Moves
    01 Mar '13 17:49
    Evolution is history's greatest hoax - Darwin theory is wrong

YouTube
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 17:55
    Originally posted by boonon
    I agree that meaningless is different by point of view of just about everybody. Probably the wrong adjective to 'use'. Point well made.
    So, when you said peoples lives are meaningless without the Bible, what did you actually mean? To whom, and in what way?
    I for example find great meaning in my life, and don't think it would have more meaning to me if I involved the Bible.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evolution is history's greatest hoax - Darwin theory is wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpoFmjgFRQ0
    Darwin has had a huge controlling influence over you hasn't he?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So, when you said peoples lives are meaningless without the Bible, what did you actually mean? To whom, and in what way?
    I for example find great meaning in my life, and don't think it would have more meaning to me if I involved the Bible.
    Don't the atheist teach that there is no meaning or purpose to life?

The evil-lutionists say we just happened by chance and could have happened some other way. Isn't that right? So what meaning or purpose could life have, if it is just an accident of many chance happenings?
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:47
    [b]Don't the atheist teach that there is no meaning or purpose to life?

The evil-lutionists say we just happened by chance and could have happened some other way. Isn't that right? So what meaning or purpose could life have, if it is just an accident of many chance happenings?[/b]
    That in my humble opinion is the power behind religion.People cannot face the fact that they may be unimportant and finite.Fear drives us into the hands of the supernatural where we "feel" better.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:52
    Originally posted by OdBod
    That in my humble opinion is the power behind religion.People cannot face the fact that they may be unimportant and finite.Fear drives us into the hands of the supernatural where we "feel" better.
    Does it make you feel better?
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 20:10
    Does it make you feel better?
    No , being an atheist is hard, it can make you feel small and sometimes pointless , but that just makes me try harder to live life in a constructive way. And something else,when I look at ANY life I feel an intense reverence for it, precisely because it is rare and finite.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 20:11
    The evil-lutionists say we just happened by chance and could have happened some other way. Isn't that right? So what meaning or purpose could life have, if it is just an accident of many chance happenings?
    Its all a question of meaning to whom. You cannot have real meaning without referring to some entity. Further, how we came about, does not significantly affect how much meaning we have to ourselves or to others.
    Suppose, you found a really beautiful stone on the beach. Now suppose you also carved a stone. Why would the carved stone necessarily have meaning to you and the one from the beach not? What if you found the one on the beach the day you met the love of your life? Would the stone still be meaningless to you simply because you found it by chance?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 22:511 edit
    Its all a question of meaning to whom. You cannot have real meaning without referring to some entity. Further, how we came about, does not significantly affect how much meaning we have to ourselves or to others.
    Suppose, you found a really beautiful stone on the beach. Now suppose you also carved a stone. Why would the carved stone necessarily have meani ...[text shortened]... of your life? Would the stone still be meaningless to you simply because you found it by chance?
    I often like to use videos because I have more confidence in others explaining ideas than myself. So I am not sure if you will understand me even when I try. However, I was thinking more in line with the creative meaning and purpose of the universe as a unit that requires the various creations to fulfill the overall purpose and meaning intended originally by God.

Sure, we can give our own meaning to objects and use them for our own purposes as well. But these meanings and purposes are determined by ourselves based on what we see available and our imaginations on the uses at the time.

But I think there seems to be an overall meaning and purpose to the universe and this life that appears to be created on only one planet that was placed under the right conditions to support the growth of life. Scientist have already determined that there are many factors beginning with the laws of nature that had to appear before life was possible. There are so many life systems that can not survive without having another life system helping it, as well. I am sure you must have heard all the other requirements, like the egosystem, environment, climate, etc., so there no point in making a long list.

There is probably a video out in Youtube land that could explain what I think Christians mean by "meaning and purpose" from God's point of view. However, even if I looked for one, I doubt anyone on here would take a moments notice anyway. However, the entity you speak of and we refer to when Christians speak of real meaning and purpose of life is generally God and His Christ in relationship to mankind and not just in the interaction of the universe.
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 23:01
    [b]Don't the atheist teach that there is no meaning or purpose to life?

The evil-lutionists say we just happened by chance and could have happened some other way. Isn't that right? So what meaning or purpose could life have, if it is just an accident of many chance happenings?[/b]
    What meaning does life have for you? I'd rather know that I am an insignificant speck on a small ball of rock and iron in an immense and fascinating universe than think I am destined to lick some deity's arse for all eternity.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 00:15
    Originally posted by Kepler
    What meaning does life have for you? I'd rather know that I am an insignificant speck on a small ball of rock and iron in an immense and fascinating universe than think I am destined to lick some deity's arse for all eternity.
    I believe my meaning and purpose is to love and serve and obey God as He loves and provides all my needs. Could anyone have a happier meaning and purpose?

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 06:35
    However, I was thinking more in line with the creative meaning and purpose of the universe as a unit that requires the various creations to fulfill the overall purpose and meaning intended originally by God.
    If that is the case, then yes, you are correct, an atheist believes his life is largely meaningless to God, and is not part of the overall purpose and meaning intended originally by God. But then we thing God doesn't exist and any such 'overall purpose and meaning' is a theist invention.

.... and this life that appears to be created on only one planet ....
    No, it does not appear that way at all. We haven't even ruled out the possibility of life on Mars the nearest planet to us. We have hardly even begun to investigate the other planets and moons in the solar system, let alone the upwards of 100 billion planets in the galaxy and we can never even hope to investigate planets in any of the other 100 billion galaxies.
    You simply have zero justification for making that claim.

Scientist have already determined that there are many factors beginning with the laws of nature that had to appear before life was possible.
    Funny how you are now an evolutionist 🙂

However, even if I looked for one, I doubt anyone on here would take a moments notice anyway. However, the entity you speak of and we refer to when Christians speak of real meaning and purpose of life is generally God and His Christ in relationship to mankind and not just in the interaction of the universe.
    And I couldn't care less whether or not my life has meaning or purpose to your God or some 'grand scheme' he has cooked up. You should really care either.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 15:48
    If that is the case, then yes, you are correct, an atheist believes his life is largely meaningless to God, and is not part of the overall purpose and meaning intended originally by God. But then we thing God doesn't exist and any such 'overall purpose and meaning' is a theist invention.

[b].... and this life that appears to be created on only one plan ...[text shortened]... rpose to your God or some 'grand scheme' he has cooked up. You should really care either.
    I have this feeling that you will get your desire for a place without God.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 17:14
    I have this feeling that you will get your desire for a place without God.
    So why bother mentioning it? Do you think it is a threat? If so, you are wasting your time, I am a genuine atheist.
  15. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 17:55
    I believe my meaning and purpose is to love and serve and obey God as He loves and provides all my needs. Could anyone have a happier meaning and purpose?

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    There is no 'meaning' to life. Our only purpose is to make babies and make sure that they live long enough to make their own babies.Thats all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree