1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 15:54
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "If in fact the scripture teaches that men are to hold to those positions of authority and leadership designed by God for the purpose of ministering to the saints, then what on earth does that have to do with gender discrimination?"

you don't see anything wrong with this phrase? nothing at all?

if a company were to hire 100 men and 100 women and th ...[text shortened]... y from the start that only a certain group can ever be allowed in a certain club, it is ok?
    if a company were to hire 100 men and 100 women and then issued a memo saying that the position of CEO would forever be given to a man, you wouldn't find it discriminating? do you know what the definition of discrimination is? i don't even get how you function? that it is wrong to deny someone an opportunity based on gender, race, age, etc but as long as you say from the start that only a certain group can ever be allowed in a certain club, it is ok?

You don't see anything wrong with this phrase? nothing at all?

You are comparing apples to oranges. The Church isn't an institution created by man. The "Church" is a living, breathing entity created by God. It's His rules, not ours. The word of God, the Bible, is clear about who we are and what our roles are in every kind of situation and relationship know to man.

It is for morons and idiots to argue over a perfectly clear text.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 16:322 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]if a company were to hire 100 men and 100 women and then issued a memo saying that the position of CEO would forever be given to a man, you wouldn't find it discriminating? do you know what the definition of discrimination is? i don't even get how you function? that it is wrong to deny someone an opportunity based on gender, race, age, etc but as long as onship know to man.

[/b]Its this lack of humbleness that signifies many christians.

"Yes I know we are discrimination, but this is what God wants, so it's okay after all."
    Compare this sentence with the following:
    "Yes, I know that killing homosexuals, but this is what God wants, so it's okay after all."
    Very alike, isn't it?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 16:49
    [b]if a company were to hire 100 men and 100 women and then issued a memo saying that the position of CEO would forever be given to a man, you wouldn't find it discriminating? do you know what the definition of discrimination is? i don't even get how you function? that it is wrong to deny someone an opportunity based on gender, race, age, etc but as long as ...[text shortened]... onship know to man.

god's law was also that we should stone little girls and boys who couldn't control their hormones and had sex before marriage to death. god's law was also that a newly wed little girl could be killed brutally if the husband accused her of not being a virgin and she couldn't prove otherwise.

tell me imbecile, in what civilized society is the accused guilty until proven innocent?
    tell me what benevolent god would set up such an unjust and barbaric law?

my answer is that the benevolent god i believe in didn't do those things and it was barbaric wicked men who made them up, without god's involvement.

your answer is that the supreme being, eternal and without beginning or end, and a being that knows the future, set these laws and then had a change of heart merely some thousand years after and sent his son to change them.

on one hand we have men tampering with the bible, the word of god, twisting it for their own purposes. on the other hand we have a gruesome god setting forth evil laws that he knows he will change in about 2 thousand years anyway, not to mention only giving these laws to a small tribe wandering in the dessert.

what is more likely?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 16:56
    [b]if a company were to hire 100 men and 100 women and then issued a memo saying that the position of CEO would forever be given to a man, you wouldn't find it discriminating? do you know what the definition of discrimination is? i don't even get how you function? that it is wrong to deny someone an opportunity based on gender, race, age, etc but as long as ...[text shortened]... onship know to man.

also you missed the point like you always do. i shouldn't be surprised though, you have always been the type of fundamentalist that not only believes everything he is told by the bible but also lacks the intellectual capacity to understand it and everything else for that matter.

jaywill did put forth the pecking order argument. that in all organizations there must be a hierarchy. i submitted the idea that those hierarchies are built on merit, not on an organ dangling between someones legs. therefore his argument fails.

you simply put forth the idea that people with enough influence may introduce any kind of evils if they convince us that it is god's will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree