1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 19:532 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I do not purport to be an expert on the bible and never have.

Claiming otherwise is a flat out lie.

Which is par for the course for you.
    yet you seem to be quite opinionated about it, interesting that, for a non expert. Par for
    the course, clearly the use of hyperbole escapes you, oh well, hum ho, life goes on.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 20:25
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Is a little truth too disturbing for you???
    i find silly little c*unts like you disturbing.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 20:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yet you seem to be quite opinionated about it, interesting that, for a non expert. Par for
    the course, clearly the use of hyperbole escapes you, oh well, hum ho, life goes on.
    Yes, I have read it.

That does not mean I am an 'expert' in it.
    Although the fact that people think that you have to be an 'expert' in the bible to
    understand it might be a hint that it probably wasn't written by a god, or if it was
    they had really cr*py communication skills.

However having read it I can and do form my own opinions on the s**t that it contains.

However even if I hadn't read it, there is absolutely no context (other than saying this is
    absolutely not what you should do which is not what the bible says) that justifies an instruction
    that women should be forced to marry the man that rapes them.
    Or for that matter be forced to marry a guy and live with him for the rest of his life simply because
    you got caught having sex with the guy.

There is also no context that justifies slavery (also advocated in the bible).

There is no need to be an 'expert' on the bible to understand this.

Claiming otherwise is just moronic.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 21:16
    You ever been out of Queensland?

Try it, it's good for the soul.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 22:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Yes, I have read it.

That does not mean I am an 'expert' in it.
    Although the fact that people think that you have to be an 'expert' in the bible to
    understand it might be a hint that it probably wasn't written by a god, or if it was
    they had really cr*py communication skills.

However having read it I can and do form my own opinions on the s**t ...[text shortened]... o be an 'expert' on the bible to understand this.

Claiming otherwise is just moronic.
    dude you gotta lighten up, broaden your mind, other people are different from you,
    think differently from you, have a different perspective on life, the meism of the
    system has got to you, yes ok it may be argued that we have only our own
    evaluations, never the less, it hardly invalidates those of others, does it.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 22:45
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You ever been out of Queensland?

Try it, it's good for the soul.
    i was on google map today looking around townsville, looked pretty awesome to me.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 01:16
    i was on google map today looking around townsville, looked pretty awesome to me.
    so. is it a town or a village?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 01:37
    Dont go to Townsville. Cairns. Sure. Atherton tablelands. Very nice.
    Townsville is one big hole. It is dominated by the Air force and army jocks (AJ's)
    who like to pick fight with the local aborigonal winos.

And the poor uni students who have to go up there for their degree that try to avoid the other two groups.
    Unless you have air-conditioning it's only really nice in the winter, for 25 celcius in Townsville is not the same as 25 in Brisbane.

I did my one year in Townsville. I've done my penance.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    I believe the show "power puff girls" came up with "townsville" as a joke name for their main city in that show.

I dont think the planners were really thinking when they came up with that name.
    Then again there is "Azure Blue" appartments that have just gone up near me (means "blue blue" 🙄 )
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 02:401 edit
    Nobody here, I'm sure, is any less outraged than you are about the suicidal rape victim in the OP, Dasa.

The 'problem' with your approach to this problem of profoundly backward cultural practices and discrimination against women in some countries and regions of the world, is that it is so chip-spittingly tabloid that you are making inaccurate assertions and generalizations and projecting them onto a whole religion at the worldwide level.

If you are genuinely interested in discussing the issues, you need to be less of a snarling, scattergun cyber-blowhard about it. Rape, suicide, abuse; these are serious issues that deserve more serious attention than you afford them.

If, on the other hand you are just letting of a few puffs of ego-steam - or building up to yet another of your genocide proposals, or something similar - then keep on as you are.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 03:15
    Another Islamic law allows a married man to get a marriage certificate for 48 hours so
    he can have sex with the girl next door???

actually this is another inaccuracy, the practice of temporary marraige (Mutah) is only
    practised amongst Shia's and its not for a period of forty eight hours as you have
    erroneously asserted, it can be for a numb ...[text shortened]... understanding is the primary goal to be realised, that all else stems from
    it?understanding?
    It is because of Satanic influences. Even JWs should be able to understand that.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 03:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is because of Satanic influences.
    That may be so in terms of your own beliefs, but I don't see how you ascribing blame to a supernatural entity contributes to a subjective analysis of, and approach to reactionary, Old Testament-like cultural backwardness that renders women so vulnerable to abuse.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 03:39
    The absurd law makers are Muslim.

If Islam is the way of peace and truth you would not have such degrading laws invented.

This law is degrading women rights as human beings.......and allowing Muslim men to have a feast of free forced sex against innocents.

Another Islamic law allows a married man to get a marriage certificate for 48 hours so he can hav ...[text shortened]... mes in history.......and dreamt up and fabricated by mundane persons devoid of true knowledge.
    You don't know enough to understand that there is True Christianity and False
    Christianity. Vaisnavism is just another form of the false religion called
    "Hinduism" by most people. There is nothing eternal about it or its literature.
    All one has to do is throw the Vedic literature into one of those fiery furnances
    we used to use to discard our Top Secret cryptographic messages and the
    Verdic literature would go up in a puff of smoke.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 04:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I believe the show "power puff girls" came up with "townsville" as a joke name for their main city in that show.

I dont think the planners were really thinking when they came up with that name.
    Then again there is "Azure Blue" appartments that have just gone up near me (means "blue blue" 🙄 )
    hehe. i guess that means it's true blue.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 07:081 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    Its a town in Queensland, Australia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree