know about when it will occur.

r

Moves
05 Oct 15

I don't mind, but why are you replying to my question to yoctobyte? Are you and they the same poster?
No, we are not.
My apologies!
Thank you for not minding.
I'm not always clear on who is posting or who is being responded to on these long threads.
I just try to add a relevant comment where I can.

r

Moves
05 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
I have to commend you sonship.
I was going to reply to dive along the same lines, for harrassing yoctobye for nothing.
Nobody knows, but that cannot mean nobody must understand the times.
That being said I do not support false predictions which is meant to scare people... like the type that JWs are notorious for
The ends times is nothing to worry about f ...[text shortened]... ve according to Christ .. these are the elect of God who will get through it without difficulty.
It seems you know little to nothing about JW's.
Probably 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hand information at best.
JW's are looking for and anticipating the end. We are on the watch for and alert in order to witness the end.
On rare occasion our hopes and our faith have exceeded our desires.
We are not calamity howlers.
We look for the end to this wicked unsuccessful system and the bringing in of the 1000 year reign of Christ Jesus which will make the Earth a Paradise.
(Luke 23:43) And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

y

Moves
05 Oct 15

Originally posted by roigam
It seems you know little to nothing about JW's.
Probably 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hand information at best.
JW's are looking for and anticipating the end. We are on the watch for and alert in order to witness the end.
On rare occasion our hopes and our faith have exceeded our desires.
We are not calamity howlers.
We look for the end to this wicked unsuccessful s ...[text shortened]... se.
(Luke 23:43) And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”
roigam, are you a JW?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by yoctobyte
roigam, are you a JW?
Yes he is but he is not here regulary so I will chip in and answer in case he is not back for a while.

y

Moves
05 Oct 15

Yes he is but he is not here regulary so I will chip in and answer in case he is not back for a while.
Ok, that was not my first impression judging from some past posts that I had read. Thanks.

r

Moves
05 Oct 15

Well done.

However, "end times" is a phrase like a fuse. It sets people off on flights of fancy. I would consider the true "end times" to only comprise the last seven years after the Rapture and leading to the return of Christ, and in this regard, this is why I say we are not in the "end times" yet, but very nearly so, I'd be surprised if we have even 50 years, given the state of our "fig tree".
Sorry, you missed it.
(Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
the first sign Jesus gave was:
(Matthew 24:7) “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom,

What Jesus spoke of happened in 1914 C.E. World War One!
That was the end of the Gentile Times and the fulfillment of:
Psalm 110 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”  2 Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”  ..... 5 Jehovah will be at your right hand; He will crush kings on the day of his anger.  6 He will execute judgment against the nations; He will fill the land with dead bodies. He will crush the leader of a vast land.  
This ending of this system is a process that is taking place right now.
That is why the Nations are in tumult.
They refuse to recognize the King that Jehovah has appointed to restore mankind and the Earth.