1. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 19:50
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You air an opinion on a forum in which you state that 2/3 of the planet live
    meaningless lives and you think that should not offend the 2/3 because it is
    "merely" your opinion!

Whenever anyone insults another it is [b]always
    merely their opinion.

And its not because I disagree with you that I can label you as arrogant, stupid and offensive, it is because you have demonstrated you are.[/b]
    With your mastery of the English language I am a little hesitant to believe your mathematical fractions.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 19:53
    Originally posted by boonon

Aint is not a word.

Just a free lesson in English for the teacher.
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/ain't

Just a a free lesson for the ignoramus.

And I aint gonna waste time with apostrophes when im in a rush!
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 19:59
    With your mastery of the English language I am a little hesitant to believe your mathematical fractions.
    Based on your belief in bronze-age superstition I'm hesitant to believe you are
    using the internet all on your own without a grown-up around. Nevertheless
    for your education;
    http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

About 33% of the world is Christian (mainly Catholics) that
    leaves 67% non-Christian (do you need to see the working?)
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:18
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/ain't

Just a a free lesson for the ignoramus.

And I aint gonna waste time with apostrophes when im in a rush!
    Well I guess if you are teaching your kids slang, and not formal English your ok.
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:23
    Based on your belief in bronze-age superstition I'm hesitant to believe you are
    using the internet all on your own without a grown-up around. Nevertheless
    for your education;
    http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

About 33% of the world is Christian (mainly Catholics) that
    leaves 67% non-Christian (do you need to see the working?)
    So:

(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

Nothing definative here is there. As a matter of fact they are estimates. Funny how you throw around slang and estimates as facts, just saying.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:40
    Well I guess if you are teaching your kids slang, and not formal English your {sic} ok.
    Where did I say I teach children slang?
    You are making things up again.

Besides which children are taught a variety of informal English such as texting,
    abbreviations, colloquialisms and slang as part of a general education in
    communication skills. You are in the Dark Ages if you think only formal English
    is taught in schools.

btw
    I teach 8 year-olds the difference between your and you're

And yes; I am OK.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:471 edit

Funny how you throw around slang and estimates as facts, just saying.
    You have a strange sense of humour.

Where did I say slang is a fact? Strange English there.

And estimates are facts.

It is a fact that Christianity is estimated as 33% of the world population.
    Another link in approximate agreement.

As of the early 21st century, Christianity has around 2.3 billion adherents, out of about 7 billion people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country
    (That's 32.9% )

Anyway; why are you quibbling about how many people you have insulted?
  8. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 22:11
    You have a strange sense of humour.

Where did I say slang is a fact? Strange English there.

And estimates are facts.

It is a [b]fact
    that Christianity is estimated as 33% of the world population.
    Another link in approximate agreement.

[i]As of the early 21st century, Christianity has around 2.3 billion adherents, out of about 7 billion pe ...[text shortened]... ntry
    (That's 32.9% )

Anyway; why are you quibbling about how many people you have insulted?[/b]
    I have insulted no one but you I guess. It was not on purpose so I apologize . As you stated before opinions do 'insult' but it was not an intentional insult, there is a difference (like your communications with RJ seem to be intentionally insulting). I try very hard not to intentionally insult. However if my views do insult I will not apologize for my views because they are mine. Someone on this forum once told me that if we all thought the same the world would be a boring place. I agree with that statement. I'm sure you are a fine teacher and that your students adore you. Kudos to you for choosing a career with kids.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 23:00
    I have insulted no one but you I guess. It was not on purpose so I apologize . As you stated before opinions do 'insult' but it was not an intentional insult, there is a difference (like your communications with RJ seem to be intentionally insulting). I try very hard not to intentionally insult. However if my views do insult I will not apologize for my views ...[text shortened]... fine teacher and that your students adore you. Kudos to you for choosing a career with kids.
    Thats very gracious of you. It takes a big man to apologise.

I'm sure it was not your intention to insult but surely you see that calling
    non-Christians lives meaningless is an insult to them? All you can say is
    that without Christianity you feel that your life would be
    meaningless. I can respect that as a personal opinion.

As for RJ; he has a history of making vile personal attacks and has insulted
    me regularly. He deserves everything he gets.

The world would be a boring place if we were all the same. As Dave Allen used
    to say "May your god go with you"
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 08:101 edit
    Thats very gracious of you. It takes a big man to apologise.

I'm sure it was not your intention to insult but surely you see that calling
    non-Christians lives meaningless is an insult to them? All you can say is
    that without Christianity [b]you
    feel that your life would be
    meaningless. I can respect that as a personal opinion.

As for ...[text shortened]... a boring place if we were all the same. As Dave Allen used
    to say "May your god go with you"[/b]
    The following is what Jesus says about a person that would teach children things that would cause them to stumble in their belief in Him.

Taking a child, He set him before them, and taking him in His arms, He said to them, “Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me.”...

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea."

(Mark 9:36-37,42 NASB)

I think teaching evil-lution to children falls in that category. 😏
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 08:37
    However if my views do insult I will not apologize for my views because they are mine.
    I for one, do not feel at all insulted by your views. Mostly because I know you are quite badly mistaken, and I don't care a whole lot about your opinion anyway.
    However, I do think you need to give your opinion a bit more thought, because as expressed, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You said:
    I would argue that it is a meaningless life without it [the Bible]
    But that begs the question, meaningless to whom? Meaning is all about the observer. Something has meaning, or does not, to a particular observer.
    So do you believe is my life meaningless to you? Meaningless to me? Meaningless to God? Or as I suspect you really meant: meaningless in some 'greater scheme of things' with no entity actually mentioned (possibly implying God, or possibly all humans as a collective).
    I think if you gave it some thought, you would find your opinion just doesn't add up.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 08:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think teaching evil-lution to children falls in that category.
    You are wasting key-strokes.
    Nobody cares.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 09:21
    You are wasting key-strokes.
    Nobody cares.
    You should care for you may be heaping harmful judgment upon yourself.
  14. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 11:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I for one, do not feel at all insulted by your views. Mostly because I know you are quite badly mistaken, and I don't care a whole lot about your opinion anyway.
    However, I do think you need to give your opinion a bit more thought, because as expressed, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You said:
    [b] I would argue that it is a meaningless life witho ...[text shortened]... ve).
    I think if you gave it some thought, you would find your opinion just doesn't add up.
    It adds up for me. I respect your opinion and thoughts. I didn't think that I offended everyone because I knew that I hadn't, but i did apologize to wolfgang because I had offended him. I am a very open person with my thoughts only when asked. Otherwise in person i am very quiet. It's easier to hear people when you do less talking.
  15. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 11:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    [b] I would argue that it is a meaningless life witho ...[text shortened]... ve).
    I agree that meaningless is different by point of view of just about everybody. Probably the wrong adjective to 'use'. Point well made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree