1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 07:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Dont go to Townsville. Cairns. Sure. Atherton tablelands. Very nice.
    Townsville is one big hole. It is dominated by the Air force and army jocks (AJ's)
    who like to pick fight with the local aborigonal winos.

And the poor uni students who have to go up there for their degree that try to avoid the other two groups.
    Unless you have air-conditioning ...[text shortened]... is not the same as 25 in Brisbane.

I did my one year in Townsville. I've done my penance.
    Yes it look hot, but after experiencing the high forties in the Punjab, i think a meagre
    25 Celsius is bearable. Sometimes there would be load shedding and no electricity for
    Ac's and fans, the whole country turned into like a huge sauna. They have lots of
    Scottish names up there in Townsville, Glasgow avenue, Edinburgh avenue, Galloway,
    Bruce drive, Ayr etc etc I think a redkneck like me could live there with my truck and
    dungarees!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 01:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes it look hot, but after experiencing the high forties in the Punjab, i think a meagre
    25 Celsius is bearable. Sometimes there would be load shedding and no electricity for
    Ac's and fans, the whole country turned into like a huge sauna. They have lots of
    Scottish names up there in Townsville, Glasgow avenue, Edinburgh avenue, Galloway,
    Bru ...[text shortened]... drive, Ayr etc etc I think a redkneck like me could live there with my truck and
    dungarees!
    They got those names everywhere. They really aren't very original with coming up with those street names.

Yes, if Dasa comes from up there somewhere, and has no other window to the world than the local mainstream tv channels then we could well be dealing with some super freak in hare krsna crossed with some backwater redneck!. Weird.
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 03:30
    Bru ...[text shortened]... drive, Ayr etc etc I think a redkneck like me could live there with my truck and
    dungarees!
    25 celsius in winter Robbie. In Summer it is high 30s (celcius) with almost 100% humidity. Worst thing is in summer it is stinger season so you cant go in the inviting water even if you wanted too - that and the crocs of course - along with the bay between Townsville and Magnetic island being one of the biggest bredding grounds for Tiger sharks in the East Coast of Australia!

This along with the points raised about the 3 groups in town all hating each others leads to a wonderful place!

Shame really as Magnetic Island is great as is the Great Barrier Reff beyond it
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 15:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You don't know enough to understand that there is True Christianity and False
    Christianity. Vaisnavism is just another form of the false religion called
    "Hinduism" by most people. There is nothing eternal about it or its literature.
    All one has to do is throw the Vedic literature into one of those fiery furnances
    we used to use to discard our Top Secret cryptographic messages and the
    Verdic literature would go up in a puff of smoke.
    There is no such thing as true Christianity because all Christian sects kill animals by the billions.

They also all declare that there is no such thing as reincarnation for the soul.

They also are all defending a religion that was invented only 1600-1700 years ago...............and everyone knows that true religion must be eternal.

The Vedas are the only eternal teachings in existence.........because they are the only true teachings of God and spirituality.

False knowledge cannot endure because it is false and disappears over time.

However true knowledge endures for eternity because it is true and delivered and presented by the Lord Himself.

The Lord does not present false knowledge.............only mundane man does that.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 15:28
    Another Islamic law allows a married man to get a marriage certificate for 48 hours so
    he can have sex with the girl next door???

actually this is another inaccuracy, the practice of temporary marraige (Mutah) is only
    practised amongst Shia's and its not for a period of forty eight hours as you have
    erroneously asserted, it can be for a numb ...[text shortened]... understanding is the primary goal to be realised, that all else stems from
    it?understanding?
    It has been adopted by Muslim men all over when they feel the urge to stray.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 15:311 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There is no such thing as true Christianity because all Christian sects kill animals by the billions.

They also all declare that there is no such thing as reincarnation for the soul.

They also are all defending a religion that was invented only 1600-1700 years ago...............and everyone knows that true religion must be eternal.

The Vedas are the on ...[text shortened]... rd Himself.

The Lord does not present false knowledge.............only mundane man does that.
    What kind of school did you go to in order to learn this nonsense about Christianity?

P.S. Protecting animals

http://www.gotquestions.org/animal-rights.html
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 15:42
    It has been adopted by Muslim men all over when they feel the urge to stray.
    you must have done something really, really bad in a past life.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 22:56
    Originally posted by nook7
    25 celsius in winter Robbie. In Summer it is high 30s (celcius) with almost 100% humidity. Worst thing is in summer it is stinger season so you cant go in the inviting water even if you wanted too - that and the crocs of course - along with the bay between Townsville and Magnetic island being one of the biggest bredding grounds for Tiger sharks in the East Coa ...[text shortened]... derful place!

Shame really as Magnetic Island is great as is the Great Barrier Reff beyond it
    Yeah Magnetic Island is great, it's still so smalltown

You want to filter out some nasties, just add water!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '12 10:14
    Morocco this week ......saw a 16 year old Muslim girl ingest rat poison because she was forced to marry the man that raped her.

Islamic law allows the rapist to be found not guilty of rape if he marries the victim.

It does not matter the least if the victim refuses to the marriage... (as if she would agree)

After she was forced to marry this scum...... ...[text shortened]... n civilized society this scum bag rapist would have immediately been executed.

BAN ISLAM NOW.
    What's your link for this story?
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    21 May '12 10:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    who needs a link when you live in a dream world with your own lunatic ideas......
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '12 10:35
    Originally posted by nook7
    who needs a link when you live in a dream world with your own lunatic ideas......
    I believe he has extrapolated some false claims and generalizations from the story. Perhaps if he offered his link it might be possible to make him realize.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 10:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Bump for Dasa.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 11:58
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you must have done something really, really bad in a past life.
    Never mind that, his hate speech in this life can only result in a descent to the status of a parasite in the gut of a sickly lizard in the next.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree