1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 08:13
    Discovering Truth Without God

Why do atheist think they can find absolute truth in science without help from God? To a Christian like myself, this seems an absurd idea. However, atheists seem to think it is the only way, because the belief in God is only a relic of the superstitions of the past. To them the belief in the God superstition is only a hinderance to discovering truth. It is obvious to practically everyone that there are false teachings and many evil things that have been done by those being deceived by these teachings. However, those occurrences do not prove that there is not a real God and creator just as the Holy Bible declares.

Atheists have choosen to believe that there is no God and the idea of a God was made up by men who wanted to be in control. This is exactly how many false teachers use the belef in God and scripture warns us that this type of thing would happen. So the atheists are wise to be skeptical, but foolish to deny the existence of God altogether. The created heavens declare the righteousness and glory of God and it reveals His awesome power and majesty.

The heavens declare His righteousness,
    And all the peoples see His glory.
    (Psalm 97:6 NKJV)

YouTube

Evidence For a Young World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Z43s4tx9CxM

Starlight and Time

YouTube
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 08:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why do atheist think they can find absolute truth in science without help from God? To a Christian like myself, this seems an absurd idea.
    Not surprising considering that you don't know what science is. Why don't you look it up on Wikipedia and educate yourself a little.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 08:58

Why do atheist think they can find absolute truth in science without help from God?
    Discovering Truth Without help from the Pixies

Why do Christians think they can find absolute truth in the bible without help from the Pixies?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 10:05
    Proof Dinosaurs lived with man.

YouTube
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 11:12

Why do atheist think they can find absolute truth in science without help from God? To a Christian like myself, this seems an absurd idea. However, atheists seem to think it is the only way, because the belief in God is only a relic of the superstitions of the past. To them the belief in the God superstition is only a hind ...[text shortened]... endscreen&NR=1&v=Z43s4tx9CxM

Starlight and Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3XSz5TEInU
    Absolute truth my arse. No scientist thinks he can find absolute truth simply because science doesn't work that way. We leave the absolute truth drivel to the fairy tale believers. The trouble with absolute truth is there are as many versions of absolute truth as there are fairy tale believers.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 11:19
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Absolute truth my arse. No scientist thinks he can find absolute truth simply because science doesn't work that way. We leave the absolute truth drivel to the fairy tale believers. The trouble with absolute truth is there are as many versions of absolute truth as there are fairy tale believers.
    Now we are making progress toward truth.

Here is some more truth for you to ponder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=9j_lA9eWlFQ
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 11:46
    Now we are making progress toward truth.

Here is some more truth for you to ponder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=9j_lA9eWlFQ
    This is a truth: Science and technology can thrive and advance without the bible, the bible and its supporters cannot survive without science and technology. .
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 14:04
    Originally posted by OdBod
    This is a truth: Science and technology can thrive and advance without the bible, the bible and its supporters cannot survive without science and technology. .
    I think you got that backwards. The science and technology of today is heading us toward destruction in my opinion. It is urgent that we all turn back to faith and belief in the creator God and His Christ.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 15:13
    I think you got that backwards. The science and technology of today is heading us toward destruction in my opinion. It is urgent that we all turn back to faith and belief in the creator God and His Christ.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Who knows what the future holds? But in the past and at this moment in time, you cannot refute my statement.
  10. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 18:00
    I'm not sure that I follow your logic. As a 'supporter' of the Bible why can I not survive without science and technology?

Science and technology give me great things that I admire and enjoy but I don't think they are key to my survival. I have traced part of my ancestry back to someone who came to America on the Mayflower. He could not enjoy our present science or technology and he managed to survive. At what point in history or now is your statement plausible ?

I'm not trying to offend, only trying to understand what you are saying .
  11. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 20:16
    Originally posted by boonon
    I'm not sure that I follow your logic. As a 'supporter' of the Bible why can I not survive without science and technology?

Science and technology give me great things that I admire and enjoy but I don't think they are key to my survival. I have traced part of my ancestry back to someone who came to America on the Mayflower. He could not enjoy our present ...[text shortened]... t plausible ?

I'm not trying to offend, only trying to understand what you are saying .
    Science and technology provides your shelter ,your food ,energy ,protection etc, and boat building skills (Mayflower) .You cannot survive without these things.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 20:46
    Who knows what the future holds? But in the past and at this moment in time, you cannot refute my statement.
    For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

(Mark 8:36 NKJV)
  13. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 21:09
    For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?

(Mark 8:36 NKJV)
    Still didn't refute my statement did you? Merely suggested I'd be damned. 😴
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 21:46
    Science and technology provides your shelter ,your food ,energy ,protection etc, and boat building skills (Mayflower) .You cannot survive without these things.
    The people before me did. What date do you have as a cut off to when mankind could not survive without science and technology.
  15. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 21:52
    I know how to hunt, fish and trap without modern tools. I can also build shelter without modern tools. My comfort level would come nowhere near what it is now but I'm pretty confident I could survive without 'science and technology'.

I love science and technology so I look forward to any and all new discoveries in both.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree