1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 22:12
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Still didn't refute my statement did you? Merely suggested I'd be damned. 😴
    At my age, I think medical science and technology is great. I just think evil-lution is the rotten apple in the bunch.
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 23:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    At my age, I think medical science and technology is great. I just think evil-lution is the rotten apple in the bunch.
    How very selective of you. I'm pleased that science and technology may help you as you age, but please remember that the help you receive is born of the same method of scientific thinking that produced the theory of evolution.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 00:16
    Originally posted by boonon
    I know how to hunt, fish and trap without modern tools. I can also build shelter without modern tools. My comfort level would come nowhere near what it is now but I'm pretty confident I could survive without 'science and technology'.

I love science and technology so I look forward to any and all new discoveries in both.
    No matter how much hunting, fishing and trapping you do you aint gonna survive in a city.

Our civilisation depends on complex technology take it away and only a very few would survive.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 01:33
    How very selective of you. I'm pleased that science and technology may help you as you age, but please remember that the help you receive is born of the same method of scientific thinking that produced the theory of evolution.
    Not al all. Evil-lution is a belief system, not science. 😏
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 01:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No matter how much hunting, fishing and trapping you do you aint gonna survive in a city.

Our civilisation depends on complex technology take it away and only a very few would survive.
    That is why we need God. 😏
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 01:43
    That is why we need God. 😏
    No thats why we need technology.

According to you God has always been around and there isnt too
    much technology in the bible.

You and I both need technology.

Whereas only one of us needs a god.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 02:00
    [b]Discovering Truth Without help from the Pixies

Why do Christians think they can find absolute truth in the bible without help from the Pixies?[/b]
    Because Frank Black (aka Black Francis), is the best songwriter ever to have graced our planet 😉
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 02:021 edit
    Still didn't refute my statement did you? Merely suggested I'd be damned. 😴
    It's your turn for the RJ treatment. Next he'll tell you to get your head out of your arse 😉
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 02:051 edit
    Yep, you're just another crackpot willing to cut off his nose despite his face, ts,ts.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 02:15
    No thats why we need technology.

According to you God has always been around and there isnt too
    much technology in the bible.

You and I both need technology.

Whereas only one of us needs a god.
    That must be you that needs a god. 😏
  11. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 03:09

the bible and its supporters cannot survive without science and technology.

I was answering the above statement. I am a supporter of the Bible. I showed how me and my Bible could survive. I answered for myself because that was how it was addressed (to supporters of the Bible). I didn't answer for all of the city dwelling non-believers.

I'm still not sure I follow the premise however. Are we talking about science and technology never existing or just abruptly ending? I'm still awaiting Odbod's answer to the timeline of his statement . He threw in the boat building technology when I answered about my ancestors on the 'Mayflower'.
    When exactly did all this science and technology truly start to ensure the 'survival' of us Bible believers? How did we survive before science and technology?
  12. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 15:48
    [b]the bible and its supporters cannot survive without science and technology.

I was answering the above statement. I am a supporter of the Bible. I showed how me and my Bible could survive. I answered for myself because that was how it was addressed (to supporters of the Bible). I didn't answer for all of the city dwelling non-believers.

I'm stil ...[text shortened]... the 'survival' of us Bible believers? How did we survive before science and technology?[/b]
    Before the use of weapons and and fire etc we were a food source for stronger tougher carnivores. If you placed a number of people armed only with the bible into the middle of the Arfrican plains and they were unable to use technology,how long before they end up as lunch? Technology was and is essential for survival, the bible is not.
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 16:14
    When exactly did all this science and technology truly start to ensure the 'survival' of us Bible believers? How did we survive before science and technology?
    Before there was science and technology there was no bible to hinder your survival. To have a bible you need a certain level of technology - stuff to write on and stuff to write with.
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 16:56
    Before the use of weapons and and fire etc we were a food source for stronger tougher carnivores. If you placed a number of people armed only with the bible into the middle of the Arfrican plains and they were unable to use technology,how long before they end up as lunch? Technology was and is essential for survival, the bible is not.
    Ok, I guess. How then did we survive as a species if we didnt have science or technology as you assert, being only a food source for larger carnivores?

You did state before that we could not survive without either science or technology. How then did we escape from only being a meal for something larger? Who/what gave man science and technology?
  15. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 17:00
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Before there was science and technology there was no bible to hinder your survival. To have a bible you need a certain level of technology - stuff to write on and stuff to write with.
    How does the Bible hinder our survival?

Where did this science and technology come from?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree